TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Anyone know how master sign up works?

By seniority you put your bid for division. Put it this way if your in the last selection and you don't want to move in certain divisions anyways....Good luck! Will most likely affect 10/15% of work force I'm told. Union official mentioned it is happening in fall.

Based on those tranfer lists it looks like any of us who started at queensway, Malvern, yus, danforth and wheel trans recently are going to be saying goodbye lol.

Yep add Birchmount to that list also. I'd say 5th selction at Queensway is gone.

Transfers to birchmount have been going through right away. Put in transfer and gone the following board says there's not a billion waiting to get in like the others.

If only the fifth goes I'm ok but if they take a big bite out of the fourth I'll be gone. Although if I'm faced with being bottom 5 here or 100 under there not sure what choice I'll make till faced with it.

Transfers to birchmount have been going through right away. Put in transfer and gone the following board says there's not a billion waiting to get in like the others.

If only the fifth goes I'm ok but if they take a big bite out of the fourth I'll be gone. Although if I'm faced with being bottom 5 here or 100 under there not sure what choice I'll make till faced with it.

Just that Birchmount is currently the most senior division. Don't worry it's common for those who have bids in to chicken out when they get approved. Just have to worry about those not currently on the bid list or maybe streetcar ops.

When Mount Dennis opened many were forced there but over time they either went back to their original division or switched mode. Many went to Wheel Trans. It's not the end of the world and it's not a bad idea to try other divisions. Remember each division or mode has it's pros and cons. A senior op went to Queensway last year from MD....he hated it and lasted 6 months and went back.

An instructor recently told me there is excess bus ops and a shortage of streetcar ops so a master might sort that out with more dual ops. Easier to get OT if your a dual operator.

If I ever got forced to streetcar I'd just flunk on purpose, stupid process and a waste of money.. hopefully the media gets a hold of this and causes waves over it.

#1 TTC op $$$ salary guy is in bus but also does 3 pms in streetcar almost every week and doesn't work weekends. Crazy...

I'm assuming Pm's is afternoons as in am/pm

You can only work a max of 70 hours per week. So by doing a early regular every day and 3 afternoon PM OT shifts you can easily hit that target....not that it's common place to happen so much anymore but is possible more so if you are a dual operator.

I thought the highest paying Operator was in Subway, but with TTC putting a bunch of people in Subway in the last two years, the OT cut down. Even late-ins have been cut down. TTC is doing a good job when it comes to scheduling subways. I'll give them credit there.

So in October /November there will be a master.

I thought the highest paying Operator was in Subway, but with TTC putting a bunch of people in Subway in the last two years, the OT cut down. Even late-ins have been cut down. TTC is doing a good job when it comes to scheduling subways. I'll give them credit there.

So in October /November there will be a master.

I think there is a regular few who battle it out for #1. They have special reasons for killing themselves working those hours.

You really have to live here to pull that off. I love what I do, but not like that. I find it amazing the people who are past retirement, and they get paid more to be at home than be at work, end up working the most OT at TTC.

Just that Birchmount is currently the most senior division. Don't worry it's common for those who have bids in to chicken out when they get approved. Just have to worry about those not currently on the bid list or maybe streetcar ops.

When Mount Dennis opened many were forced there but over time they either went back to their original division or switched mode. Many went to Wheel Trans. It's not the end of the world and it's not a bad idea to try other divisions. Remember each division or mode has it's pros and cons. A senior op went to Queensway last year from MD....he hated it and lasted 6 months and went back.

An instructor recently told me there is excess bus ops and a shortage of streetcar ops so a master might sort that out with more dual ops. Easier to get OT if your a dual operator.

Bmount really the most senior? Interesting. The routes there are some of the best, same with Queensway, just my opinion.

If I ever got forced to streetcar I'd just flunk on purpose, stupid process and a waste of money.. hopefully the media gets a hold of this and causes waves over it.

You should know by now hat if that happens TTC will put you were they want you to go, and not where you want to go. I'd rather pass training and bid out soon after. I know of stories of people being held in Collectors or years because of what you plan on doing. Same in subways, some people think to get out of subways faster hit 5 lights, at that point you will realize you thought you had it bad until TTC puts you somewhere that will be even worse. Its up to you, but I've seen what I needed to see here.

If a bunch of people that started off the street went into subway, and now they may be forced to buses or streetcar, that's a lot of money wasted by TTC on training, not that they care too much. At least they will be guaranteed dual mode, and can still drive subways on OT. So if they decide to come back to subway, no training.

You should know by now hat if that happens TTC will put you were they want you to go, and not where you want to go. I'd rather pass training and bid out soon after. I know of stories of people being held in Collectors or years because of what you plan on doing. Same in subways, some people think to get out of subways faster hit 5 lights, at that point you will realize you thought you had it bad until TTC puts you somewhere that will be even worse. Its up to you, but I've seen what I needed to see here.

If a bunch of people that started off the street went into subway, and now they may be forced to buses or streetcar, that's a lot of money wasted by TTC on training, not that they care too much. At least they will be guaranteed dual mode, and can still drive subways on OT. So if they decide to come back to subway, no training.

Ya I know. I'm saying if I was forced to streetcar. In my opinion there's nowhere I'd want to be less I'll gladly go back to any bus division before streetcar. Lots of juniors at queensway will be doing the same thing if they get forced. (So they say)

I have enough under that I won't be going there anyway but was just saying.

Ya I know. I'm saying if I was forced to streetcar. In my opinion there's nowhere I'd want to be less I'll gladly go back to any bus division before streetcar. Lots of juniors at queensway will be doing the same thing if they get forced. (So they say)

I have enough under that I won't be going there anyway but was just saying.

Interesting to see how many of the new hire subway ops will get booted to another mode.

They will be dual trained regardless of where they go. As long as they keep coming back on OT to subways they won't have to go through training for 30+ days.

Some of them don't care because they can't stand being underground, plus the seniority isn't the best. No matter where they go, they will have more options when it comes to work selection, so it will work out for them regardless, they are the only ones that will benefit no matter what the outcome is from the Master.

Just because on paper they will be hit, doesn't mean people will flood subways. Not everyone wants subways. Contrary to popular believe.

Will having subway qualification help the chances of bidding back to subway?

Will new ops that get relocated have to wait the two years to bid back to thier original mode?

Lastly, If a master sign up does happen in fall, how long until training starts for all the transfers?

As i said, if you do get kicked out, just keep coming back on OT to subway, so coming back will be easier because you won't have to go through the 30 day training. It takes longer for anyone that has to go through a full fledged training than someone who needs 1-5 days training when transferring. Actually you won't have to for training if you keep coming back, except for re-cert, which you will need anyways every 2 years.

As i said, if you do get kicked out, just keep coming back on OT to subway, so coming back will be easier because you won't have to go through the 30 day training. It takes longer for anyone that has to go through a full fledged training than someone who needs 1-5 days training when transferring. Actually you won't have to for training if you keep coming back, except for re-cert, which you will need anyways every 2 years.

Makes sense, Thanks Flyer.

Im still hoping this is just rumors.