TTC Application Process

ericgu22

7 hours ago, simpleform said:

Finally got training date, October 1.

Been in the process since February but had issues with medical which dragged me down.

Just too bad I got Mt. Dennis when I live in Ajax.

Don't feel too badly as I live in Oshawa and got Wilson division. I have been training out of Arrow, Mt. Dennis and Wilson. The commute is bad coming home at 3pm. Good job is worth the commute. Congratulations on your start date.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, NovaBus76 said:

Look at this way you will build character from doing the commute from Ajax to Hamilton or Mt Dennis or where ever you said 

Commuting along 401 for many years now unfortunately so I've got more than enough character already ?

18 hours ago, Zerocool said:

Don't feel too badly as I live in Oshawa and got Wilson division. I have been training out of Arrow, Mt. Dennis and Wilson. The commute is bad coming home at 3pm. Good job is worth the commute. Congratulations on your start date.

Just keeping my eyes on the prize but would've been a super bonus to get Malvern or Birchmount. Guess I'll put my time in then transfer. Funny thing is my in-laws live around the corner from Mt. Dennis but moving in with them is another can of worms I don't wanna open with a 20ft pole.

12 hours ago, The Patient said:

Anybody know about streetcars in detail regarding training, driving ?

.32 days of training (does not include weekends or holidays)

.First few days of training are at Hillcrest

.You’ll be based out of Russell/Leslie division

.You’ll be taught on the new cars at the beginning of training and they’ll teach you the old cars toward the end

.Midterm written test, Final written test, Circle check test, Coupling test(old and new cars), B-23 test, Midterm driving test, Final driving test (old and new cars)

.Older vehicles are nicer to drive in my opinion

.Large stopping distance must be given, especially in slippery rail conditions

.Stop,Check,Go all switches and always ensure that they are set for your intended direction of travel

.When leaving a main line over a manual switch, you are required to go back and set it for the main-line direction once you have passed over it

.10km/h over all facing and trailing switches until your rear trucks have passed over them

.25km/h entering signallized intersections

.25km/h entering crosswalks

Updated Timeline

Applied Online = July 19st, 2018

Received Invitation for Information Session/Aptitude Test = Aug 10th, 2018 

Information Session/Aptitude Test = Aug 29th 2018

Received email for Interview = September 18, 2018

Interview = October 17th, 2018

On 9/13/2018 at 4:58 PM, BusMaster said:

I heard back from the TTC about my application :). Time to do that job shadowing assignment. 

Updated Timeline

Applied Online = July 31st, 2018

Received email for Interview = September 13, 2018

Interview = October 5th, 2018

Hi,

Can anyone help me how to do the job shadowing assignment, i forgot everything explained at the session and cannot find any info online or ttc website 

Hi,

Can anyone help me how to do the job shadowing assignment, i forgot everything explained at the session and cannot find any info online or ttc website 

On 12/30/2016 at 10:26 AM, Betablocker said:

The two digits is the run number. Nothing to be concerned about for your shadowing assignment. When you're doing a crew (shift), it will specify what run number you'll be doing on that particular route. Once you start training you'll learn about this system.

Hi,

On 9/13/2018 at 4:58 PM, BusMaster said:

I heard back from the TTC about my application :). Time to do that job shadowing assignment. 

Updated Timeline

Applied Online = July 31st, 2018

Received email for Interview = September 13, 2018

Interview = October 5th, 2018

This is my process. Exact days, except application day. Going to do the Assignment hopefully this weekend

Wow. I rocketed past those who went to the August Info Session.

Just finished the September Info Session and was conditionally hired. They told us we were very lucky as we did not have to do the job shadowing. They won't even need to check references.

All in all, the process was super sped up. We did the written assessment and aptitude test and they were marked VERY fast, must have been 15-20 minutes or so before we were told if we were successful or not. (They played the price is right music when calling us down lol)

The interview itself was even more sped up. It was only 4 questions and it seemed as if they really wanted us to answer as fast as possible, not in detail. It must have been a 10 minute interview. The best part was all the interviews were in one room so it was LOUD. It wasn't a one on one in a quiet room. Definitely less nerve wracking with all those people around. Good luck to everyone else!

13 hours ago, Kawasaki said:

Wow. I rocketed past those who went to the August Info Session.

Just finished the September Info Session and was conditionally hired. They told us we were very lucky as we did not have to do the job shadowing. They won't even need to check references.

All in all, the process was super sped up. We did the written assessment and aptitude test and they were marked VERY fast, must have been 15-20 minutes or so before we were told if we were successful or not. (They played the price is right music when calling us down lol)

The interview itself was even more sped up. It was only 4 questions and it seemed as if they really wanted us to answer as fast as possible, not in detail. It must have been a 10 minute interview. The best part was all the interviews were in one room so it was LOUD. It wasn't a one on one in a quiet room. Definitely less nerve wracking with all those people around. Good luck to everyone else!

This is good news. Congratulations

41 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

Maybe they are filling spots of ppl that either dropped out of training or failed ?

They are required to fill 1000 positions by the end of 2018. They must be hundreds short and year end is nearing.  This may explain the fast track hiring. Sucks for those who have been through the regular process but not much you can do.