TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Not 100% lousy hybrids. The first gens aren't that bad. At the very least that sound cool. Somewhat akin to the 7900s in terms of the deeper exhaust sound, really great in tunnels! While I was there even a few of the garage workers expressed less of a dislike for the FGs over the NGs.

I find the engine drone irritating.

Any advice on how to do Alternate turns? Sometimes they're done at intersections with traffic lights, and other times, they're done at intersections with a stop sign.

You have to look at how sharp the curve is. When you have one lane to turn into, it is definately an alternate turn. A bus needs 2 lanes to make the turn. When in doubt do alternate turns espcially when you are doing the road test on day 13. You lost 5 points if your turn is too wide and you lose about 20 points if you jump the curb. Generally speaking if there is a sidewalk, chances are you don't need to do an alternate turn. When you are making the alternate turn, try to steer as far left as possible. This way will give you more chance of clearing the curb on the right.

You have to look at how sharp the curve is. When you have one lane to turn into, it is definately an alternate turn. A bus needs 2 lanes to make the turn. When in doubt do alternate turns espcially when you are doing the road test on day 13. You lost 5 points if your turn is too wide and you lose about 20 points if you jump the curb. Generally speaking if there is a sidewalk, chances are you don't need to do an alternate turn. When you are making the alternate turn, try to steer as far left as possible. This way will give you more chance of clearing the curb on the right.

That makes sense. Wow... I'm actually eager to try some out now. My driving test day is on day 16 (Next Tuesday). Can't wait for this to be over!

i had my in person interview last wednesday

im not too sure how it went....

how long on average are people waiting to hear back on the results of their interview im kinda losing all hope

I can't recall how long it was until they called me. I think it was less than a week. The whole process is very slow. It's a waiting game.

Passed my driving test today! Thank God that's over! Now that I'm a licensed CZ (?) driver, I'm picking up paying passengers tomorrow! God help them! ;)

(To dhb, we were all on here very recently asking everyone exactly the same questions, and whether or not we should give up. To paraphrase what a lot of us were told: 'Be patient. They're busy. They'll get in touch with you.' Best of luck.

Thanks

I can normally get a read on people without a problem but the recruiters for ttc were like stone during the entire interview and after.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it maybe I'm not I don't know but I've heard of people getting the call the same day of their interview and other getting it months later.

Thanks

I can normally get a read on people without a problem but the recruiters for ttc were like stone during the entire interview and after.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it maybe I'm not I don't know but I've heard of people getting the call the same day of their interview and other getting it months later.

Umm, you're not supposed to get a read on them. Like stone? yeah, sorry, you may not like it but that's their job.

Thanks

The folks who did my interview were really nice, laughed and made me feel really comfortable. Too bad you got cranky ones.

Survey says: Streetcar out of Roncesvalles. Can't wait to start! :D

Do streetcars also use air brakes? Curious about this now. I had assumed I would be asigned bus.

The simple answer is yes but unlike buses the air brake system isn't the main stopping force on our cars (C's and A's). A 'Z' endorsement is not required to operate a streetcar.