TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Just as other's have said, the Subway training is pretty intense and it has only been day #2. The instructors have been great along with the transfers from other modes who are going into Subway. Definitely need to sacrifice a lot of leisurely activities to study, do the homework, and then study again. 

• Like 4

Application: April 9

Info Session: June 22

Email back: July 20

Interview: Aug 24

Conditional offer: Sept 15

Medical: Sept 19

Documentation: Nov 9

Call back: Dec 22

Training Date: Jan 9 - Bus - Mount Dennis Division

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mark97 said:

I was just going to wear jeans and a cardigan 

As someone that just went through the process of hiring and been on the job for a few months,  I recommend dressing up. Impressions are made the second you walk in the room and if you put effort into dressing to impress it gives the impression that this is important to you right off the bat. 

Dress casual and it may not hurt you,  but it won't help you. A tie,  shirt,  dress pants and shoes send the messege you want... Mature,  responsible and that you have your shit together without you having to say a word. 

My two cents.. Best of luck either way. 

1 minute ago, New TTC Operator said:

As someone that just went through the process of hiring and been on the job for a few months,  I recommend dressing up. Impressions are made the second you walk in the room and if you put effort into dressing to impress it gives the impression that this is important to you right off the bat. 

Dress casual and it may not hurt you,  but it won't help you. A tie,  shirt,  dress pants and shoes send the messege you want... Mature,  responsible and that you have your shit together without you having to say a word. 

Nevermind.... Thought you were going for an interview! Lol

I wore jeans,  thirty and drove my motorcycle to documentation! Where what you want,  as you already have the job. Just hope that you are at the top of the list or you could be there for hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a1brt said:

if you have documentation scheduled, you should have received a big email with detailed information about it. dress code is said to be casual (but it never hurts to dress more than casual), and yes they do take picture for the ID.

not there yet just curious. 

1 hour ago, New TTC Operator said:

Nevermind.... Thought you were going for an interview! Lol

I wore jeans,  thirty and drove my motorcycle to documentation! Where what you want,  as you already have the job. Just hope that you are at the top of the list or you could be there for hours. 

dont tease me about motorcycles in jan. my cb750 is put away until april 

18 hours ago, ttcscarb said:

what do you wear to documentation? same as interview? Do they take your picture for ID card?

Business casual. You'll have your picture taken for the employee card and sign a bunch of documents relating to employment conditions, insurance, benefits, etc. You will also get fitted for dress shirts. For slacks and blazer you will have to visit the tailor at Finch and Midland but that's after training.

On your first day of training you will have to dress in business attire: dress shirt, slacks, a tie, and dress shoes for men, business casual attire for women. You'll get the sheet that explains the dress code for training at documentation.

Best of luck to all of you! 

18 minutes ago, Transitman83 said:

As far as the medical goes. Is no news good news? Had my medical a week ago and it said in the email it takes 2-3 days to hear back.

thanks in advance 

Correct. Nobody calls you to say that medical was okay. No news surely implies that everything went well.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NewTtcGuy said:

I had my medical October 3rd and documentation Oct 25.....still waiting for a call on the training date. Anybody here from the same documentation date as me? 

Documentation date doesn't really make a difference. One of our friends on this forum had documentation with me on Nov 30 and is in the 2nd week of training already. His/her medical was Oct 12. Mine was Oct 14. I am waiting for Start date date as well. 

Call to u seems overdue. Thur evenings.... Don't miss that call tomorrow ;)... And do share your.start date and mode.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ME TOO said:

Documentation date doesn't really make a difference. One of our friends on this forum had documentation with me on Nov 30 and is in the 2nd week of training already. His/her medical was Oct 12. Mine was Oct 14. I am waiting for Start date date as well. 

Call to u seems overdue. Thur evenings.... Don't miss that call tomorrow ;)... And do share your.start date and mode.

Hmm... I wonder how they choose the start date for each new hiree. Also I definitely will when I recieve that call! Crossing my fingers for tomorrow

• Like 1

On 2017-01-05 at 10:18 PM, jr rubberman said:

Training starts on January 23rd, mode is bus and will go to Wilson Division.  

Welcome to Wilson!

On 2016-12-16 at 8:53 PM, LMESSIAH said:

You can transfer same mode after probation... It's two years if you want to change modes.. go from bus to subway or streetcar to bus. 

I simply laugh when people say robots will take all the driving jobs. It'll happen but quite doubtful in any of our careers. 

I'll start worrying when ttc can install a bloody elevator in all the stations. 

Or presto machines that work lol

If the hunch I have is right and the rumors about ttc wanting to hire more subway operators are true, the process is going slowly because they are "delaying it" as the vaughan extension is to be completed later this year. Would this make sense?