TTC Application Process

ericgu22

On 1/7/2017 at 6:27 PM, KG724 said:

I applied for Transit Operator September 2016, I went to the Orientation Session November 15th, 2016. Just wanted to know if anyone from that session has been contacted for an interview? 

Hey KG724,

I have been watching this forum for past 2 months and now finally you have mentioned that you were in Orientation Session on November 15th, 2016. I am also in a similar boat as yourself. I had my info session on November 16th and I just received an email for an interview yesterday, January 12th, 2016 for Feb 03, 2017. Hope this helps.

I am also looking for any help I can get in regards to the interview and what it entails.

Training call yesterday, folks.

Birchmount it is. Starting February 8.

Timeline was:

Applied: May 20

Invitation for info session: June 10

Info session: June 22

Invitation for interview: August 1

Interview: Sep. 5

Passed interview: Sep 18

Offer received, signed, scanned, sent: Sep. 25

Medical: Sep. 29

TPS clearance received, scanned, sent: Oct. 12

Doc.: Nov. 2

Training call: Jan 12

Start date: Feb 8

Mode: Bus

Division: Birchmount

Now, folks at Birchmount, please give me the scoop. I've heard spare board and vacation board are pretty decent to pick up good shifts. True?

Any other tips or info I should know about?

I'm pretty pumped. The commute is not too bad for me. Russell or Danforth would have been better, but hey, I can't complain.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ttcscarb said:

Just got the call!

Applied August 22

Info Session September 23

Interview November 23

Conditional December 6

Medical December 14

Documentation January 24!

Thank you to all those on this forum who have helped me and others get here! 

Great!  That's much faster than I expected for your timeline,  I thought you would be waiting another month

5 hours ago, Oscar101 said:

Timeline was:

Now, folks at Birchmount, please give me the scoop. I've heard spare board and vacation board are pretty decent to pick up good shifts. True?

I'm pretty pumped. The commute is not too bad for me. Russell or Danforth would have been better, but hey, I can't complain.

Small division.  Close knit division.  Short routes.  A bit more senior than eglinton.  

• Like 2

On 2017-01-13 at 0:48 AM, TTC_Man said:

Hey KG724,

I have been watching this forum for past 2 months and now finally you have mentioned that you were in Orientation Session on November 15th, 2016. I am also in a similar boat as yourself. I had my info session on November 16th and I just received an email for an interview yesterday, January 12th, 2016 for Feb 03, 2017. Hope this helps.

I am also looking for any help I can get in regards to the interview and what it entails.

Congratulations TTC_Man! Hopefully I will find out soon if I am moving to the next stage. 

Good luck at your interview!

9 hours ago, slowtyper said:

Just curious if anyone has requested an email for training call rather than a "call"? 

Or,  what happenens if you don't receive the training call,  will they just call you next week or contact you by email? 

with my current job, i can't have the phone on me, i can only check once every 1 hour or so. i "missed" both my conditional offer and documentation calls. They left a voicemail for both to call back. I called back within 1 hour and got it. 

I would assume the same for training. 

On January 13, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Oscar101 said:

Timeline was:

Congrats Oscar101

• Like 1

On 1/13/2017 at 9:28 AM, Oscar101 said:

Timeline was:

Talk about patience lol Congrats @Oscar101 

On 2017-01-13 at 0:48 AM, TTC_Man said:

Hey KG724,

I was at the November 15, 2016 info session too. I've completed my interview and I'm waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed! 

1 hour ago, ttcscarb said:

Who is coming to documentation on January 24?

Where is a good spot to park, since no onsite parking according to email. 

There is a parking lot for ttc employees  and visitors that's a 5 min walk from where you're going. I paid $7 or $8 to park there when I went for my documentation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pirlo said:

Just received my TPS Clearance Letter in the mail! Scanned it and sent it to HR. Time to wait for a documentation date. Patience is a virtue ;)

Hey bud i sent in my tps clearance letter on a monday and got called back on a friday same week 

• Like 1