TTC Application Process

ericgu22

41 minutes ago, Anik85 said:

Hello everyone, I am a new member here. I am a mail man in Canada Post. I am interested about ttc driver job. I appliedon mid of August last year. I haven't heard anything yet. What could be the reasons. Should I apply again? They say that we don't need to apply twice in one year. Any suggestion appreciated.

Nope don't apply again! I know a few people that were disqualified as candidates because of multiple applications. The posting is still up, apply the day after your current one expires :) 

47 minutes ago, Mrsb2you said:

Nope don't apply again! I know a few people that were disqualified as candidates because of multiple applications. The posting is still up, apply the day after your current one expires :) 

Thank you for your suggestion.

2 hours ago, Anik85 said:

Hello everyone, I am a new member here. I am a mail man in Canada Post. I am interested about ttc driver job. I appliedon mid of August last year. I haven't heard anything yet. What could be the reasons. Should I apply again? They say that we don't need to apply twice in one year. Any suggestion appreciated.

The biggest thing they look for is customer service experience. If your resume contains a lot of that then you are on the right track. 

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yes and no.  It depends on which month you started.  A colleague of mine started in first week of January.  He only got 2 weeks after completing the first year. 

But the year after it go up to 3 weeks ?

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yes and no.  It depends on which month you started.  A colleague of mine started in first week of January.  He only got 2 weeks after completing the first year. 

Vacation selection takes place every October. The first year you get to select you only get two weeks. The second year of selection, you get three. 

On 2017-7-6 at 3:54 PM, kotraders said:

You mean after first year....

You have 2 weeks vacation after first year ahhahah

Operator start off is 26 nowadays?

Cuz collector is 24 for start up 

Yes starts at $26.10

On 2017-7-5 at 9:59 PM, BBDRIVER said:

How many paid hours usually in a week on average? 

As others have said it depends on many things but for me so far over the first few months it's usually $840 +/-$30 after deductions per week.  

10 minutes ago, slowtyper said:

Yes starts at $26.10

As others have said it depends on many things but for me so far over the first few months it's usually $840 +/-$30 after deductions per week.  

Are they start to deduct union fees right away or after probation? 

4 minutes ago, BBDRIVER said:

Are they start to deduct union fees right away or after probation? 

They took $300 right away as union initiation fees ($50 per week).  And $20 something each week ongoing.  Not sure if that amount changes after probation.

I heard the initiation union fee will go up though.  

16 minutes ago, slowtyper said:

They took $300 right away as union initiation fees ($50 per week).  And $20 something each week ongoing.  Not sure if that amount changes after probation.

I heard the initiation union fee will go up though.  

I just wondering at what stage they ask your high school or GED diploma? 

31 minutes ago, BBDRIVER said:

I just wondering at what stage they ask your high school or GED diploma? 

Interview ... but everything is covered at the info session so it's best to wait and go based on the info then as it will be current 

2 hours ago, BBDRIVER said:

Do they take it for verification with ministry or you just show them ?

Cuz I need it for something else 

Wait till your info session and ask to make sure. They will answer any questions you have, and if you don't get to that stage it doesn't matter anyways

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBDRIVER said:

Do they take it for verification with ministry or you just show them ?

Cuz I need it for something else 

You have to provide photocopies at the interview for them to keep and they want to see the original to verify that it is authentic with an embossed stamp which you keep after they confirm it is real.

23 out of 27 training days for Subway Initial completed! Passed all of the written and practical tests and now just the final operating test remains next week! It has been one hell of a ride but I have enjoyed it every step of the way! The instructors are great and do everything they can to help you succeed as long as you put in 110%! Best of luck to all of those still in the hiring process and always remember that one of the most important things is to follow procedures accordingly ?

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Pirlo said:

23 out of 27 training days for Subway Initial completed! Passed all of the written and practical tests and now just the final operating test remains next week! It has been one hell of a ride but I have enjoyed it every step of the way! The instructors are great and do everything they can to help you succeed as long as you put in 110%! Best of luck to all of those still in the hiring process and always remember that one of the most important things is to follow procedures accordingly ?

congrates @Pirlo

I am starting training on wednesday in bus.Hell lot of nervous

1 hour ago, kp84 said:

congrates @Pirlo

I am starting training on wednesday in bus.Hell lot of nervous

Thank you @kp84 Don't sweat it, honestly as long as you practice and do your homework you shouldn't have any issues! plus whenever you have any questions never be afraid to ask your instructors or even your peers as you can all help each other out throughout the process! Best of luck  and enjoy ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirlo said:

Thank you @kp84 Don't sweat it, honestly as long as you practice and do your homework you shouldn't have any issues! plus whenever you have any questions never be afraid to ask your instructors or even your peers as you can all help each other out throughout the process! Best of luck  and enjoy ?

Is there a lot of homework? Just asking because I have a part-time job which is on an as needed basis. Just want to know if I should plan on turning down any of those evening shifts due to homework if they call me to work.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, RocketmanCC said:

Is there a lot of homework? Just asking because I have a part-time job which is on an as needed basis. Just want to know if I should plan on turning down any of those evening shifts due to homework if they call me to work.

Thanks

Yes there is a decent amount of homework moreso in the beginning weeks, but as long as you manage your time properly there shouldn't be any issues working a few hours here and there.