TTC Application Process

ericgu22

i'd probably never wear any hat from ttc EVER. well maybe the baseball cap but that wasn't one of the options...lol

I spent 3 years in Canadian Air Force and you faced charges for not wearing the forage cap...good thing TTC isn't as strict in that protocol lol :)

hopefully its a clip on

So you get to choose ward robe? Is there any dress that is non-negotiable?

You can choose between long sleeve and short sleeve dress shirts and are allowed a couple golf shirts. But they have all these dumb rules. If you wear long sleeve you must wear a tie all year round. If you get short sleeve you don't have to wear one in the summer. Pilot hat is non negotiable.

So all you have are short sleeves and polos?

Yes sir.

hopefully its a clip on

So you get to choose ward robe? Is there any dress that is non-negotiable?

You get to choose 6 of long sleeves, short sleeves and polos. One between the toque and fur hat. And 4 ties with clip ons or tied ones.

You can choose between long sleeve and short sleeve dress shirts and are allowed a couple golf shirts. But they have all these dumb rules. If you wear long sleeve you must wear a tie all year round. If you get short sleeve you don't have to wear one in the summer. Pilot hat is non negotiable.

Yes sir.

So you're gonna wear short sleeves in the winter? lol if you wear a sweater, you have to wear a tie.

You get to choose 6 of long sleeves, short sleeves and polos. One between the toque and fur hat. And 4 ties with clip ons or tied ones.

So you're gonna wear short sleeves in the winter? lol if you wear a sweater, you have to wear a tie.

Ya I don't care. I don't like sleeves. I watched guys in my documentation order 4 long sleeve and two short I was thinking are you crazy? Only have two short sleeves for whole summer? They'll regret that for sure when they're sweating their ass off on non a/c streetcar in august with a sweaty tie around their neck. You can always get away from the cold. With a sweater or jacket. It's sometimes impossible to get away from the heat though.

Think one guy 4 long sleeves. 1 polo and one short. He can't wear his polo during certain months that leaves him 1 short sleeve if there happens to be a warm day in "winter months".

lol I ordered 3 long, 2 short and 1 polo. That was the general consensus in my group, so I went along with it.

Got "the call", TTC has summoned me for "documentation". Not very nice of them to give me one day notice but like everyone else on here, I will drop everything including skip work to attend. lol

Too bad i wont have my 1 month refresh time. Good luck to all those still in the application process!

When did your police clearance arrive and how long did you wait before HR invited you in for documentation?

My police clearance came at 6 weeks after my conditional (first week of feb) and I just went to documentation. TTC took exactly 3 months to call me in for documentation. They said the wait before I start training would be another 1-2 months.

That's cool. I always sign up for the least limitations. Now all summer no matter which shirt I wear I don't need a tie.

Either that or you could not wash your short sleeves and keep wearing it lol.

My police clearance came at 6 weeks after my conditional (first week of feb) and I just went to documentation. TTC took exactly 3 months to call me in for documentation. They said the wait before I start training would be another 1-2 months.

Either that or you could not wash your short sleeves and keep wearing it lol.

Ok cool and thanks. My conditional was 24 Feb

It is quite possible we could be in training around the same time

you guys are gonna be really disappointed when it comes to receiving your uniform on day 20 I believe. All your gonna receive is the old uniform (Long sleeve shirts, sweater and one polo with one toque and one hat). You will be wearing that for quite a while. I dont think I'll be seeing the new uniform until september or october.

@ Torontonian

Arrow Rd is one of the divisions located on finch right off the 400. I did steeles 60C the other day which goes from York University straight to finch station and back. It wasnt bad except its a bitch turning on yonge and merging into traffic all the way to your left lane just to get into the station. During rush hour this can be a nightmare

Ok cool and thanks. My conditional was 24 Feb It is quite possible we could be in training around the same time
Actually, the odds of that happening is almost none. I was in documentation with about 20 others and was told that we will start training in 1-2 months. They also said that there wont be another documentation for quite some time. I think you can expect to start training in august or september. I could be wrong though lol.

Actually, the odds of that happening is almost none. I was in documentation with about 20 others and was told that we will start training in 1-2 months. They also said that there wont be another documentation for quite some time. I think you can expect to start training in august or september. I could be wrong though lol.

I was told spring not fall so hopefully you are wrong ;)

I was told spring not fall so hopefully you are wrong ;)

I hope he's wrong for your sake but be prepared that he's not. They were months off with me and it seems they are reaching the end of this hiring spree. They even changed their job description online to say "for future requirements".

I hope he's wrong for your sake but be prepared that he's not. They were months off with me and it seems they are reaching the end of this hiring spree. They even changed their job description online to say "for future requirements".

well i won't get discouraged...it is what it is

encouragement is better

Hasn't it always been for future requirements? Apparently someone pmed me and told me that there is another documentation in April and they even had a training date some time in April whereas I have been told to wait for the call for training when my conditional and police clearance was earlier. I have no idea what is up with them.