TTC Application Process

ericgu22

4 hours ago, Newbie22 said:

Has anyone started training earlier than the estimated time frame ? In the info session we were told that we would start before November but after the interview I was told January-February. 

Hi @Newbie22 from what I remember at my info session (late Feb)  they told us about 6 months to a start date.   Keep in mind that timeframe can change in either direction.   I will be going for documentation this week which is the final step before a start date. When was your interview? 

11 hours ago, 905r said:

Hi @Newbie22 from what I remember at my info session (late Feb)  they told us about 6 months to a start date.   Keep in mind that timeframe can change in either direction.   I will be going for documentation this week which is the final step before a start date. When was your interview? 

Hi, my interview was last month.

Hello everyone, been a while since I posted. Just wanted to say thank you to all  and this board for helping me get through tough times.

I've successfully passed my 25th day final driving test and got my badge. I will be on my 3rd day of route familiarization and will be on my own on Tuesday. 

A few things I wanted to share to everyone who's waiting for their call for training...

The toughest part for me was the wait for "the call". I was very anxious, stressful as the uncertainty factor sets in. Also the first 15 days of training are very intense. Everyday will be a different challenge, they will try to shovel feed you with info and you can only handle so much. Even if you have driven large vehicles before, approach the training with an open mind and a humble attitude. The instructors really do want you to pass. To overcome anxiety and self-doubt, remember why you had applied for the job in the first place. Keep pushing and strive to secure a career.

If you guys have any questions about training just holler. Good luck moving forward everyone! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NuggetRocket said:

Hello everyone, been a while since I posted. Just wanted to say thank you to all  and this board for helping me get through tough times.

I've successfully passed my 25th day final driving test and got my badge. I will be on my 3rd day of route familiarization and will be on my own on Tuesday. 

A few things I wanted to share to everyone who's waiting for their call for training...

The toughest part for me was the wait for "the call". I was very anxious, stressful as the uncertainty factor sets in. Also the first 15 days of training are very intense. Everyday will be a different challenge, they will try to shovel feed you with info and you can only handle so much. Even if you have driven large vehicles before, approach the training with an open mind and a humble attitude. The instructors really do want you to pass. To overcome anxiety and self-doubt, remember why you had applied for the job in the first place. Keep pushing and strive to secure a career.

If you guys have any questions about training just holler. Good luck moving forward everyone! 

I cleared my day 13 exam and looking forward to day 16.Congrates for your achievement. 

Congratulations! I have my day 16 tomorrow, I am so nervous. I am confident in my driving but I'm still so worried. I'm going in with a positive attitude. And congrats once again to you. ?

• Like 1

Congrats, @NuggetRocket. I just had my Documentation this past Wednesday. The same day my current employer filed for bankruptcy. So am hoping the call for training comes sooner rather than later.

44 minutes ago, Mar10 said:

Congratulations! I have my day 16 tomorrow, I am so nervous. I am confident in my driving but I'm still so worried. I'm going in with a positive attitude. And congrats once again to you. ?

Good luck bro, be confident in what you learned. The instructors do "over-prepare" you for every test. So as long as you absorbed it, you'll pass! Turn wider but not too wide, avoid running into ambers.

40 minutes ago, NuggetRocket said:

Good luck bro, be confident in what you learned. The instructors do "over-prepare" you for every test. So as long as you absorbed it, you'll pass! Turn wider but not too wide, avoid running into ambers.

Yeah that's what I was told, just be extra careful and go at a steady safe speed. 

Hello All,

May 24, 2017 info session applicant checking in! Just did my physical last Wed July 26. 

Still waiting on my police letter but should not take too long?

Anyway, I've been snooping around the comments here and I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. All the info I found here helped me a lot in the recruitment process.

Just a small question though regarding documentation. Will they provide any info that I can use to study for the upcoming training I will be doing whenever i get the call? For example, will they provide booklets of ttc procedures that I can read beforehand so that when training day comes, I just focus on training and not the rules (ttc etiquettes) that i will follow? As for training, has anyone been successfull in requesting extra training (after hours training-without pay) just so you can get a better chance in passing? And for those who got the call for training, did most of you if not all took a risk and decided to give your two weeks notice from your current job.

Thanks all

33 minutes ago, Controller said:

Hello All,

May 24, 2017 info session applicant checking in! Just did my physical last Wed July 26. 

Anyway, I've been snooping around the comments here and I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. All the info I found here helped me a lot in the recruitment process.

Just a small question though regarding documentation. Will they provide any info that I can use to study for the upcoming training I will be doing whenever i get the call? For example, will they provide booklets of ttc procedures that I can read beforehand so that when training day comes, I just focus on training and not the rules (ttc etiquettes) that i will follow? As for training, has anyone been successfull in requesting extra training (after hours training-without pay) just so you can get a better chance in passing? And for those who got the call for training, did most of you if not all took a risk and decided to give your two weeks notice from your current job.

Thanks all

Hi @Controller you do not receive any pre-training material at documentation.   

You seem to be moving fast through the process (compared to me anyway).  Good luck.   Any questions feel free to reach out.

Hello Everyone,

I've read some info in the forum in regards to airbrakes, went to MTO a few weeks ago asking for the booklet and they said that is for big wheeler trucks only and got raised brows reaction when I asked for it, lol! Instead they suggested I would get the bus booklet which what I ended up buying. Is that the same one I can use for study reference? (Just trying to get familiarized ahead a bit with the topics that will be covered in the training. Im one of those girl  scouts as you may know?I have some spare time I might as well use it to something worth? and while I'm waiting for the actual training schedule.

Another many great thanks for your tips and help. 

@Controller hey controller I was on that same date as well! What time did you go? I was at 8:30a.m. Good luck to both of us and to all? 

9 minutes ago, Libra said:

Hello Everyone,

I've read some info in the forum in regards to airbrakes, went to MTO a few weeks ago asking for the booklet and they said that is for big wheeler trucks only and got raised brows reaction when I asked for it, lol! Instead they suggested I would get the bus booklet which what I ended up buying. Is that the same one I can use for study reference? (Just trying to get familiarized ahead a bit with the topics that will be covered in the training. Im one of those girl  scouts as you may know?I have some spare time I might as well use it to something worth? and while I'm waiting for the actual training schedule.

@Controller hey controller I was on that same date as well! What time did you go? I was at 8:30a.m. Good luck to both of us and to all? 

Hi @Libra

I was looking through the bus handbook.   Some of it is only for school buses but most of it is for any bus.   Not sure if it touches on air brakes or not...  It is available online for free as well. 

27 minutes ago, 905r said:

Hi @Libra

I was looking through the bus handbook.   Some of it is only for school buses but most of it is for any bus.   Not sure if it touches on air brakes or not...  It is available online for free as well. 

@905r Thank you very much for your reply and information. That's what I noticed, too. The booklet covered more on the  school bus though there's great information of the traffic and road signs for refresher. 

27 minutes ago, 905r said:

Hi @Libra

12 minutes ago, Libra said:

@905r Thank you very much for your reply and information. That's what I noticed, too. The booklet covered more on the  school bus though there's great information of the traffic and road signs for refresher. 

@leylandvictory2 Thank you so much also for always being helpful here at the forum. 

I will go back then to MTO and this time I will insist on getting it , lol! 

6 hours ago, Controller said:

Hello All,

Thanks all

Unfortunately you don't get any pre training material as you don't know your mode until you get the call, and no extra training, after hours. I quit my job when I started so I took the biggest risk someone can lol 

20 hours ago, 905r said:

Hi @Controller you do not receive any pre-training material at documentation.   

You seem to be moving fast through the process (compared to me anyway).  Good luck.   Any questions feel free to reach out.

oh ok thanks for the info. umm, this is actually my 2nd time applying lol. But if you just count this year, yes, this process is coming at a faster pace 

20 hours ago, Libra said:

Hello Everyone,

interesting. Yes, any info would definitely help us in training. I'll check out the books this week. ohh nice!!! Same day but mines was at 11:30 pm. yes, goodluck to both of us and to all who are in the process : )

14 hours ago, Mrsb2you said:

Unfortunately you don't get any pre training material as you don't know your mode until you get the call, and no extra training, after hours. I quit my job when I started so I took the biggest risk someone can lol 

thanks for the info : )

19 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I got mine at Canadian Tire if it is more convenient.  

On 30/07/2017 at 8:56 AM, Mar10 said:

Hi Mar10,if you dont mind how was your test?

On 30/07/2017 at 8:56 AM, Mar10 said: