TTC Application Process

ericgu22

34 minutes ago, slowtyper said:

Usually they start contacting references the week after the interview.  How did your interview go?  If you felt it went well don't sweat it yet.  Maybe the guy with your file is behind or went on vacation or something.

It went well actually but my interview time was at 8.30,I exactly on dot reached there by that time and the interviewer were asked about that.Actually due to some personal unexpected situation I was late for the interview.Im bit worried that I gave 4 references none of them have contacted yet.

Thank you very much for your wonderful response slowtyper.

50 minutes ago, Jrh said:

Im bit worried that I gave 4 references none of them have contacted yet.

Thank you very much for your wonderful response slowtyper.

I think you'll hear that every person here who applied and ultimately got hired went through a different experience. Some people have their references called a day or two after the interview. Other people had their references called a week or more after and were eventually hired. You'll find out soon either way so I suggest staying positive and let things play out. Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Betablocker said:

I think you'll hear that every person here who applied and ultimately got hired went through a different experience. Some people have their references called a day or two after the interview. Other people had their references called a week or more after and were eventually hired. You'll find out soon either way so I suggest staying positive and let things play out. Good luck!

S I will,thank you very much Betablocker for your wonderful positive feedback.

Hi Everyone,

This forum has been of great help to me in my journey, as well. 

I thought I'd post my timeline too:

Initial Application: August 27, 2016

Info Session: November 15, 2016

Interview: January 16, 2017

Offer of Employment: February 1, 2017

Medical: February 9, 2017

Receipt of TPS Clearance: Pending

Documentation: Pending

Good luck to everyone in the process! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peregrine154 said:

Hi Everyone,

This forum has been of great help to me in my journey, as well. 

I thought I'd post my timeline too:

Initial Application: August 27, 2016

Info Session: November 15, 2016

Interview: January 16, 2017

Offer of Employment: February 1, 2017

Medical: February 9, 2017

Receipt of TPS Clearance: Pending

Documentation: Pending

Good luck to everyone in the process! 

Congrats! Peregrine154. All the best

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Russel and leslie barn

Leslie Barns isn't officially a division yet. It's used for storing the low floors, maintenance, and the streetcar/light rail training department is based there too. There are no operators based there yet although I can't wait for it to open up. Gorgeous facility for operators. Huge cafeteria, lounge chairs, lots of sunlight.

2 hours ago, ttcscarb said:

i will be at roncy, when im done training. 

I'll be seeing you soon then. Great division!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 6:58 PM, RedRocket2Union said:

Hey, @Abc25 and @kotraders hope you can help me out, please.  I have been reading threads and looking for any info on Station Collectors.  I'm booked to have an interview next week.  Apparently, it's a 1 hour Math Aptitude test and followed by 1 hour interview.  I see from one of the earlier threads Abc25 says: it's 25 questions basic math problems.  However, I'm still concerned about it, maybe it's just nerves.  Were either of you permitted  to use a calculator?  HR said, the testing room is meant to be a simulation of the "real thing" so apparently the room will be busy.  I was told that they do that because the collector booth is a busy place.  I get this, you need to be able to multi-task, but does any of this sound like your experience's?  I can use any info that any of you feel is applicable or can help me with the interview process, please.  Any idea about the interview format? @NewGuyTony I hope you don't mind me dragging you into this thread, but at one point you were going through the process for a Station Collector position.  I can use feedback or guidance if you have a moment to help me, please.  I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this and thanks so much. I'm posting this link and do apologize for it, it's not available today/or probably gone.  http://top-interview-questions.com/TTC+(Toronto+Transit+Commission)

I managed to pull it from a webcache, hopefully it works.  Do any of these type of questions seen familiar?  Here's the link:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QBRF9s8XfQ0J:top-interview-questions.com/TTC%2B(Toronto%2BTransit%2BCommission)/interview%2Bquestions+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Thanks again! Please anyone reading this thread, come on jump in!!

I really can't remember if calculator is allow or not. :D I know it's only few months ago but I started to forget already.

You will be doing the test in the collector division, and the test isn't hard. Just lots of simple math problems that you have to read carefully. Interview isn't hard either. The questions you have there are in the right track and just need to prepare some answer and give some examples from your past experience.

I am not sure if they changed the testing location. If it is the same location of where I did the test, it is not a simulation of the actual booth. It's just busy because other collectors and operators are walking and passing. I think what the HR meant is the training that they will give you is a simulation of the actual customer and booth.

I just have to say subway is your best friend and your new home.

Best of luck with your test, if you have worked with cash in retailer before, you will do fine in the test 

On 2/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, Jrh said:

Hi Pirlo,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some information from you,can u please tell me when did they contacted your references and did they contacted all your references or few?.I understand you're probably busy and I would  really appreciate if you could let me know whenever you find time.

Regards,

Jrh

My references were called in the same week I had my interview and they only called 2 out of 4 so I guess that was all they needed 

congrats! @Sanya

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since Nov 2016. Hopefully my timeline will help those who are currently in the application process. I had my medical last Monday and received my Police Clearance Letter on the same day when I checked my mail that evening. Patiently waiting for the documentation call right now.

Applied Online                                Nov 1, 2016
Info Session Invitation                     Nov 7, 2016
Info Session                                    Nov 16, 2016
Invitation for Interview Email            Dec 9, 2016
Interview Date                                 Jan 23, 2017
All References Contacted               Jan 25, 2017
Conditional Offer                            Jan 30, 2017
Medical                                           Feb 6, 2017
Police Clearance Letter Sent          Feb 7, 2017
Documentation                               Pending
Training                                          Pending

Are we supposed to get confirmation that we passed the Medical or is no news good news?

Good luck to everyone in the application process right now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a1brt said:

There are no confirmations for medical, your next call will be documentation. Considering your process so far has been extremely fast compared to others, you might be waiting quite a bit for documentation and training since there are many people in Pool A and B right now.

Thanks for the info @a1brt

1 hour ago, Wallace89 said:

congrats! @Sanya

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since Nov 2016. Hopefully my timeline will help those who are currently in the application process. I had my medical last Monday and received my Police Clearance Letter on the same day when I checked my mail that evening. Patiently waiting for the documentation call right now.

Are we supposed to get confirmation that we passed the Medical or is no news good news?

Thank you so much...was there something specific you mentioned while doing the 5 routes??  @Wallace89

On 2017-02-10 at 5:00 PM, RedRocket2Union said:

When I received the call from HR, it was a very quick conversation and in fact could sense the person was in a hurry.  However, I heard the same message that we can use a calculator and it's fine to use one from a phone.  I asked about the testing environment and so I suspect HR's response it possibly mostly metaphoric.  My best guess is the room will be bustling and we need to stay focused.  Dunno, but best of luck @ttcedy and please keep me in the loop.  Thanks!

Thanks good luck to you as well!

13 minutes ago, a1brt said:

It is one on two panel, not one on one. It's not bad as long as you focus on the stuff they mentioned during info session and follow STAR format for all 12+ questions, make sure every scenario is different so prepare some so u have them in mind in advance, you cannot reuse the same example twice even if it fits the question perfectly.

Thanks for all the tips very helpful. Fingures crossed

4 hours ago, Wallace89 said:

congrats! @Sanya

3 hours ago, a1brt said:

There are no confirmations for medical, your next call will be documentation. Considering your process so far has been extremely fast compared to others, you might be waiting quite a bit for documentation and training since there are many people in Pool A and B right now.

This definitely seems to be the case. I was going through the process quite quickly myself but now it seems to have slowed down for the exact reason that there are others who are ahead in the process who have been waiting in Pool A and B for documentation and training dates as well.

16 hours ago, kotraders said:

I really can't remember if calculator is allow or not. :D I know it's only few months ago but I started to forget already.

You will be doing the test in the collector division, and the test isn't hard. Just lots of simple math problems that you have to read carefully. Interview isn't hard either. The questions you have there are in the right track and just need to prepare some answer and give some examples from your past experience.

I am not sure if they changed the testing location. If it is the same location of where I did the test, it is not a simulation of the actual booth. It's just busy because other collectors and operators are walking and passing. I think what the HR meant is the training that they will give you is a simulation of the actual customer and booth.

I just have to say subway is your best friend and your new home.

Best of luck with your test, if you have worked with cash in retailer before, you will do fine in the test 

Thanks @kotraders!!!! This is much appreciated!!  Thanks again for your time! @RR300 , this might help you too.:)

On 2017-02-11 at 1:07 PM, RR300 said:

Thank you for sharing the link.  I was called for an interview and test on Tuesday.  When is yours?  The link you shared is very helpful and much appreciated.

You're welcome! Best of luck tomorrow and I'm in the next day.  If there is anything you don't mind sharing after your appointment--lemme know, pls. Thanks!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirlo said:

This definitely seems to be the case. I was going through the process quite quickly myself but now it seems to have slowed down for the exact reason that there are others who are ahead in the process who have been waiting in Pool A and B for documentation and training dates as well.

@Pirlo I see you have been waiting for a bit over a month for the documentation call, I think you should be getting your call soon... good luck!

• Like 1