TTC Application Process

ericgu22

16 hours ago, Carmello_87 said:

Where you at now?

I got my medical clearance letter from MTO last week. I forwarded it to my recruiter and am waiting to be notified for documentation. Long wait since I did my medical at beginning of May. Just remaining patient. 

11 hours ago, Carmello_87 said:

How long did it take to get the MTO approval letter? Medysis sent MTO my results on Friday. So I'm waiting to hear from them now.I heard some ppl had documentation on Friday July 20th as well.

Once I sent my clearance note from my doctor to medysis it took about 5 weeks to get my letter. Not to worry though as your seniority is based on the date you did your medical. So even if you start later than some your seniority will be better than some. I'm just being patient knowing everything will fall into place soon. Hang in there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zerocool said:

Once I sent my clearance note from my doctor to medysis it took about 5 weeks to get my letter. Not to worry though as your seniority is based on the date you did your medical. So even if you start later than some your seniority will be better than some. I'm just being patient knowing everything will fall into place soon. Hang in there.

Not accurate, in regards to seniority the date of medical only applies to your training group, when and if you pass training your actual seniority date is your first day of training in regards to picking work and probation, benefits, etc.

Documentation was July 20th

email me two days later and training starts  Aug 7th 2018

BUS

EGLINTON DIVISION ?

Anyone else start training in Aug 7th at Hillcrest and assigned to Eglinton ??? 

• Like 1

Hello!
This is my first post here. I usually just lurk around, haha.

I wanted to share with you all that my training starts on August 7th!

I will be at the Malvern Division (I'm stunned! So far away from where I live!)

I've accepted this, but I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with the division. Generally, how are the routes and such? I'll be operating a bus.

Best of luck to everyone still in the hiring process!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, libran said:

Documentation was July 20th

email me two days later and training starts  Aug 7th 2018

BUS

EGLINTON DIVISION ?

Anyone else start training in Aug 7th at Hillcrest and assigned to Eglinton ??? 

More people to Eglinton? Awesomeeeeee! If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Good luck!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DontBeMean said:

Hello!

This is my first post here. I usually just lurk around, haha.

I wanted to share with you all that my training starts on August 7th!

I will be at the Malvern Division (I'm stunned! So far away from where I live!)

I've accepted this, but I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with the division. Generally, how are the routes and such? I'll be operating a bus.

Best of luck to everyone still in the hiring process!!

My girlfriend received the same email but the dates in the email were unclear. She emailed them and they responded to her inquiry saying the training start date is actually August 9. I'm worried there is a miscommunication and either you or her are incorrect. Can you email them and let me know? Thanks

3 hours ago, havox said:

More people to Eglinton? Awesomeeeeee! If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Good luck!

YIPEEE.... we’ll be in 5th selection in no time. Lol. Been lucky, haven’t done a single night bus since I started, had a few late reliefs but that seems to have passed too now

On 7/23/2018 at 10:07 PM, Zerocool said:

My girlfriend received the same email but the dates in the email were unclear. She emailed them and they responded to her inquiry saying the training start date is actually August 9. I'm worried there is a miscommunication and either you or her are incorrect. Can you email them and let me know? Thanks

I got the same email, actually. It seems we're both starting on August 9th. I've sent a confirmation email just in case, but I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to be August 9th now.

I wish her all the best!

EDIT: I did hear back from the TTC, and they've confirmed that yes, the start date is August 9th.

Edited by DontBeMean
More information obtained

3 hours ago, red87 said:

If you do not clear the medical, who tells you that you did not pass and will not be hired? How does that process go about? And are there any options for people like this?

Depends on why you did not clear the medical, Medysis is contracted to assess and only send results to the TTC Medical Officer.  During the process the TTC will go over your file and make a decision only when it gets the results from Medysis, and then will notify you if your application proceeds.  If for any reason you want to protest or challenge the decision then you must speak to human resource.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Patient said:

Hi all,

its good most of us start getting training dates. I'm still in medicals.

So guys, could you please confirm the training timings? Mon - Fri 7-3pm? 

or is there any other timings

All the best !

Most trainings are from 7-3pm, Mon to Fri. However, there were some batches that were from 4-11pm.

Also, for Days 22-24, it will be based on the schedule of your divisional trainer.

42 minutes ago, 565stncdo said:

Most trainings are from 7-3pm, Mon to Fri. However, there were some batches that were from 4-11pm.

Also, for Days 22-24, it will be based on the schedule of your divisional trainer.

Thank you.

One more question, One of friend, his appointment was today in morning for documentation. he was asked to go to training location to give measurements for his uniform.

They usually ask for sizes on documentation date?

28 minutes ago, The Patient said:

Thank you.

One more question, One of friend, his appointment was today in morning for documentation. he was asked to go to training location to give measurements for his uniform.

They usually ask for sizes on documentation date?

Don’t worry about the measurements ‘coz there is someone who will do it for you during the documentation.

7 hours ago, bluewater said:

Can someone shed light on what the training schedule is like for Bus from day 1-day 25? What happens on the last day of training?

Day 1-Day 24 : Learning to be a TTC Operator

Day 25 : Final Road Test