TTC Application Process

ericgu22

I have a few more questions re: Daily Inspection test of the bus:

1.) should I assume that the guidelines in the Official MTO Bus Handbook are pretty much the same ones we follow during the training such as Exterior inspection which includes Airbrake tests, In-Cab check and Interior Inspection? 

2.) is offset backing - left or right and Alley Dock (90 - degree backing) part of the road test?

pls confirm. thank you so much for helping me with my journey towards training preparation. 

1 hour ago, Libra said:

I have a few more questions re: Daily Inspection test of the bus:

1.) should I assume that the guidelines in the Official MTO Bus Handbook are pretty much the same ones we follow during the training such as Exterior inspection which includes Airbrake tests, In-Cab check and Interior Inspection? 

2.) is offset backing - left or right and Alley Dock (90 - degree backing) part of the road test?

pls confirm. thank you so much for helping me with my journey towards training preparation. 

1) yes

2) no but you need to know how to reverse when you do downhill parking

• Like 1

Hi all :)

Has anyone received a "rejection" email after an interview?  or received a conditional offer past the 6 weeks after an interview?  I've reached 7 weeks now and haven't heard anything ... has anyone followed up with HR?

Hello All,

Finished documentation on September 27 at 1 pm. I may be getting a call for training as early as November but if not, January or February will be my training date. As far as I remember, the ttc rep who was on my info session  (May 24) said that my group will be bus drivers. If this is somewhat true, any pointers on what I can read in advance before training starts? I heard the MTO Air Break handbook is a MUST but which parts should I focus on and which part is irrelevant for me? Another book I heard that is worth reading is the MTO Bus Handbook. Is there any parts on that book or either books I mentioned worth focusing on or is everything on that book worth learning?

Note: both MTO books were found on the Ontario.ca website

Aside from those books, does anyone else here recommend me to do in better preparing myself when I get a call? Some individuals in my documentation were thinking of getting or attempting to take their cz licence (passed or not) just so they can familiarize themselves driving a big vehicle. Is this necessary?

Also, for those who successfully passed their bus training. What and how do they test you? For the written part, I assume its a normal test atmosphere (pen and paper ready and fill in the blanks). As for the driving test, is it a similar method of when someone gets their G licence? Examiner tells you to turn right, you turn right...

Last, the documentation lady mentioned that candidates can wait 1 week or so once they get a call if they can possibly get another mode when it is available. For example, I get a call for my training date and mode, I refuse nicely and ask for another mode when it is available. Does anyone here recommend me doing that or should I just take whatever I get whenever they call me?

Thanks for everyone's help and goodluck to us all!

• Like 1

Hey folks, I’m currently on Day 13 of 27 for subway training and just wanted to share that we’ve been told another class will be starting October 23rd! So those of you who have recently had your documentation sessions and who scored well on your aptitude tests at the info session may be getting calls very soon if not already. Usually they call 2 weeks in advance of your start date.

good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, I AM BUS said:

Hello All,

Finished documentation on September 27 at 1 pm. I may be getting a call for training as early as November but if not, January or February will be my training date. As far as I remember, the ttc rep who was on my info session  (May 24) said that my group will be bus drivers. If this is somewhat true, any pointers on what I can read in advance before training starts? I heard the MTO Air Break handbook is a MUST but which parts should I focus on and which part is irrelevant for me? Another book I heard that is worth reading is the MTO Bus Handbook. Is there any parts on that book or either books I mentioned worth focusing on or is everything on that book worth learning?

Note: both MTO books were found on the Ontario.ca website

Aside from those books, does anyone else here recommend me to do in better preparing myself when I get a call? Some individuals in my documentation were thinking of getting or attempting to take their cz licence (passed or not) just so they can familiarize themselves driving a big vehicle. Is this necessary?

Also, for those who successfully passed their bus training. What and how do they test you? For the written part, I assume its a normal test atmosphere (pen and paper ready and fill in the blanks). As for the driving test, is it a similar method of when someone gets their G licence? Examiner tells you to turn right, you turn right...

Last, the documentation lady mentioned that candidates can wait 1 week or so once they get a call if they can possibly get another mode when it is available. For example, I get a call for my training date and mode, I refuse nicely and ask for another mode when it is available. Does anyone here recommend me doing that or should I just take whatever I get whenever they call me?

Thanks for everyone's help and goodluck to us all!

@I AM BUS. Hi, I was in that group as well.

I've been doing some reading on the MTO Bus and Airbrakes Handbooks. And they're very informative.

As for the MTO Bus Handbook, it provides a list of what to do during daily pre-trip inspection of the exterior, in-cab and interior of the bus. It gives a refresher of road signs and traffic rules which I would assume will come out also in the written test. Then the last chapter of the handbook details the road test preparation which even includes airbrakes procedure. 

As for the airbrakes, it's mixed with the procedure for truck and bus. But I was advised to just focus on the bus part. 

There are maybe some additional steps that we will have to do in the training. 

Suggestion: I hope we can get together for group (Sept 27 group) huddles to share our knowledge in preparation for the training. I'm definitely opt for it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Libra said:

I've been doing some reading on the MTO Bus and Airbrakes Handbooks. And they're very informative.

As for the MTO Bus Handbook, it provides a list of what to do during daily pre-trip inspection of the exterior, in-cab and interior of the bus. It gives a refresher of road signs and traffic rules which I would assume will come out also in the written test. Then the last chapter of the handbook details the road test preparation which even includes airbrakes procedure. 

As for the airbrakes, it's mixed with the procedure for truck and bus. But I was advised to just focus on the bus part. 

Suggestion: I hope we can get together for group (Sept 27 group) huddles to share our knowledge in preparation for the training. I'm definitely opt for it. 

@Libra

Amazing! Thank you very much!  I will definitly look into this. And yes, I'll message you if anything pops up from here on out. We can help each other out! : ) 

19 hours ago, Libra said:

there is one more step the door inter lock test

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2017 at 4:44 PM, ilxfan said:

Does anyone which month the benefits start for new operators?

After completing 6 months.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:37 AM, WestEnder said:

So happy...Had my documentation meeting on October 4th and was called the next day (Oct 5) for my training date which starts on Oct 25th!!! 

Congratulations WestEnder!!!

Mode? Division?

Hello All!

Finally got the training call!

Mode:Bus

Area:Eglinton

Applied March 12

Aptitude test on May 24

Interview July 13

Conditinal offer July 21

Medical July 26

Police check August 2

Documention September 27

Any info on the Eglinton area would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks everyone for all your help and info I got from all of you.

11 hours ago, I AM BUS said:

Hello All!

Finally got the training call!

Mode:Bus

Area:Eglinton

Applied March 12

Aptitude test on May 24

Interview July 13

Conditinal offer July 21

Medical July 26

Police check August 2

Documention September 27

Any info on the Eglinton area would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks everyone for all your help and info I got from all of you.

Eglinton has a lot of crappy routes.  Somewhat a junior division.