Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

5 hours ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

9436 be on the R4.

And 16045. I have very high doubts HTC is performing maintenance on 27 artics at the same time. I swear they need to train their book-out people better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

That block of the 3 has had a diesel every day this sheet.

We’ll reduce trolley service, leave the trolleys in the yard, and randomly assign diesel blocks on a trolley route. Mmhm.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 8010 said:

We’ll reduce trolley service, leave the trolleys in the yard, and randomly assign diesel blocks on a trolley route. Mmhm.

So we're going to start managing the trolleys like Edmonton Transit? 😅

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Phillip said:

So we're going to start managing the trolleys like Edmonton Transit? 😅

Don’t give me PTSD of that place. They couldn’t even manage their own garbage bus network so they had to reboot the entire network in April with around 100 less routes if I’m not mistaken. The only thing I’ll give ETS credit for is they mainly order New Flyers. 😂

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Haven't seen that many Orions out on the 340 since 2012 - 9262, 9280, and 9282. 9282 is the first 2008 Orion to appear on the route.

It's special because it's of note due to how many were seen - I'd count the first NoSub appearance as a special sighting but beyond that, not that much more "special" or "of note" so to say.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Express691 said:

Haven't seen that many Orions out on the 340 since 2012 - 9262, 9280, and 9282. 9282 is the first 2008 Orion to appear on the route.

It's special because it's of note due to how many were seen - I'd count the first NoSub appearance as a special sighting but beyond that, not that much more "special" or "of note" so to say.

Is it just mostly XD40s and Nova Urbans right now?

5 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Is it just mostly XD40s and Nova Urbans right now?

So far, in the 4 days that the route has been operating out of RTC, it has run with 2007 LFS, 2009 LFS, 2016 XD40, 2001 Orion V, 2008 Orion V, 2019 Enviro500, next up is to see an LFS Suburban.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:31 PM, Express691 said:

UBC-HTC Deadhead

...and the fact that it still shows up on T-Comm means that someone went NIS without going all the way to the last stop.

Although, now I come to think of it, that might have been the day that all the buses were horrendously late anyway, so perhaps it was short-turned and the adjustment wasn't made in the TMAC.