TTC Application Process

ericgu22

If you are assigned to one mode, you are trained in that mode unless you request for a transfer.

Pro and cons about driving streetcar. I don't like streetcar so I am bias. Below are some of the pros and cons I can come up with.

Pro

1) You drive extremely slow. Hence you will make fewer trips than buses.

Cons.

1) You can't steer away from obstacles.

2) Its harder to brake as the streetcars run on smooth rails and smooth wheels. Hence no friction. no friction = takes longer to stop

3) you have to deal with a lot of idiots in downtown area (i.e. cabbies, jaywalkers and other stupid motorists who always cut you off).

4) Whenever you have a problem with your streetcar, you have to troubleshoot them.

Waiting seems to be so painful. With this forum searched, most of them received the interview pass news within 11 days even though HR recruiters told them to wait 3-4 weeks.( Mr. iforparry, Mr.Wanfish, Mr.busandjays ....)

Is there anyone recently received the good news about interview? It's 11th day for me...I am scorched by the phone ringing.

Waiting seems to be so painful. With this forum searched, most of them received the interview pass news within 11 days even though HR recruiters told them to wait 3-4 weeks.( Mr. iforparry, Mr.Wanfish, Mr.busandjays ....)

Is there anyone recently received the good news about interview? It's 11th day for me...I am scorched by the phone ringing.

Received mine on day 15 but I did my interview over the holidays, so they might be slower. It also depends who your interviewer is. Mine told me that I will get the news in 2 weeks, the other interviewer told a guy I saw there within 3-4.

I take it you were blessed with streetcar wanfish? Here's another pro the new streetcars, the driver is seperate than the passengers kind of like a subway. How long till you drive one is another story though.

Also most streetcar accidents are not the operators fault.

Con is if you leave ttc you have no useful licence like you would if you got bus.

Received mine on day 15 but I did my interview over the holidays, so they might be slower. It also depends who your interviewer is. Mine told me that I will get the news in 2 weeks, the other interviewer told a guy I saw there within 3-4.

Ya I think trying to guess based on anyone else here is as useful as trying to self diagnose a medical condition with google. Some were told right away, some a few days later, some weeks later.

Thank you Torontonian1,

I hope you will succeed in the training.

You guys have any idea on the Streetcar placement prospective in the next couple of months? It would be so badass if I got assigned a streetcar over bus but i'll take what I can get. lol

Thank you Torontonian1,

I hope you will succeed in the training.

Thanks Lava, to be honest, even i'm still far from training. I'm still waiting for "documentation" which my HR rep says will most likely be in april and then another couple of weeks and if there is any delay with the process, i'll even have to wait longer. You never know with TTC. It's still a month or two before I start, I would think.

You guys have any idea on the Streetcar placement prospective in the next couple of months? It would be so badass if I got assigned a streetcar over bus but i'll take what I can get. lol

Thanks Lava, to be honest, even i'm still far from training. I'm still waiting for "documentation" which my HR rep says will most likely be in april and then another couple of weeks and if there is any delay with the process, i'll even have to wait longer. You never know with TTC. It's still a month or two before I start, I would think.

I hear ya, still waiting on police check and like many others before me all I can do is be patient. 5 weeks now...

Just wondering, I applied back on December 12, 2013 for the operator position. Just wondering if anybody may have applied around the same time and if so, has heard anything yet?

I applied on Jun 2013 and received info session invitation on Oct took 4 months. Some applicants received it in one month, others in 2 months and the others 4 months meaning it depends on situation. Considering your procedure it is almost time to expect good news. Usually they send e-mail about 2 weeks before info session. Good luck!!!

Just wondering, I applied back on December 12, 2013 for the operator position. Just wondering if anybody may have applied around the same time and if so, has heard anything yet?

I applied in May 2013 and received email invite in September. Then I was offered a face to face interview by email in December for a February interview. Hope this helps.

Just discovered my medical was approved at MTO on the 6th of March. Still waiting on police check but can't find the right number to call? Any suggestions ? I live in Toronto. Thank-you.

Mine took exactly 6 weeks dude. Just be patient. This whole process is like a test of patience. lol

Ya calling those numbers is pointless. Even if mto approved your medical doesn't necessarily mean ttc did. Half those tests have nothing to do with mto. Drug tests, carrying fare boxes, carrying pipes, lifting crates onto shelves, sorting a deck of cards are all things done for ttc. You wouldn't have to do any of that to get a C on your own. Getting the word from them is the only way to know. But it was right around 6 weeks for both mine as well. Medical and police clearance.

Mine took exactly 6 weeks dude. Just be patient. This whole process is like a test of patience. lol

Yeah patience is all i seem to have right now, thanks

Ya calling those numbers is pointless. Even if mto approved your medical doesn't necessarily mean ttc did. Half those tests have nothing to do with mto. Drug tests, carrying fare boxes, carrying pipes, lifting crates onto shelves, sorting a deck of cards are all things done for ttc. You wouldn't have to do any of that to get a C on your own. Getting the word from them is the only way to know. But it was right around 6 weeks for both mine as well. Medical and police clearance.

How do you find out if TTC did? I know for sure i was eliminated from subway because of the colour testing. Was told no problem for streetcar and bus though.

Hello, I need some advice I was wondering if you guys can help me with. I have contacted my HR rep and was told that all my paperwork is in order and that I should be patient and wait a month for documentation. I am thinking about quitting my job now so as to have some time off to refresh myself for when training starts, however I am unsure of whether I should do this or not. Thanks

Yeah patience is all i seem to have right now, thanks How do you find out if TTC did? I know for sure i was eliminated from subway because of the colour testing. Was told no problem for streetcar and bus though.

They will call and tell you. Or email.

Hello, I need some advice I was wondering if you guys can help me with. I have contacted my HR rep and was told that all my paperwork is in order and that I should be patient and wait a month for documentation. I am thinking about quitting my job now so as to have some time off to refresh myself for when training starts, however I am unsure of whether I should do this or not. Thanks

That would be a big NO. what if the date they're giving you for documentation is delayed like it seemed to be for a lot of people? I guess it all depends on how comfortable you are or if you're ok with the possibility of being unemployed for a few months.

You have minimum two weeks after documentation. Take your refresh time then.

I agree , I would not quit your job. You don't know what may happen with documentation and as another poster said it can be delayed as you don't have a definitive date. I would just hold on tight until they call. If you really want the time off look into a leave of absence as then it assures you have your current job still available.

Thank you for your input guys. The thing is, my health has taken a toll for the worse because I have caught a nasty cold a couple of weeks ago. I am okay with being unemployed for a couple of months as I still live with my parents. I'm just worried that TTC might give my current employer another quick call before my documentation to see if my performance has dropped.