Medical March 13 2018 

Police clearance received and sent March 16 2018

Call for documentation April 5 2018 

Documentation April 13 2018 

Call for training April 23 2018 

Mode bus 

Division Eglinton 

May 9 2018 

It seems like they do try to place you in a division close to where you live. Eglinton would have been my second choice. 

Your placed where needed.

4 hours ago, LittleHenry said:

My friend started a training class 2 weeks ago and said 3/4 of the class was being placed at Eglinton and they were from all over the place, definitely not closest to home. 

Recent class at Eglinton 3/4 lived in Brampton. ?

Hey everyone, here's a question. I had my interview in mid-March, references were called the very next day. I chose to defer having my current reference called, as I did not wish to spill the beans at work at that time. I was successful in the interview, got the conditional offer, went in for the medical check and received the police clearance. I even got a letter from the MTO saying I could proceed with applying for a commercial driver's license. Then I get an email from the recruiter saying that everything had been received and that they were ready to move on to the next step, but would now need to contact my current supervisor. So, I finally informed my supervisor that this was happening, and fortunately they were totally supportive and understanding of my decision. The thing is, I told the recruiter on Saturday to go ahead and call, and every day so far this week there has been no call to my current supervisor. I find this odd and a little concerning because they called my previous references the day after my interview. Can anyone shed light on perhaps why they haven't made the call yet? I'm sure I am fretting over nothing, but it's still concerning for me, especially when playing this anxious waiting game that I'm sure we're all familiar with. Thanks very much for any input/insight you might have!  

2 hours ago, WannabeTTC said:

Hey everyone, here's a question. I had my interview in mid-March, references were called the very next day. I chose to defer having my current reference called, as I did not wish to spill the beans at work at that time. I was successful in the interview, got the conditional offer, went in for the medical check and received the police clearance. I even got a letter from the MTO saying I could proceed with applying for a commercial driver's license. Then I get an email from the recruiter saying that everything had been received and that they were ready to move on to the next step, but would now need to contact my current supervisor. So, I finally informed my supervisor that this was happening, and fortunately they were totally supportive and understanding of my decision. The thing is, I told the recruiter on Saturday to go ahead and call, and every day so far this week there has been no call to my current supervisor. I find this odd and a little concerning because they called my previous references the day after my interview. Can anyone shed light on perhaps why they haven't made the call yet? I'm sure I am fretting over nothing, but it's still concerning for me, especially when playing this anxious waiting game that I'm sure we're all familiar with. Thanks very much for any input/insight you might have!  

Can’t be sure, but one thing I do know, theres a lot of waiting in between steps. No news is good news, thats pretty much it. 

the reference checks are done by a 3rd party so that could play a reason in the delay. Just wait, thats all I can personally say

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, andyman said:

No highway driving on road test but you will get a few mins on the highway during training.

actually they do now.  Thanks to a guy who got into an accident on the highway.  That person said the management never tested him on the highway.  After that highway driving is being tested on the exam  

Hi.  So I applied as an operator on November 13th 2017.  I went to the information session on January 10th and my interview was on March 21.  It's been almost 5 weeks.  I was told I would get an email 4-6 weeks later.  None of my references have been contacted.  Can anyone give me any insight?  According to most of the threads I've read here, references are called almost immediately.  

Also, how difficult is the training?  I understand there's a 'conditional offer' and once you pass the training, you get an official offer.  What if someone doesn't pass the training?  What are the chances of not passing?  I've heard they put a lot of time and money into training and don't really want anyone to fail.  

Would love to hear feedback.  Thank you!!

1 hour ago, mizzll said:

Hi.  So I applied as an operator on November 13th 2017.  I went to the information session on January 10th and my interview was on March 21.  It's been almost 5 weeks.  I was told I would get an email 4-6 weeks later.  None of my references have been contacted.  Can anyone give me any insight?  According to most of the threads I've read here, references are called almost immediately.  

Also, how difficult is the training?  I understand there's a 'conditional offer' and once you pass the training, you get an official offer.  What if someone doesn't pass the training?  What are the chances of not passing?  I've heard they put a lot of time and money into training and don't really want anyone to fail.  

I can't speak to every situation, but I had my interview and 2 days later my ref's were contacted and I was informed that I had passed that stage. I got a call on the 3rd day telling me my start date for training, mode, and division. I suggest you email the person that interviewed you and enquire. Good luck!! 

3 hours ago, TheAverageGuy said:

Got called for training

May 14, Bus, Eglinton Division 

anyone know what Eglinton is like? Any tips/Recommendations for either the divison or training

also, how many days do you train at divison compared to hilcrest

don't worry about the schedule especially on 34 and maybe 54.  I say the routes are medium level in terms of difficulties.  

use extra caution when leaving Kennedy station heading east bound.  The concrete barriers are unforgiving.  

13 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

don't worry about the schedule especially on 34 and maybe 54.  I say the routes are medium level in terms of difficulties.  

use extra caution when leaving Kennedy station heading east bound.  The concrete barriers are unforgiving.  

Thanks for the pointers, will be sure to be mindful

would you happen to know how many days training at hillcrest and division?

Hey guys made it through day 16 and now onto the next : ) Just for full clarity you will do 2 times on the highway and 6 alternate turns. And an s curve that you will need to avoid the curbs. Do not touch or come close to a curb. Just stay away from them. Even if you lose points for going wide : ) Just drive safe and relax. Don’t rush or squeeze in don’t force traffic to move wait until it’s clear. Just drive slow and easy. Nothing more : ) hope this helps. 

Dont forget railway crossings is front door and window only. 

Oh last thing move your head and scan the road more than a Xerox machine : )

Make That neck get a work out that day : )

Next challenge is route memorization. Anyone have any tips or best practices ??? Please share.  I’m finding this quite hard now. 

6 hours ago, Transit77 said:

Hey guys made it through day 16 and now onto the next : ) Just for full clarity you will do 2 times on the highway and 6 alternate turns. And an s curve that you will need to avoid the curbs. Do not touch or come close to a curb. Just stay away from them. Even if you lose points for going wide : ) Just drive safe and relax. Don’t rush or squeeze in don’t force traffic to move wait until it’s clear. Just drive slow and easy. Nothing more : ) hope this helps. 

Dont forget railway crossings is front door and window only. 

Oh last thing move your head and scan the road more than a Xerox machine : )

Make That neck get a work out that day : )

Next challenge is route memorization. Anyone have any tips or best practices ??? Please share.  I’m finding this quite hard now. 

What was your classes passing rate? Good?

8 hours ago, TheAverageGuy said:

Thanks for the pointers, will be sure to be mindful

would you happen to know how many days training at hillcrest and division?

First four days and one more day, your final written. The remainig chunk of your days are generally at your division or at other divisions depending on availability. You will also have to go to other divisions to get hybrid/diesel and nova training (depending on what your fleet is at your division)

4 hours ago, ghost said:

First four days and one more day, your final written. The remainig chunk of your days are generally at your division or at other divisions depending on availability. You will also have to go to other divisions to get hybrid/diesel and nova training (depending on what your fleet is at your division)

Great, thanks for the info

On 4/27/2018 at 3:15 PM, mizzll said:

I think that if your references haven't been contacted within 2 weeks then the next step is for them to email you that you didn't pass the interview process. I still believe no news is good news and leaves hope that I may be wrong but from hearing and reading other people's experience from not passing the interview that may be the case.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:06 PM, To be continued said:

Got a call for Training starts May 14

Mode : Bus

Division : Eglinton     Only 36 Km away from where i live.   Queensway Dvision(5 Km Far from me)

Documentation was on Apr 25th

Hasn't been any trainees at Queensway for quite awhile. Division is overstaffed at the moment. Best you don't start there anyways as your seniority won't wouldn't get you much. In fact 18 junior operators got pushed out to Wilson this board with losing the 168 and the steady influx of Roncie ops hasn't helped.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, andyman said:

Hasn't been any trainees at Queensway for quite awhile. Division is overstaffed at the moment. Best you don't start there anyways as your seniority won't wouldn't get you much. In fact 18 junior operators got pushed out to Wilson this board with losing the 168 and the steady influx of Roncie ops hasn't helped.

Thanks for insight .