TTC Application Process

ericgu22

4 hours ago, Certainwayz said:

Hello All,

Applied : Jan 15 2018

Information session: Mar 26 2018

Interview: Apr 26 2018 (pending the outcome)

Will post updates as they come appreciate everyone who contribute to the forum, and helped me through the stages.  

Did your references got contacted yet? Thanks

• Like 1

Updating my time-line as I have now completed the stages of waiting haha. 

November 2 2017  - Applied to Operator Job

December 20 2017 - Received email for info session invite

January 9 2018 - Information session

January 26 2018 - Received email for interview invite

March 1 2018 - Interview date

March 5/6 2018 - References contacted

March 9 2018 - Received email for conditional offer

March 16 2018 - Medical booked

April 13 2018 - Documentation 

May 16 2018 - Training 

Any questions just message me. Happy to help out. 

•  
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2018 at 7:43 PM, Hassen said:

When was your interview date?

It was March 21st.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, Zerocool said:

Did they ever get back to you and explain?

No.  I asked where the disconnect was because I thought I aced the interview and would love feedback for future reference.  She didn't reply.  Probably doesn't want to risk a back and forth.  It's all good.  I think I'm over it.  

Just now, Busguy87 said:

Does someone from the ttc actually call to confirm the medical test was passed?, or do you just wait until you hear from the about documentation scheduling?

They wont call to confirm medical was passed. You'll know when they call for documentation. I've seen others post that they got a letter from the MTO that they passed, but that's few in between I believe.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:20 PM, Hope said:

I have got conditional offer letter and needs to go for medical and drug test. 

I want to know what is included in the medical test? Is there any issue if had accident before and had knee surgery. 

What are the task needs to be done in medical and physical test? If anyone have doen recently from Medisys Clinic please advice me.

Thank you

Hi there

when was your interview date ? just wanted to know if it was the same time as mine which was on April 21 2018

Does anyone know how the random drug tests are conducted? Do they randomly meet you at the start of your shift or pull you off your bus? I figure it would be a swab test but maybe it’s urine or blood. I don’t care either way but needles stress me out lol.

1 hour ago, R2-DETOUR said:

Does anyone know how the random drug tests are conducted? Do they randomly meet you at the start of your shift or pull you off your bus? I figure it would be a swab test but maybe it’s urine or blood. I don’t care either way but needles stress me out lol.

I don’t believe its needles. I’m pretty sure its urine test but I could be wrong.

Completely random, computer generates badge numbers and whomever’s badge is selected is tested (you can be tested several times, or not tested for a long time). If you’re involved in a collision you’re sent for testing, if a supervisor or wicket clerk suspects drug/alcohol impairment you can be sent then too. 

In terms of when, it’s also random, you may be told to do so before you take your bus out for your shift, or called sometime during your shift telling you to pull over and have a relief driver takerover while your tested etc. Best to avoid any sort of impairment prior to work and if you’re unfit for duty then report it rather than being caught including perscription medications too so if you’re tested and come back for a controlled substance (ei. prescription painkillers) atleast it’s reported before hand

3 minutes ago, TheAverageGuy said:

I don’t believe its needles. I’m pretty sure its urine test but I could be wrong.

Completely random, computer generates badge numbers and whomever’s badge is selected is tested (you can be tested several times, or not tested for a long time). If you’re involved in a collision you’re sent for testing, if a supervisor or wicket clerk suspects drug/alcohol impairment you can be sent then too. 

In terms of when, it’s also random, you may be told to do so before you take your bus out for your shift, or called sometime during your shift telling you to pull over and have a relief driver takerover while your tested etc. Best to avoid any sort of impairment prior to work and if you’re unfit for duty then report it rather than being caught including perscription medications too so if you’re tested and come back for a controlled substance (ei. prescription painkillers) atleast it’s reported before hand

No needles nor urine.

For the sake of your personal safety you shouldnt drive while impaired.

11 hours ago, havox said:

They wont call to confirm medical was passed. You'll know when they call for documentation. I've seen others post that they got a letter from the MTO that they passed, but that's few in between I believe.

MTO letter is only for people (like me) who had some sort of Medical issue that had to be dealt with to obtain Commercial License Clearance.

Reading this thread really makes me appreciate the old days when you simply went somewhere, handed in your resume and they asked you when you could start.  What an incredibly ridiculous, inefficient and insanely bureaucratic process it is these days - sheesh ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 9924 said:

Reading this thread really makes me appreciate the old days when you simply went somewhere, handed in your resume and they asked you when you could start.  

The really old days, you didn't need a resume.  The employer provided a Job Application Form (with questions pertinent to the job and nothing else) which you filled out and handed in. Starting work was as simple as your boss taking the 'Help Wanted' sign off the window and you were hired, sometimes on the spot !!! No fuss.

12 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

MTO letter is only for people (like me) who had some sort of Medical issue that had to be dealt with to obtain Commercial License Clearance.

I believe this to be incorrect. I'm completely healthy, drug free and have never had any type of health issue, yet I received a letter from MTO yesterday citing that I've been cleared.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

I believe this to be incorrect. I'm completely healthy, drug free and have never had any type of health issue, yet I received a letter from MTO yesterday citing that I've been cleared.  

First week of April. 

On 5/14/2018 at 11:28 AM, havox said:

52 minutes ago, Eastsider said:

First week of April. 

When did you do your medical? 

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

Can someone walk me through what happens at the information session?

You'll receive a folder with information about the job. The lead recruiter will talk about the job, they'll call up a transit operator and he/she will also talk about the job. You'll then write the test followed by a small written essay.

Hi everyone I had my interview on April 30 haven’t received any call or email since then. They told me that they will contact in  2 to 4 weeks. None of my reference got contacted yet it’s been two weeks already.should I still hope. Thanks 

7 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

The really old days, you didn't need a resume.  The employer provided a Job Application Form (with questions pertinent to the job and nothing else) which you filled out and handed in. Starting work was as simple as your boss taking the 'Help Wanted' sign off the window and you were hired, sometimes on the spot !!! No fuss.

Better yet, you just went in, talked to the manager, shook hands and that was it!

God, I don't think I'd have the patience to go through such a recruitment process.  You need some one to do a job - I need a job.  I have the qualifications - thats it, nice and simple LOL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deepak said:

Hi everyone I had my interview on April 30 haven’t received any call or email since then. They told me that they will contact in  2 to 4 weeks. None of my reference got contacted yet it’s been two weeks already.should I still hope. Thanks 

The standard wait time they give is 4-6 weeks after the interview. This is at least true from my experience and what I have read here. Generally references are contacted before 2 weeks but every situation may be different. 15 days is too soon to lose hope though. Essentially if your references aren't called you aren't getting hired. So just keep in touch with your references and be patient.