TTC Application Process

ericgu22

unfortunatly i was unsuccessful at the interview...i received a letter today stating the bad news...i was very disappointed...but i ended up applying DRT and HSR...good luck to anyone that gets to the interview

Sorry to hear that. You can always reapply in the future.

Applied all the way out in Hamilton too? What about Mississauga or Brampton?

well i applied to DRT,HSR,Miway so far...TTC ill try again next year...wonder if i should go to a driving school to obtain a BZ ahead of time

that would be a very good idea.. i was applying last year without my bz and never even got calls.. as soon as i got my BZ, that was when i started to hear back from people.. there are so many people applying with the license it doesnt make sence for them to pay to train anymore.

well i applied to DRT,HSR,Miway so far...TTC ill try again next year...wonder if i should go to a driving school to obtain a BZ ahead of time

How much is driving school for BZ? Having it can't hurt, and is a requirement for some systems. What would you do with it if you didn't get hired on anywhere? Drive straight truck for a while?

Did they give you any feedback in the letter? Something that you could improve on future interviews with the ttc or other agencies? ***don't share that info here, it's personal, just yes/no if you choose to answer that one.

I can't start May. You think they'd have anything for July?

My feeling is that it's not likely, but you never know. Your guess is as good as mine!

If you haven't seen this thread from back in 2009, you might find it interesting: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=8309

Here's another from back in 2006: http://old.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=10191

How much is driving school for BZ? Having it can't hurt, and is a requirement for some systems. What would you do with it if you didn't get hired on anywhere? Drive straight truck for a while?

Did they give you any feedback in the letter? Something that you could improve on future interviews with the ttc or other agencies? ***don't share that info here, it's personal, just yes/no if you choose to answer that one.

I am in the process of getting my B class licence. I got my Z at Centennial College. As for the B licence, I attended Richards Truck Driving School in Missisauga. I completed the theory and now doing the road lessons. I have also completed the School Bus Driver Improvement Course at the Ontario Safety League (A requirement before you apply for the B class licence) and it's helpful to take that course first.

I am in the process of getting my B class licence. I got my Z at Centennial College. As for the B licence, I attended Richards Truck Driving School in Missisauga. I completed the theory and now doing the road lessons. I have also completed the School Bus Driver Improvement Course at the Ontario Safety League (A requirement before you apply for the B class licence) and it's helpful to take that course first.

Driving a school bus is slightly different than driving a city bus. For example a city bus can do something called the "overhang" (meaning a front portion of the bus is above the sidewalk) when you try to make a tight turn. Having said that I wouldn't be too worry about getting the BZ license. I actually had a friend who only drives like 3 to 4 times a week and he still passed the "C" test without going to any truck driving school. Again, it doesn't matter if you have a BZ or CZ license, all the trainee are required to pass the MTO "C" test and Z test offered by TTC.

Driving a school bus is slightly different than driving a city bus. For example a city bus can do something called the "overhang" (meaning a front portion of the bus is above the sidewalk) when you try to make a tight turn. Having said that I wouldn't be too worry about getting the BZ license. I actually had a friend who only drives like 3 to 4 times a week and he still passed the "C" test without going to any truck driving school. Again, it doesn't matter if you have a BZ or CZ license, all the trainee are required to pass the MTO "C" test and Z test offered by TTC.

Getting a commercial vehicle licence is not that easy as it sounds. As per the MTO When you get your B class: you will be tested on Pre-trip inspection, RR crossing and Load/un-loading. With a C class you would be tested on Pre-trip inspection and RR crossing. As usual you will be tested driving on the road and back parking. When doing your test you have to actually talk to examinier as if they don't know nothing, meaning use the proper terms and language. Whether you do the test with the TTC, Greyhound, Go Transit and other Agencies that are licenced to train by the MTO or if you do your test at a examination centre, on what I mentioned about what's on the practical test you are required to demonstrate and explain the maneuvers during the test. I decided to get the B class licence because, a B class licenced driver is more trained in defensive driving based on a MTO requirement that the School Bus Driver Improvement Course must be completed before applying for the licence. As well a B class driver is trained on how to handle children on the bus and is also trained to make sure passengers can board and exit the vehicle in a safe manner to minimize injuries. To get a B class licence, you will have to go trough a Government Criminal Record Serch, a C class licence applicant is not required for the search. A C class licenced driver cannot operarte a bus that is used for school purposes. This is based on my experience in obtaining my B class licence. As for your "overhang" theory, I think you should read the Offical Hand Book for driving a bus (MTO) and read the section on turning. You are suppose to go straight into the intersection and then turn right so your rear wheels don't jump the curb. You can damage the bus!

As for your "overhang" theory, I think you should read the Offical Hand Book for driving a bus (MTO) and read the section on turning. You are suppose to go straight into the intersection and then turn right so your rear wheels don't jump the curb. You can damage the bus!

You forgot this, running over pedestrian too!

You forgot this, running over pedestrian too!

That's general, but during the loading and unloading part of the road exam, you have to tell the examiner that you would inform your passengers when crossing in front of the bus please walk the length of the cross arm and then cross. The cross arm is about 10 ft long.