TTC Application Process

ericgu22

13 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

they say it is done to keep your seniority.  I say it is cash grab.  

I got a letter saying that as well.  However keeping seniority while on protected leave is actually legislated by provincial law, and there is nothing about being required to pay dues in order for that law to apply.  Kind of BS, but what can you really do about it?  Not much I think.  

4 minutes ago, Certainwayz said:

Hi I have a question in regards the shadowing assignment, the assignment requires us to take a street car during the times of rush hour if I'm unable to make the ride during the rush hour can i  ride it during regular hours Thanks.

They’re very specific on the routes, as far as I know you have to follow the instructions very specifically. There are two options for the rush hour routes I beleive morning or afternoon 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Certainwayz said:

Hi I have a question in regards the shadowing assignment, the assignment requires us to take a street car during the times of rush hour if I'm unable to make the ride during the rush hour can i  ride it during regular hours Thanks.

I think it has to be during rush hour  as you need to show  one’s ability To follow instructions 

10 minutes ago, To be continued said:

Hi ,

This blog is really helpful ....

Anyone who has attended the medical on apr 23rd received a call for documentation yet ? There were bunch of future operators  did the medical that day ... 

cheers 

If you mean April 23rd 2017 then you def should have received a call for documentation by now. If you mean April 23rd 2018 then you must be a time traveler since that day hasn’t arrived yet for the majority of folks on this forum unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, TheAverageGuy said:

They’re very specific on the routes, as far as I know you have to follow the instructions very specifically. There are two options for the rush hour routes I beleive morning or afternoon 

I see thank for the quick response I appreciate it.

17 minutes ago, To be continued said:

I think it has to be during rush hour  as you need to show  one’s ability To follow instructions 

I see thank for the quick response I appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, R2-DETOUR said:

If you mean April 23rd 2017 then you def should have received a call for documentation by now. If you mean April 23rd 2018 then you must be a time traveler since that day hasn’t arrived yet for the majority of folks on this forum unfortunately.

Haha 

typo .. it was March 23rd 

3 hours ago, Certainwayz said:

No, you have to ride it during the specified times on the sheet. The rush hour time range is pretty big, so hopefully you can make it.

Hello everyone 

I'm a newbee in this forum. I got info session April 25th. Is any body can help me where I can do practice of sample aptitude test or cognitive test? Is there any specific website for it? I never did any aptitude test or cognitive test.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Whitby said:

Hello everyone 

I'm a newbee in this forum. I got info session April 25th. Is any body can help me where I can do practice of sample aptitude test or cognitive test? Is there any specific website for it? I never did any aptitude test or cognitive test.

Thanks

Congratulations. When did u applied for operator opening 

12 hours ago, Whitby said:

Hello everyone 

Thanks

Google wonderlic practice tests 

Hey everyone,

I'm going through the process right now. Looks like most of the people here are going for transit operator. I applied for Overhead Linesperson's Assistant. I wrote the aptitude test, got called in for an interview, and 3 days later at least 2 of my references that I know of were contacted. Is this a good sign that my references were called? Or does everyone's references get called after the interview? Also, lots of people here mentioned a medical test. What does that test consist of? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiggum93 said:

Hey everyone,

I'm going through the process right now. Looks like most of the people here are going for transit operator. I applied for Overhead Linesperson's Assistant. I wrote the aptitude test, got called in for an interview, and 3 days later at least 2 of my references that I know of were contacted. Is this a good sign that my references were called? Or does everyone's references get called after the interview? Also, lots of people here mentioned a medical test. What does that test consist of? 

No idea about that particular position but at my interview they said only successful candidates will have their references contacted. Looks like you're in.

21 hours ago, Natewer said:

Looks like they are opening it up with wheel-trans when applying to transit operator now . So there’s 4 different modes .

I know another member mentioned wheel trans is out of Lakeshore and is pretty senior and tough to get in but can any operators comment on how the shifts are? I assume no late or graveyard shifts.

On 13/04/2018 at 9:59 PM, simpleform said:

No idea about that particular position but at my interview they said only successful candidates will have their references contacted. Looks like you're in.

I know another member mentioned wheel trans is out of Lakeshore and is pretty senior and tough to get in but can any operators comment on how the shifts are? I assume no late or graveyard shifts.

It is easy to get in now.  10 to 12 hours per day.

6 hours ago, Max3031 said:

How far do you guys live from the division you were placed?

I live ten minutes away. Some people travel up to an hour even though their nearest division is beside them. It really depends on availability and need of the division.