TTC Application Process

ericgu22

There is a privately owned lot shoehorned in between the south property line and the north side of the railway underpass. 

Parking is flat rate. Entrance is on the west side of Bathurst, immediately past the underpass. Blink and you’ll miss it.

42 minutes ago, Shal32 said:

Anyone has idea where to park when we go to Hillcrest complex for documentation?

The email I got said there was no parking on site, so I parked at the Loblaws on Dupont and walked. And yeah there is a parking lot as bus_medic said but at that time I didn't think to park there.

19 minutes ago, Ttcbound said:

Anybody from the February 7 2018 info session have references called after the interview yet?

My references were contacted today. 1 was not available but the other confirmed details with me. Information session Feb 7 2018. Interview was April 14 2018.

2 hours ago, Ttcbound said:

Anybody from the February 7 2018 info session have references called after the interview yet?

Hi to all. New here. Attended the same session; was interviewed March 24th and got the conditional offer last April 16th.

I’m doing my medical tomorrow- anything unusual I should prepare for?

On 2018-04-17 at 1:44 PM, Max3031 said:

Received my call for training today. I start Wednesday 02 May 2018. My mode will be bus and my Division will be Malvern. I'm very excited. Final leg of this race.

Congrats!

46 minutes ago, 565stncdo said:

Hi to all. New here. Attended the same session; was interviewed March 24th and got the conditional offer last April 16th.

I’m doing my medical tomorrow- anything unusual should I prepare for?

Congrats!

How long after the interview did they contact your references?

6 hours ago, 565stncdo said:

Congrats!

When did you apply online?

Just thought I'd share my timeline;

Applied Online = August 17th, 2017

Received Invitation for Orientation = October 10, 2017 (Asked for another date due to unavailability)

Received Invitation for Orientation = November 02, 2017

Orientation = November 15, 2017

Received email for Interview = January 13, 2018

Interview = February 03, 2018

References contacted = February 05, 2018

Received email regarding passing the interview = February 14, 2018

Medical = February 26, 2018

Received Police Clearance Letter = March 5th, 2018

Email for Documentation = April 08, 2018

Documentation = April 13, 2018

Training Call = April 17, 2018

Training = May 02, 2018

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 565stncdo said:

Congrats!

Nothing unusual to prepare for really. Just a tip don't drink too much water before. I did that and nearly exploded from the wait (it was crazy busy the day of my medical). Otherwise just be rested and go in 20 minutes earlier to fill out additional paperwork. 

• Like 1

Is there a chance that I can commit to night shifts? If so, what are the hours and days off like?

3 hours ago, havox said:

Nothing unusual to prepare for really. Just a tip don't drink too much water before. I did that and nearly exploded from the wait (it was crazy busy the day of my medical). Otherwise just be rested and go in 20 minutes earlier to fill out additional paperwork. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, havox said:

Yeah trust me don't drink too much water. I still haven't heard back about my medical results and accidentally got transferred to their head office in Montreal (Medysis). They admitted to me the Bloor/Islington location has staffing issues (explains my nearly 5 hour processing time). 

Hey everyone, 

I'm new here. I have my aptitude testing on April 25, 2018. I applied for bus driver position. I am really nervous about it. I really want this job and just the idea of tests and exams freak me out so I am definitely panicking. I've been doing a few aptitude tests online but if TTC is like those i'm definitely not feeling confident :( anyone have suggestions or can give an idea of what the testing is like? 

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ari

On 4/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, Whitby said:

Hello everyone 

I'm a newbee in this forum. I got info session April 25th. Is any body can help me where I can do practice of sample aptitude test or cognitive test? Is there any specific website for it? I never did any aptitude test or cognitive test.

Thanks

I have my testing the same date and been wondering the same thing. So nervous

Hey Ari, 

The aptitude test is about 50 questions long. They say you won’t have time to finish it so the goal is to get as many as you can right. Guess if you have to cuz you won’t be penalized for getting a wrong answer. I do know people that finished all 50 questions in the 12 min time limit. I only answered 25 questions and yet I still got to the interview stage. I would have done much better on the test but some of the questions have more than one answer and I wasn’t sure if I had to use a coma, & symbol, or just right the answer beside each other in the little space given for the answer. 

If that sounds confusing maybe it will become clearer once you have the test in front of you. I ultimately chose to use a coma.

8 hours ago, Ari said:

Hey everyone, 

I'm new here. I have my aptitude testing on April 25, 2018. I applied for bus driver position. I am really nervous about it. I really want this job and just the idea of tests and exams freak me out so I am definitely panicking. I've been doing a few aptitude tests online but if TTC is like those i'm definitely not feeling confident :( anyone have suggestions or can give an idea of what the testing is like? 

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ari

I have my testing the same date and been wondering the same thing. So nervous

Look up wonderlic sample tests. It's based off that. Don't forget there's an "essay" portion of the test in the end as well. 

6 hours ago, R2-DETOUR said:

Hey Ari, 

The aptitude test is about 50 questions long. They say you won’t have time to finish it so the goal is to get as many as you can right. Guess if you have to cuz you won’t be penalized for getting a wrong answer. I do know people that finished all 50 questions in the 12 min time limit. I only answered 25 questions and yet I still got to the interview stage. I would have done much better on the test but some of the questions have more than one answer and I wasn’t sure if I had to use a coma, & symbol, or just right the answer beside each other in the little space given for the answer. 

If that sounds confusing maybe it will become clearer once you have the test in front of you. I ultimately chose to use a coma.

Thanks for responding. Math was never my best subject I’ve always struggled and the practice tests I tried online there math questions were difficult for me so I was definitely freaking out. 

2 hours ago, havox said:

Look up wonderlic sample tests. It's based off that. Don't forget there's an "essay" portion of the test in the end as well. 

Thank you Havox

ive tried questions on the wonderlic site and really struggled with the math ones but i’m Hoping it won’t be that difficult! 

2 hours ago, Ari said:

Thanks for responding. Math was never my best subject I’ve always struggled and the practice tests I tried online there math questions were difficult for me so I was definitely freaking out. 

Thank you Havox

ive tried questions on the wonderlic site and really struggled with the math ones but i’m Hoping it won’t be that difficult! 

Most important thing is to read the questions carefully and answer how they want you to answer. You'll do fine =) good luck! 

If you have any more questions just PM me and I'll help you out. The process is still fresh for me so I remember a lot of the things I did. 

Question regarding references:

When they say "references within 5 years", are they saying you can PICK references within the past 5 years OR do you HAVE TO list all your Supervisors/Managers within the past 5 years? If there is a Supervisor/Manager you'd rather not list because of XYZ reason, do you HAVE to list him/her?

1 hour ago, SoulSonick said:

Question regarding references:

When they say "references within 5 years", are they saying you can PICK references within the past 5 years OR do you HAVE TO list all your Supervisors/Managers within the past 5 years? If there is a Supervisor/Manager you'd rather not list because of XYZ reason, do you HAVE to list him/her?

List only references that you want them to contact. I gave them 4 references, 2 from my current job and 2 from my past job. Only 2 of them were contacted.