TTC Application Process

ericgu22

8 hours ago, RocketmanCC said:

Is there a lot of homework? Just asking because I have a part-time job which is on an as needed basis. Just want to know if I should plan on turning down any of those evening shifts due to homework if they call me to work.

Thanks

Keep that quiet as I believe TTC says you should not be working anywhere while training.

• Like 1

Finally completed my Bus training successfully. 25 days have passed so quickly with lots of studies, tests and fun. Our trainer was excellent and he ensured that we carried out all safe practices to pass days 16 and 25 successfully. I had added experience in the 3 divisional training days, during which I drove with 3 awesome trainers from the division on various routes. Customer experience, together with driving the bus, were awesome. 

My training partner was awesome all the way through and we made a great team and shared a lot of information with each others. 

My 2 cents:

• Homework may consume a bit of time. Try to read ahead and do 2-3 day homeworks at a time. You'll appreciate that later on during the final week and you'll have more questions to ask the following day in class.
  • Written tests are easy. Your trainer will help you with the studies.
  • Driving tests (days 16 & 25) are a cultivation of what you learned from your instructor. Meet them half way and Pass. Have confidence in your skills and what you learned. You owe them this and to yourself! 
  • Your Instructors and Examiners WANT you to pass. They do. Trust and believe in that. Again, you've got to meet them half way. You are bound together forever whether your succeed or you do not. 
  • Drive safe, safe, safe. This is the key to succeed and continue working for years and years with the TTC.
  • Staff and Operators at the division are super nice and helpful. It's a great environment to be in. Appreciate that and maintain a presentable and professional attitude. This never fails.

Thank you all for your contributions in this board. I learned a lot here. 

Wish you all the success and happiness.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, johndoe said:

Finally completed my Bus training successfully. 25 days have passed so quickly with lots of studies, tests and fun. Our trainer was excellent and he ensured that we carried out all safe practices to pass days 16 and 25 successfully. I had added experience in the 3 divisional training days, during which I drove with 3 awesome trainers from the division on various routes. Customer experience, together with driving the bus, were awesome. 

My training partner was awesome all the way through and we made a great team and shared a lot of information with each others. 

My 2 cents:

• Homework may consume a bit of time. Try to read ahead and do 2-3 day homeworks at a time. You'll appreciate that later on during the final week and you'll have more questions to ask the following day in class.
  • Written tests are easy. Your trainer will help you with the studies.
  • Driving tests (days 16 & 25) are a cultivation of what you learned from your instructor. Meet them half way and Pass. Have confidence in your skills and what you learned. You owe them this and to yourself! 
  • Your Instructors and Examiners WANT you to pass. They do. Trust and believe in that. Again, you've got to meet them half way. You are bound together forever with your success or not. 
  • Drive safe, safe, safe. This is the key to succeed and continue working for years and years with the TTC.
  • Staff and Operators at the division are super nice and helpful. It's a great environment to be in. Appreciate that and maintain a presentable and professional attitude. This never fails.

Thank you all for your contributions in this board. I learned a lot here. 

Wish you all the success and happiness.

Congratulations! This was awesome to read, I start my training Monday and I am so nervous but excited too. I hope to be make it thru too, thanks for the tips.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andyman said:

Not to scare anyone but an instructor told me today 7 out of 8 students failed in a recent bus class. Although super rare, if possible try and take a leave of absence or vacation from your current job while training.

Thanks for the update @andyman.I start  training on wednesday.

1 hour ago, andyman said:

Not to scare anyone but an instructor told me today 7 out of 8 students failed in a recent bus class. Although super rare, if possible try and take a leave of absence or vacation from your current job while training.

Today was my first day of training, yikes! Not good to hear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mar10 said:

Today was my first day of training, yikes! Not good to hear.

The instructor was a shocked as anybody.....he couldn't even remember if this has happened before. But he did note a couple failed for failing to listen to simple instructions. 

6 hours ago, andyman said:

The instructor was a shocked as anybody.....he couldn't even remember if this has happened before. But he did note a couple failed for failing to listen to simple instructions. 

Yeah following instructions is key. I don't want to be in the same boat as them.

5 hours ago, kp84 said:

I start tomorrow.How was your first day?Ne idea about nearest parking other than the employee parking?

First day there's a lot to take in. As for parking when you come in there's visitor parking for the TTC and further back is for employees. And across the street is George Brown parking. TTC parking is cheaper. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morgan20 said:

@mar10 the first 12 days are the hardest in training. It gets much easier after day 13 ( in my opinion) ! Enjoy the training 

Thanks for the advice, I hope you're right. I'm nervous for day 5 and driving the bus for the first time. How long have you been driving?

27 days of training later and I can officially say that I am Subway certified! It was an intense month of training but the instructors made it enjoyable and were very helpful throughout the entire process! To all those who helped with their advice along the way thank you so much and to those currently going through the process best of luck! Best advice I can give is always stay humble, work hard and be patient, Cheers! :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pirlo said:

27 days of training later and I can officially say that I am Subway certified! It was an intense month of training but the instructors made it enjoyable and were very helpful throughout the entire process! To all those who helped with their advice along the way thank you so much and to those currently going through the process best of luck! Best advice I can give is always stay humble, work hard and be patient, Cheers! :)

Congrats!..and how many people were in your training group and did everyone pass as well?..

i have training starting Monday so I'm excited and happy to start on streetcar...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pirlo said:

Congrats!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morgan20 said:

@Mar10 started training May 1st. So not too long, I felt exactly as you do. I was nervous. You've got this

Thank you, appreciate that! Just drove the bus today for the first time and I actually loved it. Takes getting used to the steering wheel but it was a good experience. How are you finding it now, do you feel more relaxed?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JCA043090 said:

Congrats!..and how many people were in your training group and did everyone pass as well?..

i have training starting Monday so I'm excited and happy to start on streetcar...

Thank you! There was 6 on Bloor Danforth and we all passed! That's good best of luck to you!

• Like 3

Hey guys, this forum has helped me so much along the way. I just had my interview last week, and wonder did anyone not able to answer well or skip some of the interview questions but able to manage to pass the interview? If they didn't contact your reference right between the first 2-10 business days after the interview, does it mean you will most likely receive rejection letter on the 4th week?  Thanks for the responses!

2 minutes ago, no9use said:

Hey guys,  just had my interview last week, and wonder did anyone not able to answer well or skip some of the interview questions and able to manage to pass the interview? If they didn't contact your reference right between 2-10 business days, does it mean you will receive rejection letter on the 4th week?  Thanks for the responses!

Skip some of the interview questions? Did you tell them to skip the question?

3 minutes ago, Mrsb2you said:

Skip some of the interview questions? Did you tell them to skip the question?

Hi Mrsb2you, I couldn't answer one or two questions and can't provide a good example just in that moment , and they said they will go to the next questions, and will get back to those question later on and I was able to provide the answer to them at the end.

On 13/07/2017 at 8:25 PM, Pirlo said:

Congrates @Pirlo,i  finished day 3 test.Good luck for future ventures.

• Like 1