TTC Application Process

ericgu22

I am also awaiting the glorious call to begin training. Medical was completed in October with Police Check, references were called also. Glad to know others are in the same boat as me and that we will soon be notified.

My medical, etc, wasn't until November. Looks like I'll be stuck in my current job for awhile yet. Hope you get "The Call" soon.

I did mine November 2nd. I got my police check back too. After speaking with the Ministry of Transportation they said they are back logged and it takes 30 business days from when they recieve it. For me it's been well over 30 business days and thats including the holidays as well.

I also didn't know there was a vision requirement for the C license. Anyone with a high prescription for their eyes get on with corrected lenses?

I did mine November 2nd. I got my police check back too. After speaking with the Ministry of Transportation they said they are back logged and it takes 30 business days from when they recieve it. For me it's been well over 30 business days and thats including the holidays as well.

I also didn't know there was a vision requirement for the C license. Anyone with a high prescription for their eyes get on with corrected lenses?

You just need the basic driver abstract showing how many dermit points you have. I got mine within 2 minutes visiting the Ministry of Transportation counter.

I know some people have high prescription for their eyes can still obtain a C license.

You just need the basic driver abstract showing how many dermit points you have. I got mine within 2 minutes visiting the Ministry of Transportation counter.

I know some people have high prescription for their eyes can still obtain a C license.

Sorry I should've been more specific. Our medical results go to the Ministry of Transportation and they send a pass or fail to HR of TTC.

That's the only thing I'm concerned about right now.

Sorry I should've been more specific. Our medical results go to the Ministry of Transportation and they send a pass or fail to HR of TTC.

That's the only thing I'm concerned about right now.

Don't worry. TTC already spent a lot of money on you and other candidates so be patient. As I said in the past, I waited like a couple of months before they told me the start date.

I signed the conditional offer back in November too. I'm so anxious to get started. I'm going to call HR on Monday to see if by chance I can reach someone and if I do, that they can give me a possible start date for training. I will post it here if I get any info.

Any news?

Any news?

leylandvictory2 convinced me to be patient so I never called. I was actually just thinking about that. I just hope I get at least 2 weeks notice to be fair to my current employer. More would be better. Has anyone experienced last minute notice or can anyone share their expereince as to how much notice they got?

leylandvictory2 convinced me to be patient so I never called. I was actually just thinking about that. I just hope I get at least 2 weeks notice to be fair to my current employer. More would be better. Has anyone experienced last minute notice or can anyone share their expereince as to how much notice they got?

Don't worry TTC will give you 2 weeks notice. They gave me 2 weeks notice.

I JUST GOT MY CALL!! 'TTC Hopeful', I'm in the same boat as you. I was hoping for at least 2 weeks notice to give my current employer. They called about an hour ago to ask permission to call my current employer for a reference check, and after that, she said I would be in a February training class.

So, for all of you that have been waiting, get ready! It looks like the calls are going to start coming!

Employment letter was signed Oct. 19; Medical was Oct. 23; Police Clearance was Nov. 11. I have no idea about a uniform or documentation session. Maybe I shouldn't be celebrating just yet; however, it was just so great to finally get a phone call after hearing nothing for so long. (But she definitely said I would be in a February training class after my reference checks were completed.)

Ah interesting. My Police clearance came back in Mid-Oct, all my references were called late Oct - early Nov (some of them told me). So the big question for me is Medical, although logically the reference step wouldnt have happened unless my Medical cleared. There must be another determing factor which is causing some to be slower than others. Aside from reading the provided literature on the matter, it is good to hear someone has been called and others who are currently employed in the Commission, that their process was very lengthy as well.

I JUST GOT MY CALL!! 'TTC Hopeful', I'm in the same boat as you. I was hoping for at least 2 weeks notice to give my current employer. They called about an hour ago to ask permission to call my current employer for a reference check, and after that, she said I would be in a February training class.

So, for all of you that have been waiting, get ready! It looks like the calls are going to start coming!

t4k That's awesome news! Congratulations! I'm about a month behind you so I guess I still have a bit of a wait. Still, it is good to know the calls are coming!!

I am also awaiting the glorious call to begin training. Medical was completed in October with Police Check, references were called also. Glad to know others are in the same boat as me and that we will soon be notified.

I signed my offer late sep. medical was early October. References have been called.still waiting for the call.my current employer hired a new guy and game me pink slip. I am very confused right now I don't know what's going on. Should I call them to know what's going on.

I got a letter from the Ministry of Transportation that stated the following:

Your medical has been approved.

You may now proceed with the required tests.

There's a medical requirement to have a commercial license, hence why we did the medical. I was confused as well. I thought HR got the letter. I still gave them a call and let them know regardless. Once they get the medical results we wait in a holding pool and then training goes by the day you did your medical. It takes 30 business days from the day they recieve the results from medisys to process everything.