TTC Application Process

ericgu22

52 minutes ago, Razeeb14 said:

Guys I completed day 5. I m very scared of driving practical test. R they very strict or accommodating?

Just like everyone else has said in this forum, do exactly what they teach you, ask questions if you’re not sure and they will teach you everything you need to pass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Razeeb14 said:

Guys I completed day 5. I m very scared of driving practical test. R they very strict or accommodating?

Stay far away from the curbs... if you mount or touch the curb you're pretty much screwed.

10 hours ago, havox said:

Stay far away from the curbs... if you mount or touch the curb you're pretty much screwed.

During training it's ok to mount or touch the curb but get it out of your system before the test because one mount and you fail but rubbing the curb you will lose points.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Yo_Yo said:

During training it's ok to mount or touch the curb but get it out of your system before the test because one mount and you fail but rubbing the curb you will lose points.

You can still fail out before the day 16 test for mounting curbs. I'd say for the first few days of driving it's OK, but by day 15 you should be confident enough to not hit curbs. My partner got kicked out Day 15 for 2 unsats, one for mounting a curb and one for running a yellow light. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NovaBus76 said:

Well found out from an inside source at the TTC you need to get 10 out of the 50 questions correct on the test at the info session and 5 have to be the math problems 

Pretty sure the aptitude test has over 50 questions in each section.  

On 2/4/2019 at 7:10 PM, NovaBus76 said:

Or use what they teach you about making turns, turning radius and the buses wheelbase     

yea but some of the alternate turns are tight.  If you have to use on coming traffic lane to clear the intersection make sure it is safe before doing it.  If you force the oncoming traffic to reverse, it is considered invasive action.  

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Do I really have to do this? Well, OK, here goes: 

There's too many to link, so just click here: https://cptdb.ca/search/?q="one word posts"&sortby=relevancy

(Can we PLEASE stop this? When someone says to someone to stop something, the conversation should end there)

Let's get something clear here.  You are not a moderator.  If you'd like to tell people how they should post, then I strongly suggest you apply for the position.  Also, the context of the post you seem to have such an issue with because it is "one word", is a complete answer to the question therefore more than adequate.  May I offer you the suggestion of contacting the mods to have a post removed if it bothers you so much?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4