TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Got notified by HR today that they did recieve their end of the results and I'm good to go!

Nov. 2nd was my medical. Congrats jeebs! From the way it's sounding I should be in the next documentation class!

Zaanbaaz- I would def. call the HR person you've been dealing with to see if they're waiting for anything.

so i was given Malvern division for bus......

Nice! I as well was posted to that Division. After reading the CPTDB Wiki on Malvern Division, sounds like some great routes to serve the City. One of the Operators for my assignment was originally posted there - she said it was a 'vacation spot' due to the wide roads and in some routes - low ridership.

Nice! I as well was posted to that Division. After reading the CPTDB Wiki on Malvern Division, sounds like some great routes to serve the City. One of the Operators for my assignment was originally posted there - she said it was a 'vacation spot' due to the wide roads and in some routes - low ridership.

Just curious, do you both (jeebs and 631lee) live out that way? I was wondering if they take that into consideration or if you just go wherever they need the next person.

Yes I live close by to Malvern Garage.

Congrads. You have a chance of avoiding driving Orion 7.

I've been assigned to the Eglinton Division... anyone know whether this is a popular division or not?

Eglinton is a junior division, you move up quickly. The routes are not as bad as the routes in the west end (narrow roads and killer poles).

So is that good or bad for me?

It depends on your lifestyle. The routes in Malvern is better than most if not all the divisions. If you don't mind driving Night bus for the next 2 to 3 years and doesn't mind working as a backup driver everyday, Malvern is a good division. I personally like to stick with junior divison as I can pick my work and finish around 7 p.m.

Since you know you are assigned to a bus division, it is a good idea to start learning about the 7 step air brake test.

Congrads. You have a chance of avoiding driving Orion 7.

Eglinton is a junior division, you move up quickly. The routes are not as bad as the routes in the west end (narrow roads and killer poles).

Oh yes, the killer poles on Jane Street :blink: I know them well :)

Oh yes, the killer poles on Jane Street :blink: I know them well :)

Hey Hankman, try Weston and Ossington. Narrow lanes and leaning poles plus heavy loads. Both Malvern and Queensway, very senior. Eglinton and Mount Dennis very junior.

I am junior but still have a 6:30pm finish, mind you I also report at 6:30am with Tues/Wed. off. Lots of good work available at junior divisions if you sign vacation board as well. Its a good way to learn all the routes as well and does not get boring.....something different every week.

Just curious, do you both (jeebs and 631lee) live out that way? I was wondering if they take that into consideration or if you just go wherever they need the next person.

Well, I was talking to a driver recently who lives at Eglinton and McCowan, and is working at Arrow Rd, so I guess it is wherever they really need the next person.

I was just wondering though, as I have an interview next week, is it a good idea to tell the interviewers that you have family working for TTC? I know a few drivers who told me not to tell them, but I have my father telling me to let them know. Any advice?

Well, I was talking to a driver recently who lives at Eglinton and McCowan, and is working at Arrow Rd, so I guess it is wherever they really need the next person.

I was just wondering though, as I have an interview next week, is it a good idea to tell the interviewers that you have family working for TTC? I know a few drivers who told me not to tell them, but I have my father telling me to let them know. Any advice?

Unless you are asked about it, disclose it. If it is Policy you must disclose it. Most Government Employers ask if you have family members working for them at the moment. It more applies if the other family member is in a Supervisor/Manager position. If they're in the same position as you, I don't think they would worry about it.

Unless you are specifically asked a direct question, then no it is not a good idea. Why volunteer information that isn't requested, is nobody's business and wouldn't make any difference even if you did?

Hey Hankman, try Weston and Ossington. Narrow lanes and leaning poles plus heavy loads. Both Malvern and Queensway, very senior. Eglinton and Mount Dennis very junior.

I am junior but still have a 6:30pm finish, mind you I also report at 6:30am with Tues/Wed. off. Lots of good work available at junior divisions if you sign vacation board as well. Its a good way to learn all the routes as well and does not get boring.....something different every week.

I was told Mount Pleasant is bad as well. Watch out for the slope at Bayview and Eglinton. It doesn't look too steep but your bus will slide if you are not careful. The pole at that intersection can take out the mirror in a minute.

I find spareboard more helpful than vacation board. The only good thing about the vacation board is that you can get up to 6 consecutive days off.