TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Hey everyone, I just got my RCMP fingerprint results back today, it's clean as I expected. It took 4 weeks. Man am I glad. I wonder if I can bring it to TPS on Saturday?

Hey everyone, I received my Fingerprint results today, it took 4 weeks but it's clean as I expected and man am I happy..I wonder if I can bring it to TPS on Saturday?

Hey everyone, I just got my RCMP fingerprint results back today, it's clean as I expected. It took 4 weeks. Man am I glad. I wonder if I can bring it to TPS on Saturday?Hey everyone, I received my Fingerprint results today, it took 4 weeks but it's clean as I expected and man am I happy..I wonder if I can bring it to TPS on Saturday?

Congrats. 4 weeks wow!

Hey everyone, I just got my RCMP fingerprint results back today, it's clean as I expected. It took 4 weeks. Man am I glad. I wonder if I can bring it to TPS on Saturday?

Hey everyone, I received my Fingerprint results today, it took 4 weeks but it's clean as I expected and man am I happy..I wonder if I can bring it to TPS on Saturday?

Don't worry body. U didn't lose anything . I sign offer wd u the same day. and still waiting for documentation call.

Well after all the reading I'm finally approved to post. I'd like to thank all of you for your guidance on my ttc journey.

I just recently attended documentation and will be training soon. I'm nervous to say the least. No mode or division yet and I'm not sure what to hope for. I'd like to hear from people that live on the outskirts of the gta and how they're coping.

Thanks again.

Well after all the reading I'm finally approved to post. I'd like to thank all of you for your guidance on my ttc journey.

I just recently attended documentation and will be training soon. I'm nervous to say the least. No mode or division yet and I'm not sure what to hope for. I'd like to hear from people that live on the outskirts of the gta and how they're coping.

Thanks again.

. Hi ttc wait can you please tell us about your time line I mean when did you start from application to documentation thank you

Thanks again.

What do you mean? Coping with the commute or do you mean getting around Toronto for routes in areas you don't know?

Hi Ttc102

My whole process was just over a full year. The approx was Aug/Sept application, info session Nov, Interview in May, medical June, documentation Sept 2014 and training next month.

Hi Twinmama,

To clarify, I meant I personally will be commuting an hour depending on division and I was wondering if anyone commutes the same or greater distance.

Hi Ttc102

My whole process was just over a full year. The approx was Aug/Sept application, info session Nov, Interview in May, medical June, documentation Sept 2014 and training next month.

Hi Twinmama,

To clarify, I meant I personally will be commuting an hour depending on division and I was wondering if anyone commutes the same or greater distance.

Yeah I do..from arrow rd to oshawa....to be honest at first it was really hard. You get off the bus and your not used to it, your legs and ass are sore/numb and you still have an hour to go. A few nights I was on night bus and I don't know how I got home.

Last week, I had to be back exactly 8 hrs later from the end of my shift (off @ 2:29 on report for 10:29 am) , so 1 hour home, and 1.5 back because you want to be a bit early... so it didn't make for much sleep. The Other day I had a split, left my house at 4:30am and didn't get home until after 8 and its not like you can go home in between because it's so far.

But, I don't want to scare you...I've gotten used to it and my shift are usually straights so it's not too bad at all. One thing to keep in mind is you are almost always driving home / to work at non rush hour times because you're out on the bus driving people home from work :)

I want to move but especially on spare board if you have kids you will need help...I would have no one in Toronto so I don't know what to do...I go back and forth. I've heard a lot of people say they move out of the city after a year or 2 on the job because you get sick of the chaos.

Yea living in Durham and working in Arrow is much different than working in Birchmount/Eglinton/Malvern because those are the closest divisions from Durham. Because I rent it's no dirt off my shoulders to move closer to work. The higher price you pay in living expenses in Toronto make up for the travels to and from work.

When I was living in Durham my monthly gasoline bills were reaching close to $360/month, my driving consisted of approximately 2.5 hours of commuting per day (both ways), and on the splits I would end up sitting it in the division so all this precious time driving and idling in the division on my splits also amounts to lots of money wasted too! Right now I fill my tank and it lasts me 2 weeks (so $100/month)

So soon as I got closer to my probation ending I moved to the city. Sure I'm spending couple extra hundreds dollars per month in rent because I'm in the city but guess what, I'm 10 minutes away from the division, on my splits I get to go home and (sleep, eat, workout, sleep some more) and then head back to work for a few extra hours. In fact I try to get HUGE splits because I can spread my work much easier. Work 6am-9am and then head back out from 2:30pm-6pm.. No problem I can do that all day everday for life.

So my point is, unless you own your home I would think about moving closer to your work, benefits yourself and the family.

Yea living in Durham and working in Arrow is much different than working in Birchmount/Eglinton/Malvern because those are the closest divisions from Durham. Because I rent it's no dirt off my shoulders to move closer to work. The higher price you pay in living expenses in Toronto make up for the travels to and from work.

When I was living in Durham my monthly gasoline bills were reaching close to $360/month, my driving consisted of approximately 2.5 hours of commuting per day (both ways), and on the splits I would end up sitting it in the division so all this precious time driving and idling in the division on my splits also amounts to lots of money wasted too! Right now I fill my tank and it lasts me 2 weeks (so $100/month)

So soon as I got closer to my probation ending I moved to the city. Sure I'm spending couple extra hundreds dollars per month in rent because I'm in the city but guess what, I'm 10 minutes away from the division, on my splits I get to go home and (sleep, eat, workout, sleep some more) and then head back to work for a few extra hours. In fact I try to get HUGE splits because I can spread my work much easier. Work 6am-9am and then head back out from 2:30pm-6pm.. No problem I can do that all day everday for life.

So my point is, unless you own your home I would think about moving closer to your work, benefits yourself and the family.

I totally agree^^^^^^^^^

Nokia_boy has been a huge help to me and given me some great advice!

Don't do anything until you know what division you get.... for me once I pass probation im going to make some serious decisions.

Another thing to consider too...i. thought abut asking for a compassionate transfer after my 10 months but from what I hear, I can get much better work at arrow because there are so many senior operators in the east divisions.

I highly doubt you're better off at arrow. Birchmount has hired way more than arrow I'd bet you have more under you there. Arrows hired squat in the last few months according to the seniority list I recently saw.

Malvern for sure has hired less though.

Oh...How do you see the seniority list?

This signing I had 3 below me so 4 choices, the union guy said next signing I'll have 19 if they all pass.

There should be a binder in the signing room that says master seniority list, ours hasnt been updated since November of last year so not sure how updated yours is.

As for a compassionate transfer, that is a great way to move out to a new division to fit your needs better. You need to make sure the positives outweigh the negatives with the transfer.

Everyone in durham region is either at Birchmount or Malvern. Start planning now because it will come by fast!!!