TTC Application Process

ericgu22

15 hours ago, SoulOnIce said:

Hello, All. I'm going through the TTC recruitment process.

Can someone explain to me in detail the medical test part of the process?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've just had my medical last July 26 actually. So basically, you will undergo a series of tests such as your vision (if you wear glasses pls. bring it with you) hearing, physical tests (you will be lifting objects), your heart rate, urine and lastly your blood pressure. Pls do not drink a lot of fluid prior to the test and don't fast as well (coz there's no blood test). 

When you arrive at the medical office you will be asked to fill up forms first. And you need to bring along with you the medical forms  which TTC sent you upon conditional offer and show a photo ID such as your driver's license or passport. 

The medical office will then forward the results to MTO and I believe to TTC as well. 

Hope this info helps and Goodluck?

1 hour ago, Whitbygirl said:

RocketmanCC, not necessarily , I had some issues at documentation that stalled    the process. 

Medical date is the most important once you are moved into Pool A. If your documentation is delayed by a few weeks, but, the people in Pool A with similar medical dates to you are still there you will be slotted right in that group once you are moved in.

I had documentation last week with most of the people having May Medical dates. One person had a delay in the TTC receiving some required info so he had a February Medical date. He was told that he would get moved to the top of Pool A and to expect the call for training that Friday of the same week.

8 hours ago, RocketmanCC said:

Medical date is the most important once you are moved into Pool A. If your documentation is delayed by a few weeks, but, the people in Pool A with similar medical dates to you are still there you will be slotted right in that group once you are moved in.

I had documentation last week with most of the people having May Medical dates. One person had a delay in the TTC receiving some required info so he had a February Medical date. He was told that he would get moved to the top of Pool A and to expect the call for training that Friday of the same week.

Even going by medical date isn't that accurate.  I've seen a lot of people start recently with very different medical dates in the same classes, seems all mixed up. 

2 hours ago, slowtyper said:

Even going by medical date isn't that accurate.  I've seen a lot of people start recently with very different medical dates in the same classes, seems all mixed up. 

We were told that Pool A is sorted by Medical Date, but, there are still variations. Like the division or mode you have been flagged for might get you called earlier than someone with an earlier Medical date.

26 minutes ago, Mar10 said:

You'll be fine, just be confident. And make sure you have real good examples for each question. 

Thanks :) I have been digging in the archives of my brain for them :) It's funny how many things in a work day you forget about!

6 minutes ago, ttcscarb said:

great to see so many people getting on. 

im 6 months into my job. best thing to happen to my life!!

its well worth the journey and effort you guys are making. 

Congrats! I look forward to what's next and the great opportunities ahead. 

Hello.

I am having a small meltdown. I am supposed to have my interview for the TTC on Monday, but my emails were compromised and now gmail is showing that no information is available for the email for the interview. Its Saturday, and i can't reach anyone at the office. 

Would anyone be able to provide me with the necessary documents to bring? 

1. Resume

2 References

3. Education

Also building location....250 Bay? Floor 11? 

Anything would be a life saver right now....

45 minutes ago, Gohmer said:

Hello.

I am having a small meltdown. I am supposed to have my interview for the TTC on Monday, but my emails were compromised and now gmail is showing that no information is available for the email for the interview. Its Saturday, and i can't reach anyone at the office. 

Would anyone be able to provide me with the necessary documents to bring? 

1. Resume

2 References

3. Education

Also building location....250 Bay? Floor 11? 

Anything would be a life saver right now....

Pleased bring the following items with you to the interview. If you fail to bring all of the items as stated below, this may result in you not being interviewed.

• Your job shadowing assignment completed according to the instructions.
  • 2 copies of your updated résumé (including start and end months for employment; please account for your entire employment history)
  • Driver’s Licence
  • Driver’s Abstract (the same one you provided at the Information Session; provided there have been no changes)
  • High School Diploma or Ontario Equivalent (original and copy)
  • A list of names and telephone numbers of current and previous supervisors over the last 5 years who we can contact for reference purposes
  • Original and copy of reference letters from current or previous employers (if possible)

In person interviews will take place at 250 Bloor Street East - 11th Floor in the Human Resources Department. Please take the elevators to the 11th Floor and sign in at reception upon arrival.

Please print this email and bring it with you to your interview.

If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the recruitment process, then you must wait a minimum of 1 year before re-applying for this position.