TTC Application Process

ericgu22

2 hours ago, havox said:

The rumors are true. If successful at the session testing, the applicant will be called in to another room for an on spot interview. They will get a conditional offer and medical date right there and then. 

I'm pretty sure they did this for a few info sessions only and have reverted back to normal hiring process. A person above mentioned he was scheduled for an interview on Tuesday. 

On 6/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, Anonymouse said:

Hey folks.

Interviewed on May 31, admittedly feel like I bombed it. Asked my references if they had heard anything and noone has received a call.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since the interview. Am I right in assuming I didn't make the cut?

Will they let me know either way?

In the interview they told you 4 to 6 weeks when your interview is over. They will contact if you pass or fail. Id give it more time. Ttc is bombarded with new hires (including my self). 

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2018 at 6:58 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

The change of moving up is very difficult.  People live Malvern.  I submiited a bid to move to malvern recently.  If my bid is approved, i will bump you down by one spot.  Sorry bud.

That's ok. I'm going to think that a lot more new hires are going to come in than moves. At least that's what I'm hoping for. Either way, I'm happy.

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum, below is my timeline for the hiring process:

April 25th: applied online, after 3weeks got invitation for info session.

May 22nd: attended info session, got the interview same day & conditional offer without job shadow or reference check.

May 29th: medical check

Jun 21st: received police clearance in mail, and emailed HR police clearance report on june 22nd.

My questions is, does anyone know estimated date for them to call me for documentation?

2 hours ago, ALL_IS_WELL said:

Hi guys,

May 22nd: attended info session, got the interview same day & conditional offer without job shadow or reference check.

Jun 21st: received police clearance in mail, and emailed HR police clearance report on june 22nd.

My questions is, does anyone know estimated date for them to call me for documentation?

The application process takes time and patience, you have 417 pages of resources in this forum you can read and find out.  Have fun and good luck.

10 hours ago, Yo_Yo said:

The application process takes time and patience, you have 417 pages of resources in this forum you can read and find out.  Have fun and good luck.

Doesn't take a whole lot of time right now. They're fast tracking everyone.

18 hours ago, ALL_IS_WELL said:

Hi guys,

By seeing your medical date, I guess you attended PM sesseion. I was in the AM  and still wating for Police clearance letter. other person I know in the same session got Police letter 10 days ago did medical on May 24th still wating to be called for documentation. 

i heard there were around 80 hires in that morning.

If they process in order of seniority number I think It may take more than 1 month for me because i was very last person in that morning

below is my timeline for the hiring process:

April 23th: applied 

May 23nd: attended info session, got the interview same day & conditional offer 

Jun 6th: medical check

waiting for d police clearance 

3 hours ago, poweradd said:

By seeing your medical date, I guess you attended PM sesseion. I was in the AM  and still wating for Police clearance letter. other person I know in the same session got Police letter 10 days ago did medical on May 24th still wating to be called for documentation. 

i heard there were around 80 hires in that morning.

If they process in order of seniority number I think It may take more than 1 month for me because i was very last person in that morning

Thanks poweadd!! Lets see, they've told us if everything goes well then our start date would be in Fall. So i'm guessing we're in the same boat. I think they'll wait for another 2-3 weeks and call us all together for documentation probably by end of july.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:54 PM, havox said:

What was your classes passing rate? Good?

Only 4 out of ten. We had lost 2 in our group of 4. And then in another group of 4 two were lost as well. 2 made it through to Scarborough birchmount. Then me and another made it to Mount Dennis and man the routes are intense.

Anyone coming to mount Dennis ?????

8 hours ago, Transit77 said:

Only 4 out of ten. We had lost 2 in our group of 4. And then in another group of 4 two were lost as well. 2 made it through to Scarborough birchmount. Then me and another made it to Mount Dennis and man the routes are intense.

Ouch that sucks! I heard mount Dennis has rough routes for sure 

15 hours ago, Transit77 said:

Curious; is there some common/frequent reason why people fail out of training? Is it just "they suck at driving in general" and then they have that "suckiness" compounded by having to drive a big ol' city bus? Bad attitudes? Absent mindedness? 

Anyone chime in here? Might be some things others in training could look out for.

1 hour ago, bluewater said:

Hi Guys, can any of you tell me what documents are required for documentation..and what happens during documentation? and how long does it take?? Just wondering so that I know if I would need to take a day off from work. Thank you all.

Where you sign documents, you get an email with what is required, get measured for uniforms, it takes 4-5 hours.

2 hours ago, SoulSonick said:

Curious; is there some common/frequent reason why people fail out of training? Is it just "they suck at driving in general" and then they have that "suckiness" compounded by having to drive a big ol' city bus? Bad attitudes? Absent mindedness? 

Anyone chime in here? Might be some things others in training could look out for.

You can be doing everything right but you mount a curb during testing, automatic fail.

4 hours ago, The Patient said:

Hi guys.

Detected with severe sleep apnea. recommended cpap machine. Now, It gonna take few weeks for my doctor to submit my report to TTC if my sleep apnea will come within normal range.

So, I am basically stuck in medicals. all  the best to all others.

You will be required to use CPAP machine for 30 days. Your data will be extracted from machine's memory card and your doctor will have to verify your therapy is working sufficiently before a note will be released. I submitted my note two weeks ago and still waiting on documentation. Hang in there.

5 hours ago, SoulSonick said:

Mounting curbs during the first few days of driving is okay, the instructor will not give you an unsatisfactory for that. But as you progress you should not be mounting curbs anymore, come days 10-15 if you keep mounting curbs the instructor will give you unsatisfactory scores. You rack up 2 unsats during training and you're booted. So yes, it is possible to fail out before the day 16 test (my partner failed on day 15). 

21 hours ago, SoulSonick said:

I think it's mostly that some people have a tough time controlling their nerves on day 16. There are a few people that find out in the middle of training that the job is not for them and they quit. A very small few fail bacause they fail to listen to the trainers and/or do not do their homework. 

Also, I predict there will be a higher percentage of quitters and/or fails as a result of the "fast tracking" through the hiring process. Just an opinion.

54 minutes ago, Max3031 said:

I think it's mostly that some people have a tough time controlling their nerves on day 16. There are a few people that find out in the middle of training that the job is not for them and they quit. A very small few fail bacause they fail to listen to the trainers and/or do not do their homework. 

Also, I predict there will be a higher percentage of quitters and/or fails as a result of the "fast tracking" through the hiring process. Just an opinion.

Maybe.  Some newbies have attitude problems and started playing games.  

2 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Maybe.  Some newbies have attitude problems and started playing games.  

This has not gone unnoticed by the maintenance department’s management. A marked spike in premature tire sidewall wear was a red flag.