TTC Application Process

ericgu22

26 minutes ago, Ttcbound said:

Anybody know if the pass rate for training is realtively high? It would be a nightmare to leave a decent full time job just to fail at the training stage. Are you able to re-take the training if you fail the road test?

No, you cant retake the road test.  Dont let the passing rate deceive you.  My class has a 100% percent passing rate.  A class has 0% passing rate.  

I had said it before and i am going to say it again.  Try to request a leave of absense from your current job.

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

No, you cant retake the road test.  Dont let the passing rate deceive you.  My class has a 100% percent passing rate.  A class has 0% passing rate.  

I had said it before and i am going to say it again.  Try to request a leave of absense from your current job.

How long is training?  

8 hours ago, Hassen said:

HI I will  be  having interview next week for TTC transit operator just want know what to expect kind of questions and or ho many questions. ? THANKS

They will ask about your professional career. 12 bahvioural questions, u can google about this type of interview. And be prepared because they want to know ur behavior in a certain type of situation. My interview took a little more than an hour.

So I just got the email from HR that they won't be proceeding with my candidacy as an operator.  :( Would it be inappropriate for me to ask why not?  I thought I aced the interview.

I just got my conditional offer for Overhead Linesperson's Assistant and have my medical coming up. Anyone know the medical requirements for this position? Specifically the eyesight requirement? Do they fall under commercial drivers? I don't have glasses and my vision is good enough to drive without glasses in my personal vehicle as per MTO standards but would not qualify for commercial driver unless i get glasses.

3 hours ago, wiggum93 said:

I just got my conditional offer for Overhead Linesperson's Assistant and have my medical coming up. Anyone know the medical requirements for this position? Specifically the eyesight requirement? Do they fall under commercial drivers? I don't have glasses and my vision is good enough to drive without glasses in my personal vehicle as per MTO standards but would not qualify for commercial driver unless i get glasses.

you better get a pair of glasses.  If that position requires a D license, you have to go through an eye exam

Onto Day 3 of training and I'm loving it. It's true what some of you had said, it depends on the person and on their experience of the training that determines if it's "hard" or "easy". I have been putting myself in a hard-working mentality. Basically, what you put into training is what you'll get out of it. And the instructors are awesome!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mizzll said:

So I just got the email from HR that they won't be proceeding with my candidacy as an operator.  :( Would it be inappropriate for me to ask why not?  I thought I aced the interview.

Definitely inappropriate. Deal with it and move on, sometimes things just don't work out as hoped for!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, J. Bullock said:

Definitely inappropriate. Deal with it and move on, sometimes things just don't work out as hoped for!

I disagree. There is no reason not to ask for feedback. If it's provided, you can learn something and do better next time. If you think you aced it and you failed, there's a disconnect that needs to be resolved.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ajf said:

I just received my conditional offer and have to go for a medical assessment. Does anyone know what that consists of ? 

hey buddy when did you had your interview? I had my interview on april 14th and didn't get any response yet.

thanks

6 hours ago, Ajf said:

I just received my conditional offer and have to go for a medical assessment. Does anyone know what that consists of ? 

Consists of a urine test, hearing and vision test, doctors examination and a physical test portion. 

4 hours ago, matt2k21 said:

hey buddy when did you had your interview? I had my interview on april 14th and didn't get any response yet.

thanks

I had my interview the same day and received conditional offer yesterday. Would have been faster but references were hard to reach.

Hey buddy, I had my interview on April 26. Got condition offer on May 3. They might still be trying to get hold of your references. Did you see if your references got a call?

6 hours ago, matt2k21 said:

thanks

Hey buddy, I had my interview on April 26. Got condition offer on May 3. They might still be trying to get hold of your references. Did you see if your references got a call?

Does anyone know how many months from the conditional offer and completing all the steps to actually start training? 

23 minutes ago, Ajf said:

Does anyone know how many months from the conditional offer and completing all the steps to actually start training? 

Right now they seem to be moving much faster since union put a hold on OT. From the date of your medical (if all goes well) until documentation is somewhere between 5-8 weeks, and training start date usually 3-5 weeks later. (Some people whi didn’t require to give 2 weeks notice were called in much sooner, as early as 2 days after documentation. 

I know some guys who are still waiting much past those timelines, so nothing is certain