TTC Application Process

ericgu22

On 6/9/2018 at 3:45 PM, Transit geek said:

Don't you have to start with a bus?

Heard that in some places you don't need a driving license to drive trams/streetcars, or they are considered separate licenses, e.g. in Russia.

Nope.  You will be placed where you are needed.  If you read the requirements on the operator posting, you must have a G license in a good standing.  

11 hours ago, Zperf said:

Hello all,

new to the forum, I am also going thru the application process. tests, interview, med test, and now police background check and fingerprinting and waiting.

I am currently working with another "government" parcel company and still deciding if TTC is for me or not.  but I want to know since I am starting out fresh what are the chances that they will lay you off if they don't need you?  I was reading online  ATU 113 union news and it seems like that the bargaining outcome is not that great and I know that TTC is an essential service. 

I just want to make sure that if I quit my previous job to work for TTC that I will not be out of a job after 10 months.

I am under the impression that people who got the job is like winning the lottery? or they got the "golden ticket"

staff will the lowest seniority will be laid off first should there be one.  

47 minutes ago, The Patient said:

Hi. Just got email from medisys. They say i need to give them additional information about sleep apnea from any doctor recommeded by my family doctor. Will it delay my processing and will they refuse my application if i will get detected by sleep apnea?

Thanks

1. Yes, it will delay your processing,

2. If the sleep clinic detects sleep apnea (I had bad sleep apnea.)  They will recommend that you get a CPAP machine to help you sleep and breath properly in your sleep. You then have to use it continuously for 1 month without fail, as they need to get data to show that your sleep apnea is being treated and that you are not sleepy or drowsy during the day.  The sleep doctor will then write a report for you that shows you have passed and you can pass that along to Medisys. 

It took me 2 months to get through that.

6 minutes ago, Mazinger Z said:

1. Yes, it will delay your processing,

2. If the sleep clinic detects sleep apnea (I had bad sleep apnea.)  They will recommend that you get a CPAP machine to help you sleep and breath properly in your sleep. You then have to use it continuously for 1 month without fail, as they need to get data to show that your sleep apnea is being treated and that you are not sleepy or drowsy during the day.  The sleep doctor will then write a report for you that shows you have passed and you can pass that along to Medisys. 

It took me 2 months to get through that.

This information is absolutely accurate. The amount of time it will take depends on how long it takes referral to get to sleep doctor and for them to book you for an appointment. It took me a month to get my appointment from referral date. I was already diagnosed so luckily I just had to provide CPAP report and wait for my letter clearing me. If you are not diagnosed with sleep apnea they will have to book you in for a sleep study. Then you will have to wait for follow up appointment with sleep doctor. Then you will have to obtain CPAP machine from supplier. Then you must use machine for 30 days and provide doctor with results before you are cleared. If you are from Durham region the whole process could take 3+ months easily.

9 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

If you are not diagnosed with sleep apnea they will have to book you in for a sleep study.

Just want to chime in here.  There are different types of sleep apnea and OSD (Obstructive Sleep Disorder).  I have Night Time (TH) Turbinate Hypertrophy and CPAP is not the answer to this. I've had it (TH) for about 10-15 years and only just getting a handle on it.  Many doctors are totally ignorant about TH. OSD is serious, in addition to just causing daytime sleepiness, sleep disorders prevent your body from getting the deep slow wave restorative sleep that it needs. Without the slow wave deep sleep you will gain weight and will have high blood pressure. Without a proper OSD diagnosis, many doctors will just happily treat the symptoms and not the cause. I just wish I had known all this sooner. All these years I just thought I had a night time allergy sinus condition and high blood pressure from my weight gain (which I now know why I gained the weight since I have never been a heavy person normally). 

So, just in the event that your test for soft palate apnea is negative, keep in mind that is not the only 'apnea' there is.

Sorry for being off topic, and good luck with your TTC application process.

• Like 1

Last year I could make it to interview only and I reapplied in March end after a gap of 1 year.  Still waiting for invitation to info section. Will it be adviceable to contact my last hr person by email or shud I wait .  Experts need ur advice. 

Thanks

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, Hellothere said:

Is anyone here starting training on Friday June 15?

Which division are they placing you?

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, Hellothere said:

Is anyone here starting training on Friday June 15?

Hey I noticed you said on an earlier post that you were starting june 12, now you said that its the 15th. Why did they change it on you? 

Would it be faux pa if I we’re to call the person who told me my training start date just to confirm? I am 99.9 percent sure what I wrote down and repeated back to them is correct but I just woke up when they called me and just want to be sure.

51 minutes ago, MTTCK said:

Would it be faux pa if I we’re to call the person who told me my training start date just to confirm? I am 99.9 percent sure what I wrote down and repeated back to them is correct but I just woke up when they called me and just want to be sure.

Yes you should call to confirm, throughout the application process if you are not sure of anything...call or email.  It doesn't hurt.

7 hours ago, Newbie ttc said:

Last year I could make it to interview only and I reapplied in March end after a gap of 1 year.  Still waiting for invitation to info section. Will it be adviceable to contact my last hr person by email or shud I wait .  Experts need ur advice. 

Thanks

Hello friends

I just got the call for documentation. I was asked to bring references again. Did anyone else have to and did they end up contacting your references again? I'm asking so I know if I should give my references a heads up that they may be contacted again. 

9 hours ago, wiggum93 said:

I just got the call for documentation. I was asked to bring references again. Did anyone else have to and did they end up contacting your references again? I'm asking so I know if I should give my references a heads up that they may be contacted again. 

why would they?