TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Maybe here is why medical date count....

Person A has medical Dec 1 5pm with badge 201

Person B has medical Dec 1 8 am with badge 203

However they both in the same training class on Dec 12. Even person B has 203 number, his or her seniority is higher then person A

1 hour ago, kotraders said:

Maybe here is why medical date count....

Person A has medical Dec 1 5pm with badge 201

Person B has medical Dec 1 8 am with badge 203

However they both in the same training class on Dec 12. Even person B has 203 number, his or her seniority is higher then person A

I believe kotraders explanation is correct! 

5 hours ago, Trini12 said:

Good Morning everyone, I just got the call for Documentation January 4th 2017. 

Here is my timeline so far:

Applied online : June 12th 2016

Got email for information session : July 15th 2016

Attended Information session : July 27th 2016

Interview : October 7th 2016

References Checked : October 27th 2016

Conditional Offer email: November 4th 2016

Medical : November 9th 2016

Police Clearance Letter receiver and email to recruiter : November 19th 2016

Documentation Call: December 9th 2016 (Documentation is on January 4th 2017)

Anyone who has been to the Documentation what exactly do they do? Do you just sign all the paper work? Do they give you a training date there? I've been following this board a lot and it has been very helpful thus far. Good luck to everyone and Merry Christmas!!!

Congrats!

On 12/6/2016 at 9:49 PM, Betablocker said:

And that's a wrap! Passed the final driving test today on LFLRV. Overall training experience was good. I'll see you guys out there!

Congrats Betablocker.  Did all of you passed training?

When HR says medical date determines seniority, they probably mean only in terms of who gets called for documentation and training. For example, something like being caught in the RCMP fingerprinting issue will delay your call for documentation, but once that's solved, you're back on queue ahead of people who completed that before you but had a later medical date.

Once training starts, medical date only matters as kotraders explained.

Not to be rude or anything....you guys worry too much about seniority and stuffs...just focus on getting in and pass the training and things will fall right in! Start date is what will determine your seniority but medical date matters within your training group! Hope that helps and good luck to everyone who're on the pipeline! :)

• Like 7

Yea you guys are right, but sometimes all it takes I that one person right above you always taking what you want. but its something you have no control over, so its not worth stressing over. I'm sure we all have those stories of opening the door for some at medical just to have that person be ahead of you for all your time at TTC. lol

Was there in the info session wednesday,almost finished job shadowing there were 6 to 8 people blue night bus, for shadowing looking like they are hiring quite a few people,my question to all those who applied ahead of me how many of pass in the apptitude test i dint answer all question,how many of u passed the test , is there any chances of failing in that test .job shadowing says has to be 30 minutes ,the bus i was on finished the journey before 30 minutes as there were less passenger so less stop request ,google said 38 minutes i finished job shadowing in 27 minutes the person strictly said 30 minutes now i am short of 3 minutes what do i do 

1 hour ago, crv844 said:

Was there in the info session wednesday,almost finished job shadowing there were 6 to 8 people blue night bus, for shadowing looking like they are hiring quite a few people,my question to all those who applied ahead of me how many of pass in the apptitude test i dint answer all question,how many of u passed the test , is there any chances of failing in that test .job shadowing says has to be 30 minutes ,the bus i was on finished the journey before 30 minutes as there were less passenger so less stop request ,google said 38 minutes i finished job shadowing in 27 minutes the person strictly said 30 minutes now i am short of 3 minutes what do i do 

Honestly, just say that you started two minutes earlier than you did, and ended a minute later. It's not a huge time difference so it's very very unlikely that either of your interviewers will question you about it.

Just wanted to share my timeline with everyone. It's great to see how everyone is so helpful. Looking forward to be in the company with all of you guys.

applied: may 2016

info session: August 30

interview: November 1

signed offer letter: November 16

medical: November 17

police clearance: November 25

just received a call November 9 for documentation on January 4

hope this helps someone to track their progress. 

At the information session they have mentioned a list of documents needed at the time of Interview. Among that i found the last one which is Reference Letters. Can anybody explain me some details on this.. I don't have any letters from my previous employer. How and where to get this reference letters ???

49 minutes ago, Kal said:

Just wanted to share my timeline with everyone. It's great to see how everyone is so helpful. Looking forward to be in the company with all of you guys.

We have documentation the same day!

2 hours ago, Kal said:

you meant nov 29 for documentation call correct?

4 hours ago, a1brt said:

Reference letters would need to be obtained from your employers, but they are optional. I didn't bother with mine and just provided regular references with phone numbers. Regardless they will call all of them to do your reference check, so not really a point to do an extra step when there are already more than enough steps.

Thank you very much a1brt for making it clear. Just trying to make sure that i dont miss anything.. highly appreciate for your feedback. Any feedback to prepare for interview other than those in TTC red folder ??

8 hours ago, crv844 said:

Why i was asking because i dint finished all question and not sure how many question right i answered,by the way net a kit of people doing job shadowing on Saturday night bus 

Not trying to offend, but I suggest you work on your writing skills.  It matters for the assignment.  

• Like 2

On 7/22/2016 at 0:38 AM, Rekognize said:

An old lady gets on your bus and she's short 50 cents. What do you do?

What determines the breaking distance of a vehicle?

How did you deal with an upset customer at your previous job?

Mostly S.T.A.R. based questions.

"Tell me about a time when..."

You must answer using an experience from a previous job. (They mentioned this at the information session)

• Like 1