TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Yes I understand. But does the TTC provide a guideline for what should be included in the letters. And how many need there be. I always thought that we were just supposed to provide the TTC with the Contact info for our referances you are now say that is inccorect?

You must provide a reference letter, not contacts. That's why it's called a letter and however many they want is what you get.

You are not required to provide reference letters it specifically said if available. They can't expect you to track down somebody that may or may not still work in a former workplace from 5 years ago, it's unreasonable but if you can it can improve your chances

when u say it specifically said what is it?

You are not required to provide reference letters it specifically said if available. They can't expect you to track down somebody that may or may not still work in a former workplace from 5 years ago, it's unreasonable but if you can it can improve your chances

Sure they say 'if available", if you've been incapacitated in some way to prevent you from working but if you've held a steady job or even many jobs for the last 5 years and can't provide a general reference letter, it shows you're either afraid of something, can't make the effort or are unwilling to even try. That's a very big deal to TTC.

It's all clearly explained in the emails that you are going to receive as you keep progressing in the hiring process.

The general mental ability test example questions is in the info session and testing invite.

The job shadowing assignment is explained to you in the info session.

The reference letters/contacts guideline is in the interview invite email...

Patience does it, one thing at a time.

Sure they say 'if available", if you've been incapacitated in some way to prevent you from working but if you've held a steady job or even many jobs for the last 5 years and can't provide a general reference letter, it shows you're either afraid of something, can't make the effort or are unwilling to even try. That's a very big deal to TTC.

for me, I've been with my current employer for 3 years and only 2 of my references I talk to daily. Previous managers on my list I asked for letters but have yet to receive anything. Before that time every manager I had has either been fired, quit or moved to another store and I couldn't see them. No I'm not making excuses, as I clearly asked for them, but I just never got anything back yet. It will have been three weeks since my interview as of Tuesday and they said it would be between 3 and 4 weeks, so I hope I get something within the next week from them either way, yes or no.

P.S I did mention that I was still waiting for reference letters from my current manager and regional manager... but where I work is CRAZY busy all the time and it gets forgotten

Well, I did not bother with reference letters. The invitation letter clearly indicated that I should bring letters "if available", so I just brought in the contact information of my references when I had my interview. The interviewer told me that she had no problem with that.

About two weeks after the interview, I was asked to sign my conditional offer, and the references were contacted by phone with within the next 3 weeks. It was as simple as that. The reference letters are optional and they are not determining factors in the process.

Well, I did not bother with reference letters. The invitation letter clearly indicated that I should bring letters "if available", so I just brought in the contact information of my references when I had my interview. The interviewer told me that she had no problem with that.

About two weeks after the interview, I was asked to sign my conditional offer, and the references were contacted by phone with within the next 3 weeks. It was as simple as that. The reference letters are optional and they are not determining factors in the process.

how long ago did you have an interview and sign your offer?

how long ago did you have an interview and sign your offer?

the_dark_fury

You seem to be going in circles around people, just last week you asked him when his interview was and he replied saying it was in late September.

Proof: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=13973&view=findpost&p=620240

The day before that he clearly stated he signed his conditional offer on October 11th and completed his medical on October 17th

Proof: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=13973&view=findpost&p=620185

You seem to be asking way too many questions and not comprehending what is being fed to you. If you cannot pay attention to people giving you answers than you're going to be having a hard time learning for the TTC. Stop repeating yourself, please.

the_dark_fury

You seem to be going in circles around people, just last week you asked him when his interview was and he replied saying it was in late September.

The day before that he clearly stated he signed his conditional offer on October 11th and completed his medical on October 17th

You seem to be asking way too many questions and not comprehending what is being fed to you. If you cannot pay attention to people giving you answers than you're going to be having a hard time learning for the TTC. Stop repeating yourself, please.

dude relax it was one post I missed the name and have been reading this on my phone

the_dark_fury

You have sharp eyes! :)

I finished training last week, that concluded my 7 months since I applied in mid March.

Lmao I hope when fellow operators ask how long you have on the job you don't say 7 months when really you have 20 odd days. I really hope you don't think in the next 3 months you will be done probation too since you're at your 7 month mark.

This thread is about the application process and the steps involved to get to being an operator. When I stated I just finished my 7 months I immediately followed my sentence with stating I applied in March. That should give you a clear indication I was referring to my time in process during the application stages.

I don't believe I worded it wrong or mislead anyone. It does take approximately 7 months before you become an operator and no one on this forum has asked me how long I have been on the job for me to give them a false answer.

Probation is 10 months by the way, I have a longs way to go.

I do have a good question for us waiting for our confirmed interview.

What happens after training?.. They take you to the Ministry of Transportation with the bus and if you pass the road test then you start working right away?

Thx in advance for your input.

No there is dedicated days for mto test etc. You are not on your own until you pass your final test which is at the end of training. (@ your final test, u already have your c class licence)

This thread is about the application process and the steps involved to get to being an operator. When I stated I just finished my 7 months I immediately followed my sentence with stating I applied in March. That should give you a clear indication I was referring to my time in process during the application stages.

I don't believe I worded it wrong or mislead anyone. It does take approximately 7 months before you become an operator and no one on this forum has asked me how long I have been on the job for me to give them a false answer.

Probation is 10 months by the way, I have a longs way to go.

You will quickly learn when you're on your own that when people hear you have 7 months, they assume you mean on the job. Not from when you 1st applied. Yes you did say you applied in March, and I was just hoping you didn't think that your seniority date is from when you first applied. You are absolutely correct that this is the application thread, hence why I said when fellow operators ask. These new applicants are not operators... yet!

Now if you had said, "From when I first applied in March til just finishing training, it took me 7 months." That's a lot different from saying I have 7 months.

I'm glad we can both add. That's why I said, I hope you don't think in the next 3 months you will be done probation.. 7 + 3 = ............................... 10!

I have a feeling this is pointless because you haven't even been on your own yet to understand where I'm coming from.

You will quickly learn when you're on your own that when people hear you have 7 months, they assume you mean on the job. Not from when you 1st applied. Yes you did say you applied in March, and I was just hoping you didn't think that your seniority date is from when you first applied. You are absolutely correct that this is the application thread, hence why I said when fellow operators ask. These new applicants are not operators... yet!

Now if you had said, "From when I first applied in March til just finishing training, it took me 7 months." That's a lot different from saying I have 7 months.

I'm glad we can both add. That's why I said, I hope you don't think in the next 3 months you will be done probation.. 7 + 3 = ............................... 10!

I have a feeling this is pointless because you haven't even been on your own yet to understand where I'm coming from.

Been on my own from 2 weeks ago, so far everything is great except for the night shifts but it's something to get used to. The great thing about the seniority is that it starts as soon as you start your Day 1 training, so even though training is over a month long (25 weekdays not including the weekends) that still counts towards your probation and not just when you start on your own!

good luck to those who are waiting, I want to add the best part of training will be your "Divisional Training". Don't ask me why now, just come talk to me once you've done it and you will know why!

I have a puzzling question. When we get a conditional offer do they call you or email you and start contacting references after documentation or just send you an email and then start contacting references right away? I ask because I haven't had an offer yet but a few of my references have been called. Is this normal?

I have a puzzling question. When we get a conditional offer do they call you or email you and start contacting references after documentation or just send you an email and then start contacting references right away? I ask because I haven't had an offer yet but a few of my references have been called. Is this normal?

They check your reference ( or they did in my case) after the conditional but before documentation.... They won't have you start if they have not verified your ref. documentation is really the 2nd last step before training - all your ducks have to be in a row before training etc. As far as I know conditionals are not emailed,