TTC Application Process

ericgu22

No date provided. They said 2018 is filled. We ll be call anytime between jan to March. 

They said failure rate is 30%. I m getting scared. 

On 11/15/2018 at 12:10 AM, A7M4SAM said:

hey did you go for your documentation ?
did you get your start date and what you will be operating.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:52 PM, Razeeb14 said:

No date provided. They said 2018 is filled. We ll be call anytime between jan to March. 

Don’t worry about the failure rate. If you don’t listen to the instructors and don’t  put in the time then you won’t pass. If you don’t understand something just ask questions. It’s a commitment for 25 days.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to become a Yard Dispatcher through the new VISION? (selecting buses to be put on routes) Is this a seniority think where I have to start as an operator? Look at the VISION program screenshot, that is what I mean. I got that on: 

https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2016/January_21/Reports/Presentation_Vision_Program.pdf  

Also, is there a "fleet manager" position at the TTC? I guess this would be the person who decides what buses to buy (or I think the government decides this indirectly by offering subsidies or offering to pay for them) and deciding what buses get retired, and when? How would you get there?

image.png

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2018 at 6:52 PM, Razeeb14 said:

Like others have said, just listen to the instructors and put the time in. They practically spoon feed you and want you to pass. Those that fail choose to fail. Once they figure out it's not the job they thought it was or wasn't their cup of tea.

This job is not for everyone.

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, ttc9432 said:

Does anyone know how to become a Yard Dispatcher through the new VISION? (selecting buses to be put on routes) Is this a seniority think where I have to start as an operator? Look at the VISION program screenshot, that is what I mean. I got that on: 

https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2016/January_21/Reports/Presentation_Vision_Program.pdf  

Also, is there a "fleet manager" position at the TTC? I guess this would be the person who decides what buses to buy (or I think the government decides this indirectly by offering subsidies or offering to pay for them) and deciding what buses get retired, and when? How would you get there?

image.png

yard dispatcher jobs are filled through internal bidding.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 8:45 AM, havox said:

Contact the leader instructor. It can't hurt. I heard one of the students contacted him after he failed and a few months later they contacted him back to do a retry. His situation was one where he had like 9 different instructors and he said he couldn't adapt to 9 different training methods. *shrug who knows. 

They approved my Appeal...

• Like 1

Whom did you contact and what was the process ? I am in the same situation. Hope you can guide me. Thanks

On 12/8/2018 at 1:13 PM, Ttc appeal said:

They approved my Appeal...

Congrats buddy !!Whom did you contact and what was the process ? I am in the same situation. Hope you can guide me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 2:28 PM, Zion said:

Finally Got my training date today more than a month after documentation. Starting October 15 and heading to Mt Dennis after. Good luck to everyone still waiting it could be another 25 days after we’re done training. Super nervous about going to Mt. Dennis ?

Hi there I’ll be starting my training January 7 and will be stationed at mount Dennis.how did you find that location? 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:47 AM, simpleform said:

Finally got training date, October 1.

Been in the process since February but had issues with medical which dragged me down.

Just too bad I got Mt. Dennis when I live in Ajax.

Hey I live in Scarborough and just received my training start date for Jan 7th for mount dennis division as well. I was just wondering how you got through training and how is mount Dennis? 

41 minutes ago, Ari said:

Hi there I’ll be starting my training January 7 and will be stationed at mount Dennis.how did you find that location? 

Hey I live in Scarborough and just received my training start date for Jan 7th for mount dennis division as well. I was just wondering how you got through training and how is mount Dennis? 

Routes are tough, lots of tight turns, but if you can get through training at Mt.Dennis then you can work any division, you will learn how to drive really fast or you will fail.

7 hours ago, Ari said:

Omg I’m even more nervous now! A friend of mine failed training because she hit a cone! But praying I’ll get through it okay 

thanks for your response 

Just don't take the top off the bus at Warden station and you'll be fine lol

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ari said:

Omg I’m even more nervous now! A friend of mine failed training because she hit a cone! But praying I’ll get through it okay 

thanks for your response 

My advice is listen to your instructor, if you're not sure of anything ASK!! Don't be a hero, or think you know everything, take your time and you'll be ok.

3 hours ago, havox said:

Just don't take the top off the bus at Warden station and you'll be fine lol

How the hell did she pass training?? Lol

14 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

ttc has student summer jobs.  They are tough in get in.  Cleaner positions are the easiest to get.

I wouldn't do a cleaner job. Is there a list of summer jobs somewhere on their website? (sorry, to lazy to look)

6 minutes ago, Yo_Yo said:

Sorry bud if you're too lazy to look then any TTC job is not right for you.

No, I was studying when I posted this. I'm looking now. 

I was just looking and this is what i found, but when you click the website the page pops up giving error 404. Help? 

https://ttc.ca/Jobs/Summer_Student_Opportunities/index.jsp

On 12/30/2018 at 12:33 AM, Yo_Yo said:

Routes are tough, lots of tight turns, but if you can get through training at Mt.Dennis then you can work any division, you will learn how to drive really fast or you will fail.

Forget driving fast. Drive safe. Let CIS do their job and fix you if you're behind. -10 or -100, who cares? Just drive safe. You will not fail by being safe. You will fail by trying to be fast over driving safely. 

On 12/30/2018 at 2:19 PM, Yo_Yo said:

How the hell did she pass training?? Lol

She passed same way you did. Her problem was she got overconfident. Instead of stopping and calling for help she thought she could fix it herself. If you're not sure about something, you stop the bus and you call and get help. If other operators at the station and passengers on the bus are telling you to stop, you stop. Assess the situation and call for help if needed. You will not get in trouble for making a mistake and calling for help. You will get in trouble for trying to fix the mistake yourself and smashing the bus. 

7 hours ago, Orion VI said:

I wouldn't do a cleaner job. Is there a list of summer jobs somewhere on their website? (sorry, to lazy to look)

As I said before, cleaner positions are the easiest to get in.  Even Cleaner positions are highly competitive.  Once you get your foot in the door, you can move around next summer comes around.

Oh yea, lazy people please don't apply.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

As I said before, cleaner positions are the easiest to get in.  Even Cleaner positions are highly competitive.  Once you get your foot in the door, you can move around next summer comes around.

Exactly!! And there absolutely nothing wrong with a cleaner job. ?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

He’s already said he’s too good. Academia has already warped his perception.

I see great things in his future....even wants preliminary information spoonfed to him.

Better some other kid with actual drive and merit get in than a placeholder using up oxygen.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

He’s already said he’s too good. Academia has already warped his perception.

I see great things in his future....even wants preliminary information spoonfed to him.

Better some other kid with actual drive and merit get in than a placeholder using up oxygen.

Preliminary information is normally spoonfed to you. How are you going to use a spoon unless someone tells you what it is and how to use it? If i'm going to set my summer job stadards as low as that, I might as well work at Tims. Might even get a better salary. 

Don't reply and say something like "you don't know what I went through to get here, so lay off", because I know you will.

Let's get back on topic before an Admin has to step in. 

I'm saying because he has prior knowledge of the TTC than I do, he could think of something. For your info, I checked the TTC website for any summer job listing, and when I clicked on both hyperlinks (no requirements and requirements) a tab came up saying the job was no longer listed. That's when I asked him that. I didn't bother mentioning you, because you NEVER reply to mentions. 

Don't get mad at me.