TTC Application Process

ericgu22

That's general, but during the loading and unloading part of the road exam, you have to tell the examiner that you would inform your passengers when crossing in front of the bus please walk the length of the cross arm and then cross. The cross arm is about 10 ft long.

Yeah I know.

• 4 weeks later...

got the call 2 days after interview to go for medical test ...

Congratulations! I think you've answer the questions what TTC wants without wasting their time on asking questions and/or joking around! That's the way how it goes! Good luck continuing through the hiring process!

um, no. They're there to answer questions. Frankly an applicant who doesn't ask any, may come across as lacking interest or enthusiasm. What the hell did you think I meant?

Um no. They're there to interview you. If you ask one or two questions when they say, "do you have any questions", either make sure that they are well prepared and thought out, even go as far as to type them in your notes.

Asking questions also shows a lack of preperation for an interview. What I have been taught for co-op is the to research the employer and show a firm knowledge of the organization and the operations that are involved. As far as the TTC, you can find much of that online, thus not wasting their (the interviewers) time.

Especially with the TTC, who offer information sessions where questions can be answered, asking minimal questions is best.

Um no. They're there to interview you. If you ask one or two questions when they say, "do you have any questions", either make sure that they are well prepared and thought out, even go as far as to type them in your notes.

Asking questions also shows a lack of preperation for an interview. What I have been taught for co-op is the to research the employer and show a firm knowledge of the organization and the operations that are involved. As far as the TTC, you can find much of that online, thus not wasting their (the interviewers) time.

Especially with the TTC, who offer information sessions where questions can be answered, asking minimal questions is best.

This may be true for the TTC given the number of opportunities there are for information in advance of the interview, and the fact that TTC is hiring large numbers of people for the same position.

In general, though, asking questions during an interview is a good thing. It shows interest in the employer and helps ensure that the employer is a good fit for you. Any interviewer would rather spend 5 or 10 minutes answering your questions than hire you and then have you quite a few months later because of something that could have been covered during the interview. That would waste far more of the company's time than a few questions during an interview ever would.

Asking questions also turns the interview into more of a two-way conversation, which is hugely valuable for the interviewer in helping assess you as a person and your possible fit into the job.

Of course they should be sensible well thought out questions. Asking "so what does your company do again" is not going to help you. And yes, you should have done basic research before the interview, so your questions should not be things that could be answered by that research.

Anyway, back to transit...

In general, though, asking questions during an interview is a good thing. It shows interest in the employer and helps ensure that the employer is a good fit for you. Any interviewer would rather spend 5 or 10 minutes answering your questions than hire you and then have you quite a few months later because of something that could have been covered during the interview. That would waste far more of the company's time than a few questions during an interview ever would.

Asking questions also turns the interview into more of a two-way conversation, which is hugely valuable for the interviewer in helping assess you as a person and your possible fit into the job.

Of course they should be sensible well thought out questions. Asking "so what does your company do again" is not going to help you. And yes, you should have done basic research before the interview, so your questions should not be things that could be answered by that research.

Agreed and well stated.

wow

yes they are planning to hire approximately 400 new operators. I know there are a lot of new operators operating in Wilson, Arrow, Eglinton and a couple in Birchmount. Malvern division is considered as a senior division, the change of getting in is extremly slim.

wow 400? Over how many years are we talking about here ?

yes they are planning to hire approximately 400 new operators. I know there are a lot of new operators operating in Wilson, Arrow, Eglinton and a couple in Birchmount. Malvern division is considered as a senior division, the change of getting in is extremly slim.

Are the bus drivers that old? :P That sounds like a huge retirement/migration rate. Service increase can only go so far...

That explains why I've been seeing many Eglinton training buses (with the odd Birchmount bus) in and around Kennedy Station during midday over the past couple weeks. I've been seeing them on average every other day.

well its been 5 months since my interview and no contact so I guess the owl got lost.

You could try calling them to see what is going on with it. It would be easy enough to file your information to the side somewhere and forget about it if there was some difficulty contacting you. They deal with thousands of applicants every year, so something trivial can get your application pushed aside.

That explains why I've been seeing many Eglinton training buses (with the odd Birchmount bus) in and around Kennedy Station during midday over the past couple weeks. I've been seeing them on average every other day.

The best time to catch a training bus is between 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Are the bus drivers that old? :P That sounds like a huge retirement/migration rate. Service increase can only go so far...

Baby boomers are retiring.

The HR will call you or leave a msg on your answering machine if you successfully passed the job interview.

What I was wondering is if they also contact everyone that fails the interview whether it be by letter or what have you.. or do they just leave you hanging like this.....I would love to contact them but they have no phone

number for HR.