TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Did my medical March 16, hoping to hear back from them soon :) 

My recruiter said you only hear back from Medisys if you fail your medical or if something came up. So I guess no news is good news applies here.

Hey, I did my medical on Feb.20, but had a setback, I had to be reassessed by my family doctor due to high blood pressure.  I was cleared by my doctor and now taking antibiotics to lower my blood pressure. I was notified two weeks ago that my medical file was sent to MTO and TTC, and now waiting for confirmation. My question is, does MTO have a different guideline to pass medical or is it a forgone conclusion and just playing the waiting game for documentation. 

On 3/22/2018 at 5:27 AM, Kali said:

hello has anyone who attended the information session on Feb 6 heard anything back yet for an interview

how long do they usually take to send it out 

I believe I was at that they said either late April into May if you don't hear anything by late May maybe even early June then you are not moving forward 

On 2018-03-22 at 5:27 AM, Kali said:

hello has anyone who attended the information session on Feb 6 heard anything back yet for an interview

how long do they usually take to send it out 

I was part of that session. I got the interview email about 2 weeks ago. I remember they said that my session should hear back by end of April.

I think the best advice I have for people who are waiting for documentation calls or training date calls is to just send an email to the recruiter you were assigned to. That's what they're there for, to help you through the process. 

3 hours ago, Max3031 said:

I think the best advice I have for people who are waiting for documentation calls or training date calls is to just send an email to the recruiter you were assigned to. That's what they're there for, to help you through the process. 

Agreed. I did so, and my recruitment rep explained the process and waiting periods at different stages

• Like 1

Hey All, 

Just finished training for bus at Arrow Road so I'm posting my timeline here so everyone can get an idea of what I went through.

June 28th, 2017 - Applied for the Transit Operator Position.

September 13th, 2017 - Received an email to attend the information session. 

September 28th, 2017 - Attended the information session.

November 2nd, 2017 - Received an email to attend a face to face interview. 

December 8th, 2017 - Attended the face to face interview. (They contacted my references 3-4 days later) 

January 2nd, 2018 - Received a conditional offer of employment. 

January 5th, 2018 - Attended my medical appointment. (Received my police check in the mail 2 weeks later) 

January 26th, 2018 - Received an email for a Documentation session.

January 31st, 2018Attended the Documentation session.

February 14th, 2018 - Received a phone call with a mode, division and training start date.

February 28th, 2018 - Started training for bus. (Amazing instructors!!!) 

April 4th, 2018 - Finished my day 25 of training! 

Hope this helps! Any questions please feel free to ask. The instructors were amazing and really want to see you succeed. 

• Like 3

On 2018-03-27 at 7:59 PM, Transit77 said:

Hey ME-TO thanks so much for the reply. I’m excited and super nervous because I know the expectation surrounding safety I’m happy it’s Mount Dennis as it is closer to home so thank goodness. I’m still scared of the dreaded day 16 test because I would like the opportunity to really practice those alternate turns as well I’m worried about pedestrians doing something random on my test day despite the scanning and practice I put in. Those are my real worries. I enjoy the education part but I’m terrified about the testing on the road not sure how reasonable they are given the challenges today with jay walkers and what not. Also other drivers being careless or a hard braking due to the circumstance. I hope they are reasonable. I can’t wait to join the Mount Dennis team. Hopefully we meet at some point. What are shifts like ? I hear it’s brand new division but you scared me when you said Tough routes? Please fill me in. As for the others congratulations and I’m excited to start training April 2nd 2018. 

Hey yeah I live reasonably close to Mount Dennis. I know they said though it’s based on need but worth a call. See what HR says could be. Mix up. 

I would like to know this as well. 

You will have a lot of time to practice before day 16.

For your MTO written test they are going to prepare you so much that you'll pass it with flying colors. 

Who's your instructor? 

1 hour ago, Cormi3r said:

You will have a lot of time to practice before day 16.

For your MTO written test they are going to prepare you so much that you'll pass it with flying colors. 

Who's your instructor? 

Hey Thanks so much for the post I actually was going to message you. I’m training with Debbie at Mount Dennis tomorrow. Just worried about the driving test. What are some best practices and how was the route ? How difficult is the driving portion as I just want to ensure I’m successful. Thanks again and congratulations job well done : )

On 4/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, NovaBus76 said:

I believe I was at that they said either late April into May if you don't hear anything by late May maybe even early June then you are not moving forward 

Hi hi everyone, 

i have a small question I did my interview on April 9, but till now no email or any call . Is this mean I have failed my interview ...pls let me know.

thabk you.

15 hours ago, havox said:

Just got a call for documentation! April 13th =) 

Hey now that wasnt too bad huh if I recall correctly you just did your medical a few weeks ago.

Apparently I’m still waiting on MTO to process my medical clearance, Medisys sent it to them last month and I’m still waiting to hear back

20 hours ago, Transit77 said:

Hey Thanks so much for the post I actually was going to message you. I’m training with Debbie at Mount Dennis tomorrow. Just worried about the driving test. What are some best practices and how was the route ? How difficult is the driving portion as I just want to ensure I’m successful. Thanks again and congratulations job well done : )

Debbie is fantastic! She was the instructor for a friend of mine that passed last week. She was also the instructor that tested me on my day 25 driving test. You are in good hands! She will prep you with everything you need to know to successfully pass all the test while in training. Just take everyday day by day and one test at a time. You will be fine. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2018 at 5:59 AM, BusFreak93 said:

TTC report states they are looking to hire approx 700 operators this year for anyone curious .

Screenshot_20180406-055753.png

Thanks for the news ghost. 

One question, I did apply last September but no calls yet, do I have to wait 12 months to re-apply for TO?