TTC Application Process

ericgu22

13 minutes ago, Razeeb14 said:

I had my med on 25 sep. they found sugar in my blood and hearing loss in my left ear. My right ear is fully functional though. The doc sent me to my family doc. M I in trouble?

Their concern is diabetes when finding elevated sugar levels. Basically they will need to confirm you don't have diabetes or if you do the condition is treated adiquitly. Also you may be required to get a hearing aid in order to clear your medical.

15 minutes ago, Razeeb14 said:

I had my med on 25 sep. they found sugar in my blood and hearing loss in my left ear. My right ear is fully functional though. The doc sent me to my family doc. M I in trouble?

They are stationing people all over. My class went to Wilson, MT.Dennis, and Malvern

• Thanks 1

Finally Got my training date today more than a month after documentation. Starting October 15 and heading to Mt Dennis after. Good luck to everyone still waiting it could be another 25 days after we’re done training. Super nervous about going to Mt. Dennis ?

24 minutes ago, Zion said:

Finally Got my training date today more than a month after documentation. Starting October 15 and heading to Mt Dennis after. Good luck to everyone still waiting it could be another 25 days after we’re done training. Super nervous about going to Mt. Dennis ?

Congrats buddy.. when was was documentation. I believe it was on 8th aug. i am still waiting?

Hello.

I applied for the Transit Operator position on Sept. 22, 2018 - I know this can be a long process, but I haven't heard back from anyone. How long might I expect to receive initial correspondence?

I live in Toronto, I drive in Toronto, outside too. I have rural and suburban driving experience - but aside from having a clean Drivers License since I was 16, no accidents, no tickets, I don't have any professional driving experience. Do you think I would even be considered? What are their hiring criteria, etc. What are my chances? Anything I can do to improve?

Any advice is welcome. I'm happy to provide more information. I appreciate all the help. Looking for a timeline, getting crazy being at home ALL day. Cheers! 

11 hours ago, boof'n'driwve said:

Hello.

I applied for the Transit Operator position on Sept. 22, 2018 - I know this can be a long process, but I haven't heard back from anyone. How long might I expect to receive initial correspondence?

I live in Toronto, I drive in Toronto, outside too. I have rural and suburban driving experience - but aside from having a clean Drivers License since I was 16, no accidents, no tickets, I don't have any professional driving experience. Do you think I would even be considered? What are their hiring criteria, etc. What are my chances? Anything I can do to improve?

Any advice is welcome. I'm happy to provide more information. I appreciate all the help. Looking for a timeline, getting crazy being at home ALL day. Cheers! 

As far as I know they look at customer service experience as a priority. During training all I heard was "they can train anyone to drive a bus" but they can't really train customer service as easily. 

For myself I had 4 years of retail service before I applied to TTC. During the interview I related almost all the questions to my experience with customers so that helped a lot 

On 9/26/2018 at 10:08 PM, Kawasaki said:

Wow. I rocketed past those who went to the August Info Session.

Just finished the September Info Session and was conditionally hired. They told us we were very lucky as we did not have to do the job shadowing. They won't even need to check references.

All in all, the process was super sped up. We did the written assessment and aptitude test and they were marked VERY fast, must have been 15-20 minutes or so before we were told if we were successful or not. (They played the price is right music when calling us down lol)

The interview itself was even more sped up. It was only 4 questions and it seemed as if they really wanted us to answer as fast as possible, not in detail. It must have been a 10 minute interview. The best part was all the interviews were in one room so it was LOUD. It wasn't a one on one in a quiet room. Definitely less nerve wracking with all those people around. Good luck to everyone else!

What day did you do your info session/interview on?

On 9/28/2018 at 8:20 PM, boof'n'driwve said:

Hello.

You only applied a few days ago. It could take weeks or even months to get an invitation to the information session. 

For those training out of Mt. Dennis, just wanted to know if there's onsite parking? And if not, where would be the closest spot.

EDIT: on street parking right in front for training members for now as majority of parking is torn up is what I'm told. Looking on Maps there's only a few spots until no parking signs are posted.

EDIT 2: Passed day 3, yay! Group that just came in behind me are Arrow or Mt. Dennis. Group before me was Wilson, Birchmount and Arrow. Can't wait for the new master sign up so hopefully I can get something closer to home.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 10:02 PM, simpleform said:

For those training out of Mt. Dennis, just wanted to know if there's onsite parking? And if not, where would be the closest spot.

EDIT: on street parking right in front for training members for now as majority of parking is torn up is what I'm told. Looking on Maps there's only a few spots until no parking signs are posted.

EDIT 2: Passed day 3, yay! Group that just came in behind me are Arrow or Mt. Dennis. Group before me was Wilson, Birchmount and Arrow. Can't wait for the new master sign up so hopefully I can get something closer to home.

Thank you for the update, and congratulations on passing?.

9 hours ago, Blueberry said:

Finally for the training start date for 25th oct. was documented on 8th aug. Got street car ?

Congratulations!!!!!

On 9/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, Hbe said:

Wooo got my training date finally for October 11th! After that I’m off to Arrow road which is amazing since it’s closest to home! Good luck to everyone! 

Congratulations!!!! Arrow was my Dream location ?

• Thanks 1

Hey folks, I've been gleaning information here for the past few months and just wanted to share my timeline to see if anyone else here is in the same boat.

*Keep in mind I was part of the fast track hiring process*

Information session - May 24th, 2018

Interview - May 24th, 2018

Conditional offer - May 24th, 2018

Medical date - June 11th, 2018

Documentation date - August 31st, 2018

Training start - ?

From my knowledge, they populate training classes from seniority according to our medical dates. I contacted HR and they said that I would be training *most likely in the next several weeks. Latest person I've seen here on the forums was part of the June 8th medical date group, anyone here from the June 11th group or prior just so I can get a sense of the wait time ? 

I'm not sure if they follow the training schedule they posted online but the last training groups (streetcar and trains) according to the schedule is due for November 1st so I'm holding my breath I make it for one of those dates otherwise I'm going to have to wait till January.

5 hours ago, Rmort said:

Hey folks, I've been gleaning information here for the past few months and just wanted to share my timeline to see if anyone else here is in the same boat.

*Keep in mind I was part of the fast track hiring process*

Information session - May 24th, 2018

Interview - May 24th, 2018

Conditional offer - May 24th, 2018

Medical date - June 11th, 2018

Documentation date - August 31st, 2018

Training start - ?

From my knowledge, they populate training classes from seniority according to our medical dates. I contacted HR and they said that I would be training *most likely in the next several weeks. Latest person I've seen here on the forums was part of the June 8th medical date group, anyone here from the June 11th group or prior just so I can get a sense of the wait time ? 

I'm not sure if they follow the training schedule they posted online but the last training groups (streetcar and trains) according to the schedule is due for November 1st so I'm holding my breath I make it for one of those dates otherwise I'm going to have to wait till January.

Well as you can see we’re just starting to get our training dates finally, so I don’t think you should be that far from getting yours. Looks like there’s lots of classes starting this month and next month.

I did my medical June 5th so you’re right behind me.

2 hours ago, simpleform said:

Heard that all remaining people hired this year will be assigned west end divisions only.

So all the east end people prepare yourselves. But things could change...who knows.

Ahh that's not exactly what I was hoping for but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Zion said:

Well as you can see we’re just starting to get our training dates finally, so I don’t think you should be that far from getting yours. Looks like there’s lots of classes starting this month and next month.

I did my medical June 5th so you’re right behind me.

Thanks for giving me a frame of reference, I appreciate that. I do hope you're right because as for what the 2018 training calendar suggests, the last batch is due for the start of November and it seems like there have been applicants allocated to the end of October classes already.

22 hours ago, 9924 said:

I'm just curious.  Let's say you and a buddy are in training together, you get assigned Depot "A" and he get's Depot "B", you were hoping for "B" and he was hoping for "A".  Can you ask to be switched?

Seems like you just did! *it never hurts to ask...