TTC Application Process

ericgu22

LOL. You must have been at the same session I was at. It was quite easy. Hopefully we will get the call within the next few days for our phone interview and then to set up the face to face interview...

I was at the 7:30 session. I couldn't believe that after being told probably 10 times to not turn the test over that he still did it. Even after she said that there's always someone who gets asked to leave in every session.

It was a straight forward test. I would have liked a few more minutes for the second part though, I was in mid-erase :o

I just hope we get the call in the next couple of days :D

Good luck!!

I was at the 7:30 session. I couldn't believe that after being told probably 10 times to not turn the test over that he still did it. Even after she said that there's always someone who gets asked to leave in every session. It was a straight forward test. I would have liked a few more minutes for the second part though, I was in mid-erase :o I just hope we get the call in the next couple of days :D Good luck!!

I was at the 11:30am session and we also had someone asked to leave the session. I had just finished the second part and had just enough time to reread and check for spelling mistakes. They were quite clear on not touching the paperwork, but you always get someone who doesn't pay attention.

Now I need to brush up on my interview skills. This is where I get nervous.

Good Luck.

Better to clear the gene pool that way and have them not waste any more of anybodys time. ;)

So true....lol

I was at the 11:30am session and we also had someone asked to leave the session. I had just finished the second part and had just enough time to reread and check for spelling mistakes. They were quite clear on not touching the paperwork, but you always get someone who doesn't pay attention.

Now I need to brush up on my interview skills. This is where I get nervous.

Good Luck.

So true....lol

Got the phone call. Interview scheduled. Anyone have any tips or advice?

Got the phone call. Interview scheduled. Anyone have any tips or advice?

congrads. Try to think of possible interview questions. Since you will be working in the customer service field, the interviewer will most likely going to ask you questions that are related to customer service. The most important thing is to stay calm even when you realize you messed one of the questions.

congrads. Try to think of possible interview questions. Since you will be working in the customer service field, the interviewer will most likely going to ask you questions that are related to customer service. The most important thing is to stay calm even when you realize you messed one of the questions.

Do you have any idea how many questions they will ask? I am trying to practice with a few examples that I might be able to use. This is the part that is most stressful for me.

2 of my college classmates were hired for the Summer Student Program. I would suggest you get in the Truck Coach Diploma Program at Centennial College when your done high school if you want to work in the garage.

BTW, for those who applied for the Transit Operator Position, do you have to also operate Subway Trains and Streetcars? I am hoping it's optional. Thanks!

BTW, for those who applied for the Transit Operator Position, do you have to also operate Subway Trains and Streetcars? I am hoping it's optional. Thanks!

Successfull applicants are assigned to a division based on the staffing needs of the Commission

Successfull applicants are assigned to a division based on the staffing needs of the Commission

oh well, I just put in my app, I dunno if I will go through with it. I don't want to operate the Streetcar and Subway. Brampton Transit is got me in the dark as they have to go through 1000+ scan sheets from the first phase of the recruitment process. Thanks!

oh well, I just put in my app, I dunno if I will go through with it. I don't want to operate the Streetcar and Subway. Brampton Transit is got me in the dark as they have to go through 1000+ scan sheets from the first phase of the recruitment process. Thanks!

So you're not following through on your apprenticeship?

So you're not following through on your apprenticeship?

-I applied for the TTC apprenticeship and did the test but was informed that it's been put on hold.

-Coach Canada is not going to hire until October but usually a bus driver or washbay attendant gets the apprentice position.

-Brampton Transit will be hiring 1 apprentice at anytime but won't give a date.

-Got an interview with GRT for a part-time washbay attendant but can't fully rely on that.

-Just visited the hound yesterday but the Manager is away on conference, so I'll have to go back next week. I went last year and was told most of the apprentices fail the CFQ :$

-So bus driving is the only thing going for now! lol

the chance of getting in the streetcar/subway is extremly slim so you don't have a lot of worry about. What you have to worry about is that you are most likely going to drive the night bus for the first couple of months.

the chance of getting in the streetcar/subway is extremly slim so you don't have a lot of worry about. What you have to worry about is that you are most likely going to drive the night bus for the first couple of months.

That's a plus, I prefer to drive at night then day! The upside to night driving is less traffic! I can put up with drunks, I have done security for the past 3 years prior to College! lol

That's a plus, I prefer to drive at night then day! The upside to night driving is less traffic! I can put up with drunks, I have done security for the past 3 years prior to College! lol

from riding with my best friend on the 300, the traffic is insane downtown, the cabs are nasty especially, he calls them 'target practice'...

I've also heard that the 320 can be a traffic nightmare as well..

from riding with my best friend on the 300, the traffic is insane downtown, the cabs are nasty especially, he calls them 'target practice'... I've also heard that the 320 can be a traffic nightmare as well..

Just completed my job shadowing assignment. Have my interview tomorrow morning. I am trying to practice behavioural type interview questions for tomorrow. Guess I am as ready as I will ever be. Wish me luck folks. Anybody have any advice?

Nightbus is good for avoiding traffic. The cabs are a pain in the ass because there are way too many of them driving around downtown with nothing to do but compaired to rush hour it's a breeze traffic wise. The drunks and rowdies on Friday and Saturday nights and the people expecting free rides are biggest downsides to the night bus.

Nightbus is good for avoiding traffic. The cabs are a pain in the ass because there are way to many of them driving around downtown with nothing to do but compaired to rush hour it's a breeze traffic wise. The drunks and rowdies on Friday and Saturday nights and the people expecting free rides are biggest downsides to the night bus.

You said it brother. ;)

Just completed my job shadowing assignment. Have my interview tomorrow morning. I am trying to practice behavioural type interview questions for tomorrow. Guess I am as ready as I will ever be. Wish me luck folks. Anybody have any advice?

Had my interview and was hired. Just waiting on my medical, criminal and reference checks. Not sure how long this will take, but I assume it will be a few months before I start training.

Had my interview and was hired. Just waiting on my medical, criminal and reference checks. Not sure how long this will take, but I assume it will be a few months before I start training.

Yes, it will be a few months before your medical, and then a few more until your training start date.

Congratulations!

Yes, it will be a few months before your medical, and then a few more until your training start date.

Congratulations!

Thank you. However, my medical is scheduled for Thursday. Or do you mean for the results to come in? I am so excited. The whole process has only take 5 weeks (to date). Heard that is out of the norm.

Thank you. However, my medical is scheduled for Thursday. Or do you mean for the results to come in? I am so excited. The whole process has only take 5 weeks (to date). Heard that is out of the norm.

Nice, you just saved a couple months of waiting! For me, it took about 8 months from application date to training start date. Asking around over the years, it seems like 6-8 months is typical, and sometimes up to 12 months. It took about a month and a half for me to get my personal interview. The medical was 2 months after that, and 3 months after the medical was my start date.

You won't find out what mode until you get the call for your start date. They sometimes will give you a choice if they are in a jam and need to fill a spot in a class that starts in less than two weeks from the call. Be flexible.

Nice, you just saved a couple months of waiting! For me, it took about 8 months from application date to training start date. Asking around over the years, it seems like 6-8 months is typical, and sometimes up to 12 months. It took about a month and a half for me to get my personal interview. The medical was 2 months after that, and 3 months after the medical was my start date.

You won't find out what mode until you get the call for your start date. They sometimes will give you a choice if they are in a jam and need to fill a spot in a class that starts in less than two weeks from the call. Be flexible.

I had put my application in on April 10th. Went to the information session on April 30. Phone interview was May 7th and the in-person interview was May 14th with the medical scheduled for May 17th. I will not complain about which mode they give me, however, I am a little hesitant about subway. Heard it was very difficult.

I had put my application in on April 10th. Went to the information session on April 30. Phone interview was May 7th and the in-person interview was May 14th with the medical scheduled for May 17th. I will not complain about which mode they give me, however, I am a little hesitant about subway. Heard it was very difficult.

congrads. I don't know if the process has changed or not. When I went through this process, I had to get the medical and police check done before they call me back to complete the paperwork and measure me for the uniforms. After that the workforce team called me to tell me when and where I will start my training. The chance of getting into subway is extremly slim. Only one or two new hires out of like 20 people from my group made it to the subway division. Based on what I see, you are most likely assigned to either Wilson, Birchmount or Eglinton.