TTC Application Process

ericgu22

1 minute ago, Someguy3071 said:

Where's uniform fitting? I was measured at Hillcrest. 

You will be assigned an Employee Number and you will be filling out additional paper work (At 11th Floor – 250 Bloor)

·   You will be fitted for your uniform ( At 1138 Bathurst St – Hillcrest Complex)

1 minute ago, NoUse4AName said:

So during training you have no access to free employee parking? Or do the employees have to find parking and pay to park as well ?

You pay to park at Hillcrest. Also you have to park in commuter lot and pay while at Wilson division.  Other divisions may be free but space is very limited. Lots of $$ to spend before actually making any here.

2 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

You pay to park at Hillcrest. Also you have to park in commuter lot and pay while at Wilson division.  Other divisions may be free but space is very limited. Lots of $$ to spend before actually making any here.

Yeah sounds like it lol.. sucks when the only money you have is found deep in the couch cushions right now 

13 minutes ago, NoUse4AName said:

That for documentation or for training? Do they actually let you park where employees park during training ?

For either, they are public lots. There is No parking for employees unless you’re management at hillcrest. 

1 minute ago, TTC123 said:

For either, they are public lots. There is No parking for employees unless you’re management at hillcrest. 

Awesome.. sounds about right 

2 minutes ago, TTC123 said:

Tory is worried about the PC government not founding the city with enough money lol 

Hi guys,

I'm excited and anxious at the same time. Here is my timeline process so far.

Applied online around November 2018 cant remember exact date.

Information session March 23

Did interview and signed conditional offer on same day.

Medical done April 16th

Police clearance came back April 25

MTO send a letter saying my medical is cleared for "C" license

Now patiently waiting....ugh the anxiety is getting to me lol.

My one worry is that during the testing I was found to have a small color blindness which the lady said is common in males.

Fingers crossed!!

Anyone here have anytime lines between medical and when they got the call for documentation.

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Thegreatcanuck said:

Hi guys,

I'm excited and anxious at the same time. Here is my timeline process so far.

Applied online around November 2018 cant remember exact date.

Information session March 23

Did interview and signed conditional offer on same day.

Medical done April 16th

Police clearance came back April 25

MTO send a letter saying my medical is cleared for "C" license

Now patiently waiting....ugh the anxiety is getting to me lol.

My one worry is that during the testing I was found to have a small color blindness which the lady said is common in males.

Fingers crossed!!

Anyone here have anytime lines between medical and when they got the call for documentation.

Thanks in advance

My friend has color blindness and he's doing fine. You just won't be able to work subway 

Hi everyone 

I am new to this platform and would like to know if anyone that did their interview in march got a date for documentation as yet??

My timeline so far....

Online application November 22, 2018

Assessment/interview march 23rd, 2019

Medical april 8th, 2019

MTO letter approve me for level "B" LICENCE

Any idea how long the process normally takes??

Thanks for y'all help in advance.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:18 PM, Thegreatcanuck said:

Fingers crossed!!

I have the same thing. It just mean you can't do subway. You'll be fine on a bus or streetcar. 

Hi everyone, first time poster. Been lurking for a little over a year when I first applied. Very great source for people applying. Anyways, I applied last year, got the info session and was asked for an interview which happened about 2 months after the session. Needless to say, after the interview they contacted me through email saying they were not continuing. I know my interview wasn't my best.
Fast forward to now, I applied about 2 months ago and  was invited for the info session/test coming in a couple weeks. I had to read the email correct as they also asked to bring resumes, diplomas, etc that I remember were required for the interview. It then reads that if successful, there will be an interview same day. I come back here and read most people had conditional offer upon a successful interview. Seems like they are fast tracking the last couple months. I had 3 questions, if anyone is in the same boat as I.

1) Are the interview questions, or interview style the same as they were prior?

2) Nothing asks to bring a reference letter or list of reference. How do they offer the job without this? Do they ask for it after? Should I still bring it?

3) Dress code for info session? I remember most people dressing casual last year. With the potential interview after, would be it wise to be in interview attire? i.e. dress pants, shirt, tie, shoes?

Thanks all.

7 hours ago, georgepaca said:

Hi everyone, first time poster. Been lurking for a little over a year when I first applied. Very great source for people applying. Anyways, I applied last year, got the info session and was asked for an interview which happened about 2 months after the session. Needless to say, after the interview they contacted me through email saying they were not continuing. I know my interview wasn't my best.
Fast forward to now, I applied about 2 months ago and  was invited for the info session/test coming in a couple weeks. I had to read the email correct as they also asked to bring resumes, diplomas, etc that I remember were required for the interview. It then reads that if successful, there will be an interview same day. I come back here and read most people had conditional offer upon a successful interview. Seems like they are fast tracking the last couple months. I had 3 questions, if anyone is in the same boat as I.

2) Nothing asks to bring a reference letter or list of reference. How do they offer the job without this? Do they ask for it after? Should I still bring it?

3) Dress code for info session? I remember most people dressing casual last year. With the potential interview after, would be it wise to be in interview attire? i.e. dress pants, shirt, tie, shoes?

Thanks all.

1) interview questions I can’t really speak too cause I don’t even remember what they asked me

2) have the reference list ready, but if you’re successful and fast tracked then they probably won’t ask for it

3) it’s smart to dress business or business casual simply because it looks sharp and like you’re serious about this. All up to you though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TTC123 said:

1) interview questions I can’t really speak too cause I don’t even remember what they asked me

2) have the reference list ready, but if you’re successful and fast tracked then they probably won’t ask for it

3) it’s smart to dress business or business casual simply because it looks sharp and like you’re serious about this. All up to you though.

Great advice TTC123

22 hours ago, georgepaca said:

Yeah probably the general behavioral questions but not as many I would think. I wasn't part of the fast track last year so my interview was close to an hour long with 2 interviewers. I still have the questions they asked me if you're interested send me a pm

I can chime in a little bit as I failed my initial interview in I believe 2017 but passed this year ( March 2019) 

1. The interviews are the same format and questioning but in a much more relaxed environment where you don’t feel like you’re being grilled over every answer you give 

2. I provided a full reference list and history but it was not taken 

3. Dress business casual, I saw some people there just show up in sweat pants and they didn’t seem to make it passed the final interview stage, whether they was appearance judgement or not qualified I’m not sure 

if you’re successful they bring you into a 3rd room and offer you a condition of employment which is dependent on your medical and any other qualifications they need you to get, once you’re done don’t expect to start ASAP, I finished the medical and job shadow within a week of the interview but got an email that it can be months before contact again due to the TTC waiting on the medical company submitting the results 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:54 PM, NoUse4AName said:

Yes I totally understand that there are some that are unwavering in their seriousness to their job and don't like to show their happy go lucky side lol after all they are "setting up" the people trained for a job that carries a lot of stress responsibility.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, havox said:

If that is your mentality than don't bother going at all. And street car training I hear is harder than bus. If you go into it thinking of failure than you're gonna fail. 

I got put into subway which is the hardest mode from what everyone says

On 2/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, Spin_AP said:

I was also at the info session on Feb.7 and got my interview well after 4pm. It was well worth it because I signed my conditional offer at 5pm.

I just got an email stating that we will have to complete the job shadowing assignment and present it at documentation.

Good luck to everyone.

I was also at February 7 info session I start training in a few weeks in subway

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, $ylke said:

Did you just get the email this week?

2 minutes ago, NoUse4AName said:

Did you just get the email this week?

I recieved and email last week with 12 attachments of which they said was transit operator reference materials but nothing about a training date mode or that I'm sure I'll be getting one shortly 

1 hour ago, $ylke said:

I didn't know the TTC would put new hires straight into subway training without going through surface transport (buses or streetcars) first. Probably to prepare for the mass hiring that will come as Line 5 nears completion and operators will have to get used a brand new mode of transport.

13 hours ago, Transit geek said:

I didn't know the TTC would put new hires straight into subway training without going through surface transport (buses or streetcars) first. Probably to prepare for the mass hiring that will come as Line 5 nears completion and operators will have to get used a brand new mode of transport.

They put new people into a mode where operators are required. If they need 20 people in subway, they'll put 20 new hires in subway. It doesn't make sense to train operators on bus or streetcar if subway operators are needed. 

• 2 weeks later...