TTC Application Process

ericgu22

On 2018-02-08 at 10:57 AM, champ2685 said:

safe to say then i didnt get the job. :(

i went for my interview on January 2, 2018

i knew from the moment i sat down as they were super unorganized with their questions and the woman interviewing me were just having a sour day. 

oh well. best of luck to everyone. i will try again next year.

They say 4-6 weeks to notify you, I’d consider no news as good news. I know someone who didnt pass and was notifed within a week. I think there is slmo standard time, it’s probably based on individual interviewers and their schedule so continue to be hopeful

Good luck everyone!

I just got the call yesterday that I start training Feb 26. I appreciate the feedback and contributors to the thread. ?

Timeline ..

May 20 2017 - Submit Application

August 27 2017- Information Session

**notified September about interview

November 2 2017 - Interview

** notified December 12 about offer letter

December 15 2017 - Medical

**notified Jan 12 about documentation 

January 24 2018- Documentation

** notified Feb 9th about start date

Feb 26 2018 - Training 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 2:18 PM, Betablocker said:

Subway is worst one. I never understood why so many people wanted to transfer there. By the biggest praeiudicium about subway are the jumpers. You get a few of those every month. Every time you pull into a station you don't know who's hiding behind that wall you can't see who's ready to jump right in front of you. It's Russian roulette. The air quality is also pretty bad down as you inhale brake dust, mice crap, not to mention the smell of no-so-hygienic riders that recirculates on the train.

Yes, subway has a big toll. Those f****ng kids that pretend to jump or to push their friends in front of the train...they're playing with fire. Imma snap one day and beat the pulp out of one of them.

But yeah, customer service forbids me and all of that bullcrap...

Big toll, huge friggen toll on your mental wellbeing...but subway ain't the only mode where people jump in front of your vehicle to take their lives...

...but the absolute best thing about driving a train in one of these "situations" is the limitation of liability. Passengers have a place to be, the train has its place, as long as I do (within reason) everything I can do to prevent injury I'm clear. As long as it isn't a ttc employee (track worker) I basically don't have to defend myself.

With a bus or streetcar, when you have an accident you have a lot more to worry about. That being said, it exacts a huge toll on your personal well being.

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2018 at 5:23 PM, Turtle said:

Yes, subway has a big toll. Those f****ng kids that pretend to jump or to push their friends in front of the train...they're playing with fire. Imma snap one day and beat the pulp out of one of them.

But yeah, customer service forbids me and all of that bullcrap...

Big toll, huge friggen toll on your mental wellbeing...but subway ain't the only mode where people jump in front of your vehicle to take their lives...

...but the absolute best thing about driving a train in one of these "situations" is the limitation of liability. Passengers have a place to be, the train has its place, as long as I do (within reason) everything I can do to prevent injury I'm clear. As long as it isn't a ttc employee (track worker) I basically don't have to defend myself.

With a bus or streetcar, when you have an accident you have a lot more to worry about. That being said, it exacts a huge toll on your personal well being.

I have noticed an uptick in this recently.   The kids are getting more ballsy - their sticking hands, feet & the real crazy ones their head as you pass. 

11 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Which mode are you doing again?

Listen to your instructor.  Do your homework.  Review the material everyday.

always buckle up your seat belt.  As stupid as it sounds, some people failed for not buckling seat belts.

They haven’t told me yet. They only gave me the start date so far which is March 5. I had asked for the start date as I needed to plan ahead some personal stuff. Thanks for your reply!!!

• Thanks 1

This forum has been very helpful in this long process, everything you need to know is here, you might have to go through pages and pages but it's well worth it.  My one advice is be patient, no news is good news.  This is my timeline so far.....

Applied online: August 18, 2017

Invite to Info Session: October 10. 2017

Info Session/Aptitude Tests: October 25, 2017

Invite to Interview: December 3, 2017

Interview: February 2, 2018

Conditional Offer: February 15, 2018

Medical: February 20, 2018

Police Check: March 9, 2018

Documentation: April 20, 2018

Good luck to everyone!

On 14/2/2018 at 12:57 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

Which mode are you doing again?

Listen to your instructor.  Do your homework.  Review the material everyday.

always buckle up your seat belt.  As stupid as it sounds, some people failed for not buckling seat belts.

It’s going to be Bus. I’m going to Wilson division... 

March 5th!!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Funkyboodah said:

Question on urine test, I have my medical booked for next week, and was wondering about postive tests based on other factors than illicit drugs eg.Tonic water, Advil, poppy seeds, affecting the results.

So you're talking about a false positive.  the urine test that they do isn't cheap and is very good at weeding out false positives. if youre taking any prescription medication make sure you declare it. also make sure you have a legit prescription for it. if something shows up in your urine they'll give you a chance to explain if its been declared.  if you want you can do some research about false positives and try to avoid whatever causes them but don't worry about it too much.  just stay away from drugs.   

7 hours ago, Milli said:

So you're talking about a false positive.  the urine test that they do isn't cheap and is very good at weeding out false positives. if youre taking any prescription medication make sure you declare it. also make sure you have a legit prescription for it. if something shows up in your urine they'll give you a chance to explain if its been declared.  if you want you can do some research about false positives and try to avoid whatever causes them but don't worry about it too much.  just stay away from drugs.   

Thanks, I figured...just been reading stuff online.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Singh123 said:

I gave test on 10th jan. Is there still chance to get email for next round .Thanks

It’s been a month now and we are edging into March.

I would reach out to HR and see what has happened, from what I know you should also been on the look out for your Police Clearance Letter in the mail.

I haven’t been able to reach all of my references for the past 5 years & I left one of my positions on bad terms over a money dispute so I’d rather not use them as a reference. I have a few questions that I’m hoping someone can answer. Also, even though there’s almost 400 pages on this board I’ve been a little frustrated by how many repeat answers there are & really very few of the answers I was hoping to find are non existent. 

1) How many references do they really ask for? Can I just give them my primary work reference or will they demand even short term part-time references?

2) I can obtain a police check in one day. Can’t I just provide them with a copy of my police check at the interview to speed up the process? What is the process for the vulnerable police check letter that people keep referring to?

3) What are they looking for with the medical testing? What if you have a medical issue that you are taking meds for but is completely under control but would like to keep private. Do you have to disclose it & would certain medical conditions deter them from hiring you?

4) Once hired, do divisions have free parking for employees?

5) Once hired, if you need to take a day off for a funeral or brothers wedding for example, is that possible?

6) I’ve had many jobs in my life & there’s no way that I can remember them all let alone the months that I started & ended each one. How would/did you handle this issue?

I don’t expect anyone one person to answer all these questions but if you have info that may help answer any of the above questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey R2,

Just use your top 3 references. I would focus on the more recent and most effective ones. We all have issues in our past why have them represent you. Maybe more experienced people can answer the rest of your questions. 

Question for the others,

I got a tentative start date of April 2nd ,2018. They did not mention mode nor division does anyone else have this tentative start date?? Also  I didn’t know they don’t always have this info ahead of time so quite interesting.

Anyone else just recently finish training and can share some best practices? I’m so scared of that damn driving test? 

T77

Let’s start a stream of best practices for anyone that has completed their training and what they did to pass and succeed. I would love to hear study habits, best practices while in your mode and what you can do to best succeed......please share thanks guys : )

• Like 1

I'd love to get a heads up on what to expect from the interview.  I heard it's mostly customer service questions.  To answer a question above I applied in may 2017 but did not get the Info Session invite until December. Watch your emails, I almost missed it!

• Thanks 1