My Updated Timeline:

Applied Online: September 21, 2016.

Info Session: October 26, 2016.

Interview: December 14, 2016.

Conditional Offer: January 4, 2017.

Medical: January 9, 2017.

TPS Clearance: January 18, 2017.

Patiently awaiting Documentation

ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT ;)

• Like 2

Hey everyone I've been more of a lurker on this board than a poster (p.s. it's been pretty informative), so I decided to post my timeline so far:

Applied Online: June 9, 2016
Information Session Invitation: July 14, 2016
Attended Session: July 27, 2016
Email Invitation For Interview: August 23, 2016
Attended Interview: September 22, 2016
Email Of Conditional Offer: October 18, 2016
Medical Appointment: October 24, 2016
Received Police Clearance: October 31, 2016
Call For Documentation: December 7, 2016
Attended Documentation: December 16, 2016
Call For Training: TBD

Hoping to hear something in February!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Have the questions that test your personality when applying on-line been discussed? I went through the application and haven't heard anything. Okay, I understand that, but it would be nice to know "whoops, you answered the wrong way". Some of the questions seemed odd to me, like "what do your friends think about workers in customer service jobs"? Maybe that makes me a poor psychological choice for TTC operator? :rolleyes:

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any discussion about those questions before.  I also was extremely puzzled by some of those questions.

On 2017-01-22 at 2:37 PM, TTC_Man said:

Congratulations!! and good luck Peregrine154. When was your interview and I would really appreciate if you could share some insight about it. Mine is coming up next week. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Ttoperator!!

Did you hear back from them since your interview. It seems as though you would be selected. Do let us know what came of it. Good Luck!!

I received an email tonight saying I was successful at my interview and my offer is on its way! I'm just looking to get my medical done asap. 

• Like 4

Just had a couple questions regarding the subway/TTC. First What are you tested on is it just air brakes and how to drive the train? Second what are the hours like when you finish your training are you starting at 40 or are you choosing basically the shifts that no one picks up? If that is the case does it take a while for your shifts to increase? 

Thanks in advance !! 

1 minute ago, a1brt said:

I could be wrong but from what i've read whether you get physical 40 hours or not, you will still be paid for a minimum of 40 as per collective agreement. You aren't hired part time. As for getting overtime that could be a bit tricky with the subway vs bus i would assume. Perhaps someone from subway could shine some more light. Good luck in your training, let us know how it goes!

Thank you appreciate the response I never knew that was a possibility you still get paid for 40 hours!! And I will definitely keep you guys posted about training hope your wait is no longer than this week good luck ! 

• Like 1

Hey everyone, question for people in training or that have passed training:
Is training normally Monday to Friday with set hours (i.e. 7am-5pm), or does the schedule change daily/weekly. Information from all three modes would be appreciated! Thanks

2 hours ago, Quan said:

Is training normally Monday to Friday with set hours (i.e. 7am-5pm), or does the schedule change daily/weekly. Information from all three modes would be appreciated! Thanks

Training takes place between 7-3. Not sure they are still doing the one night driving training class anymore. I believe  it's the instructors discretion.

5 hours ago, a1brt said:

I could be wrong but from what i've read whether you get physical 40 hours or not, you will still be paid for a minimum of 40 as per collective agreement. You aren't hired part time. As for getting overtime that could be a bit tricky with the subway vs bus i would assume. Perhaps someone from subway could shine some more light. Good luck in your training, let us know how it goes!

Usually you make more than 40 hrs unless you have a special or get sent home on report everyday. As a new op your hours and pay will fluctuate daily.

• Like 1

Great forum here folks :D

Communicated with HR on Jan 26, 2016 and they informed me that someone from Documentation would be in touch in the "coming few days." Still no calls or emails.

Question: Do you think they consider workplace proximity to my residence or they will randomly assign me a location? I am from Mississauga.

I appreciate your replies and insights.

Thank you.

Here is my Timeline:

Information Session Invitation: August 17, 2016
Attended Session: August 31, 2016
Email Invitation For Interview: September 16, 2016
Attended Interview: October 28, 2016
Email Of Conditional Offer: December 16, 2016
Medical Appointment: December 21, 2016
Received Police Clearance: January 13, 2016
Received MTO medical clearance: January 24, 2016
Attended Documentation: TBD

21 minutes ago, johndoe said:

Great forum here folks :D

Communicated with HR on Jan 26, 2016 and they informed me that someone from Documentation would be in touch in the "coming few days." Still no calls or emails.

Question: Do you think they consider workplace proximity to my residence or they will randomly assign me a location? I am from Mississauga.

I appreciate your replies and insights.

Thank you.

Here is my Timeline:

Information Session Invitation: August 17, 2016
Attended Session: August 31, 2016
Email Invitation For Interview: September 16, 2016
Attended Interview: October 28, 2016
Email Of Conditional Offer: December 16, 2016
Medical Appointment: December 21, 2016
Received Police Clearance: January 13, 2016
Received MTO medical clearance: January 24, 2016
Attended Documentation: TBD

Your placed where needed. Although I can walk to the division closest to me I did not get assigned there while the person one badge senior to me did who also lived on other side of city. Good thing is now you can transfer within modes after a year now instead of 2. In my group 3 from Brampton were placed in the east end also. I would hope for Roncie or Mount Dennis as I'm pretty sure there won't be many classes at Queensway this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyman said:

Your placed where needed. Although I can walk to the division closest to me I did not get assigned there while the person one badge senior to me did who also lived on other side of city. Good thing is now you can transfer within modes after a year now instead of 2. In my group 3 from Brampton were placed in the east end also. I would hope for Roncie or Mount Dennis as I'm pretty sure there won't be many classes at Queensway this year.

Cheers @andyman. I am hopeful I go somewhere near to save travel time. 

Any idea if I can have a choice on the mode?

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

Apparently a bunch of streetcar Ops are getting bus training. Is this happening within the probationary period? Or they wait until after. Lots of new Ops with less than a year on getting bus training. Are you forced, or by request?

That is for dual mode. From what I know, most people that I know have been trained had at least 3 to 4 years on prior to starting training. It was being done for ops who volunteerd and I think the ops to be trained were selected according to seniority. I believe they were only training as many ops as they require. I don't think it's going on anymore as they have fulfilled their requirements. They do this basically so they can have streetcar operators to drive buses on parts of streetcar routes that are closed to streetcars like Roncy to Long Branch and Bathurst for example.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:55 PM, Quan said:

I'm on Day 23/27 of Subway training so I can speak only about Subway. Training is Monday - Friday from 7A - 3P with a couple days where you may start at 6A - 2P. Depending on the size of your class, after a couple weeks half the class may be switched to evening training which is from 3P - 11P just to have more one on one time with the instructor.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:27 PM, Mark97 said:

Just had a couple questions regarding the subway/TTC. First What are you tested on is it just air brakes and how to drive the train? Second what are the hours like when you finish your training are you starting at 40 or are you choosing basically the shifts that no one picks up? If that is the case does it take a while for your shifts to increase? 

Thanks in advance !! 

You are tested overall on train operation, signals, door disablements, train disablements, emergency alarms, etc etc etc etc. There's too many to list. It's the hardest training program out of all 3 modes but don't be afraid. Work hard at it, do your homework, and study everyday. In regards to your second question, you will be placed on spare board after you complete training and will be doing whatever shifts are left over. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, DreamOperator said:

I'm on Day 23/27 of Subway training so I can speak only about Subway. Training is Monday - Friday from 7A - 3P with a couple days where you may start at 6A - 2P. Depending on the size of your class, after a couple weeks half the class may be switched to evening training which is from 3P - 11P just to have more one on one time with the instructor.

So they changed the format. They keep changing it, thanks for that. Less trains to learn more time to practice! That's good to hear

58 minutes ago, DreamOperator said:

You are tested overall on train operation, signals, door disablements, train disablements, emergency alarms, etc etc etc etc. There's too many to list. It's the hardest training program out of all 3 modes but don't be afraid. Work hard at it, do your homework, and study everyday. In regards to your second question, you will be placed on spare board after you complete training and will be doing whatever shifts are left over. 

I appreciate that thank you for the information!! Would you say the tests and the information you learned is hard or as long as you focus in class and do your work you'll be fine ? Congrats on making it this far and good luck in the future !! 

• Like 1