TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Has anyone asked for a delay to contact their references? At what point do they make contact?? I'm assuming they would contact references after successful medical and criminal checks.

Interview was successful for me.

Curious as I've been at my current position for 10+ years and only have 1 supervisor and I don't see things ending well so just want to time things right.

TIA

1 hour ago, simpleform said:

Has anyone asked for a delay to contact their references? At what point do they make contact?? I'm assuming they would contact references after successful medical and criminal checks.

Curious as I've been at my current position for 10+ years and only have 1 supervisor and I don't see things ending well so just want to time things right.

TIA

I havent asked, but if you tell them to hold off on contacting your current supervisor until after medical/police, they can do it. Its an option you can mark off on the reference form you will when you’re at the interview just before you go in

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheAverageGuy said:

I havent asked, but if you tell them to hold off on contacting your current supervisor until after medical/police, they can do it. Its an option you can mark off on the reference form you will when you’re at the interview just before you go in

Yeah, that's what I did and the recruiter acknowledged but was curious about the process and timeline.

4 hours ago, simpleform said:

TIA

During my interview, I requested the HR to give a reference call to my current supervisor at a later stage. All other references from my previous jobs were contacted but my current supervisor is still unaware of my application with TTC(and he is the only supervisor I gave reference from my current job). Not sure if HR would give a reference call at later stage but I'm already through my medical and police clearance.  Just waiting for WES evaluation because I did my education outside of Canada.

I unfortunately got an email saying they will not be moving forward with me after the interview process.  I felt like I was confident coming out of the interview .  Not really sure what happend tbh .  Its one of those things where you can speculate what went wrong but never knowing the answer. You guys think I should send an email ?  Maybe they can give feedback on what to work on.

1 hour ago, MindoverMatter said:

Its one of those things where you can speculate what went wrong but never knowing the answer. You guys think I should send an email ?  Maybe they can give feedback on what to work on.

It can't hurt to ask. I know there are places that let you request, and do provide at some length, feedback for any failed interview. Whether the TTC is set up for that with operator hiring, I don't know.

2 hours ago, MindoverMatter said:

I unfortunately got an email saying they will not be moving forward with me after the interview process.  I felt like I was confident coming out of the interview .  Not really sure what happend tbh .  Its one of those things where you can speculate what went wrong but never knowing the answer. You guys think I should send an email ?  Maybe they can give feedback on what to work on.

You can ask . They responded to me  when i was unsuccessful at the interview.

Hey guys,

I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and then my references got contacted a few days later. From what I've been reading, people who had their references contacted usually got an offer about a week later. It's been 3-4 weeks now since they contacted my references. Does anyone have any experiences waiting this long after their references have been contacted?

Anyone here going for training May 2nd?

1 hour ago, wiggum93 said:

Hey guys,

I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and then my references got contacted a few days later. From what I've been reading, people who had their references contacted usually got an offer about a week later. It's been 3-4 weeks now since they contacted my references. Does anyone have any experiences waiting this long after their references have been contacted?

Usually it is a good sign your references got contacted and then its a matter of waiting. Either way, they will let you know if you pass or fail. Do you know how your references responded?

41 minutes ago, R2-DETOUR said:

How do they typically contact you for documentation and/or to let you know you passed the medicals? Mail, email, phone call? I did my medicals about a month ago. My police clearance came back clear 3 weeks ago. Hoping to start training by mid May latest.

They will call you when they receive your results from Medisys and give you a date for documentation. Then they will send you an email with all the details. Occasionally you will receive a letter from MTO advising you that you passed your medical. 

7 minutes ago, Max3031 said:

Anyone here going for training May 2nd?

Usually it is a good sign your references got contacted and then its a matter of waiting. Either way, they will let you know if you pass or fail. Do you know how your references responded?

Thanks! As far as I know my references responded pretty well. They were all for me getting this job because I'm only working for them part time and seeking full time employment.

3 minutes ago, wiggum93 said:

Thanks! As far as I know my references responded pretty well. They were all for me getting this job because I'm only working for them part time and seeking full time employment.

Just be patient. I was already celebrating when my references told me they were called.

Here is my timeline for transit operator:

Applied August 19 2017 

Invitation to info session October 10 2017 

Info session October 25 2017 

Invitaton for interview November 29 2017 

Interview February 2 2018 

Refeences were contacted around 3 weeks after interview 

Informed by phone on passing interview March 6 2018 

Conditional offer signed March 8 2018 

Medical March 13 2018 

Police clearance received and sent March 16 2018

Call for documentation April 5 2018 

Documentation April 13 2018 

Call for training April 23 2018 

Mode bus 

Division Eglinton 

May 9 2018 

It seems like they do try to place you in a division close to where you live. Eglinton would have been my second choice. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mmi362 said:

Here is my timeline for transit operator:

Applied August 19 2017 

Invitation to info session October 10 2017 

Info session October 25 2017 

Invitaton for interview November 29 2017 

Interview February 2 2018 

Refeences were contacted around 3 weeks after interview 

Informed by phone on passing interview March 6 2018 

Conditional offer signed March 8 2018 

Medical March 13 2018 

Police clearance received and sent March 16 2018

Call for documentation April 5 2018 

Documentation April 13 2018 

Call for training April 23 2018 

Mode bus 

Division Eglinton 

May 9 2018 

It seems like they do try to place you in a division close to where you live. Eglinton would have been my second choice. 

Congrats. My training starts on May 7, mode is bus and division is Eglinton which is 45 km away where I live in Mississauga. I know another person from Mississauga sent to Eglinton.