TTC Application Process

ericgu22

10 hours ago, VIB121 said:

Hello All!  Thought that I would just say hi!  

I just started this process and participated in the Info Session & test yesterday and now begin the waiting process (fingers crossed)!

How was ur info session VIB121? Did u finish the test?

1 hour ago, gummybear said:

Hi all, i just started and just got paid but it doesnt seem right. Do I get paid the 2 weeks on my first paycheck or just the 1st week? Just very confused.

You get paid for the first week only. Your paystub will show the week in which you were paid for. There is a delay of two weeks for payout. 

Hope that helps. 

Hey guys applied for operators position, consecutively 5 years, got through this year. went for an info session on May 24, passed the test, interview on July 5th, job shadow still to do 5 routes.  any suggestions on interview any recommendations for an interview. So Excited!!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Boost said:

How was ur info session VIB121? Did u finish the test?

The info session was good!  It just made me want to do this more now!  The test I almost finished (just a few math questions that got the better of me! Knew I should have paid more attention in algebra LOL!)  Where are you in this process?

7 hours ago, jayjay said:

Hey guys applied for operators position, consecutively 5 years, got through this year. went for an info session on May 24, passed the test, interview on July 5th, job shadow still to do 5 routes.  any suggestions on interview any recommendations for an interview. So Excited!!!!

Congrats JayJay! 

8 hours ago, ttcgirl said:

You get paid for the first week only. Your paystub will show the week in which you were paid for. There is a delay of two weeks for payout. 

Hope that helps. 

Hi, thanks for that! I don't have my paystub yet so I wasn't sure if I got paid correctly. 

2 hours ago, VIB121 said:

The info session was good!  It just made me want to do this more now!  The test I almost finished (just a few math questions that got the better of me! Knew I should have paid more attention in algebra LOL!)  Where are you in this process?

Congrats JayJay! 

Info session was on June 20 :)

13 minutes ago, Boost said:

I was in the AM seasion :)

gud luck to us!

Ok :) Fingers crossed for sure!  Well you will have to keep me posted if you hear anything!  How do you think you did on the test? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VIB121 said:

Ok :) Fingers crossed for sure!  Well you will have to keep me posted if you hear anything!  How do you think you did on the test? 

I will. U too hehehe!

not bad. I didnt finish the exam, about 40 items I answered. I comfortable with the essay though. :)

Just now, Boost said:

I will. U too hehehe!

not bad. I didnt finish the exam, about 40 items I answered. I comfortable with the essay though. :)

Ok so about the same as me.  The essay I needed a few more mins on but I got my key thoughts in :) 

Just got the training call this afternoon! Starting July 10th for subway (Yonge/ University/ Spadina line) 

Anything I should read up on before I start training? Any tips would be appreciated! :)

I was hoping for bus at first but I think I will get to like subway lol. 

Good luck to everyone waiting for their calls! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jayjay said:

Thanks VIB121, good luck!

8 hours ago, jayjay said:

@jayjay. Congratulations! Were you in the AM or PM info session on May 24? So far I've done the street car downtown shadow and east n west of Yonge buses. I was very thankful that the operators were very approachable and informative. They understood what I'm going through. They also gave me some tips for the interview. For the interview prep, I was watching a few star interview on utube and I read a book. Hopefully il sound confident and at ease at the interview. Mine by the way is on Jul 4, just the day before yours. Goodluck to both of us??

9 hours ago, jayjay said:

Thanks JayJay!  Guess you will be doing your Job shadowing in the next week or so!  How long after the info session did you get the email?

1 hour ago, Libra said:

@jayjay. Congratulations! Were you in the AM or PM info session on May 24? So far I've done the street car downtown shadow and east n west of Yonge buses. I was very thankful that the operators were very approachable and informative. They understood what I'm going through. They also gave me some tips for the interview. For the interview prep, I was watching a few star interview on utube and I read a book. Hopefully il sound confident and at ease at the interview. Mine by the way is on Jul 4, just the day before yours. Goodluck to both of us??

Libra, What book did you read?

1 hour ago, Libra said:

I was reading Boost your interview IQ by Carole Martin. I got it from Indigo. 

Thanks so much Libra, I just checked it out - looks like a decent read, will have to add to my summer reading list!  Maybe if I'm lucky it will be a good luck charm!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wallace89 said:

Just got the training call this afternoon! Starting July 10th for subway (Yonge/ University/ Spadina line) 

Anything I should read up on before I start training? Any tips would be appreciated! :)

Congrats, but you got my job assignment and I got yours! 

21 hours ago, jayjay said:

Hi @jayjay, congrats! It sure feels good to get that interview email! My recommendation for your interview is to Google and YouTube "behavioural based interview questions." The STAR interview format. Bring a bottle of water and arrive early to your interview (super important!). None of us on here really had much help other than the Google and YouTube suggestions; we all worked hard to get where we are, yourself included. Clearly, they think you're a good-calibre candidate to interview; the interview is your chance to prove it to them.

3 hours ago, Peregrine154 said:

Congrats, but you got my job assignment and I got yours! 

Hi @jayjay, congrats! It sure feels good to get that interview email! My recommendation for your interview is to Google and YouTube "behavioural based interview questions." The STAR interview format. Bring a bottle of water and arrive early to your interview (super important!). None of us on here really had much help other than the Google and YouTube suggestions; we all worked hard to get where we are, yourself included. Clearly, they think you're a good-calibre candidate to interview; the interview is your chance to prove it to them.

Thanks Peregrine , I will be going through the google and yotube recommendations, I guess hard work is the only way !!! Ypu guys are awesome thanks everyone for supporting each other.

8 hours ago, Libra said:

Thanks Libra , I haven't started my prep and  job shadow yet but from next week i will be doing it. Sure I will let know if I crack any codes but it seems like you are on the right track ;)) and yes Good luck to both of US!! and every one as well . Btw I was in the am for the test.

7 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Thanks Peregrine , I will be going through the google and yotube recommendations, I guess hard work is the only way !!! Ypu guys are awesome thanks everyone for supporting each other.

Thanks Libra , I haven't started my prep and  job shadow yet but from next week i will be doing it. Sure I will let know if I crack any codes but it seems like you are on the right track ;)) and yes Good luck to both of US!! and every one as well . Btw I was in the am for the test.

Making friends with someone from or near your info session is also good ;) Just do your routes for the job shadow, prep for the interview and be yourself. @Libra Don't read too much into it; we're people helping people first. If they wanted computers, we'd all be out of a job. 

14 hours ago, Wallace89 said:

Congratulations, got my call for training yesterday as well. This forum has been awesome. I don't post much but all the advice and tips have helped me thru. You're all really awesome. Hopefully I can pay it forward as well. 

• Like 2

Hi,

I have been following this site from few months now.I would like to thank all of you for the support that  you provided with your inputs.I just got a call for training at queensway starting on july 12.Feeling exited:)

15 minutes ago, kp84 said:

Hi,

I have been following this site from few months now.I would like to thank all of you for the support that  you provided with your inputs.I just got a call for training at queensway starting on july 12.Feeling exited:)

When was your medical?

I've been following this for a couple months as well and noticed people are being called up in order from their medical date?

My medical was on march 8, 2017 so hopefully I ll get the call soon..

and is queensway close to where you live?

I live in markham and I hope I get birchmount/malvern division or even subway is fine with me...