Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KenrichYT said:

A bit late but 7409 on the 19

That was a result of a "COR" or "Change on Road". 7409 was on a 025 for the entre day & instead of heading back to VTC is was diverted due to a coach on the 019 taken out of service due to mechanical difficulties.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it fits in this thread, but I remember this one time in what I believe was 2008 or the first half of 2009 when a bus running the 10 came off the trolley wires at Marpole Loop, though I don't remember what bus it was. I was there with my mom and we had to wait a while for another bus to come. I think eventually they had to bring in a D40LF from Vancouver Transit Centre to run the route instead. Unfortunately, we didn't have a camera on us then, so there are no pictures.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Orion6784 said:

Appears to be all 8100s on the r3 today. I caught 4 of them this morning. 8105?, 8112, 8113 and 8115 so far.

All 16 D60LFR's were delivered with B-Line branding so I guess it's better than a conventional branded bus lol. B-Line is a predecessor to RapidBus. All of them except the first 3 that spent time in West Vancouver still carry the B-Line branding somewhere on the buses. Many have the rear ones removed probably for the ad-wraps. To me those 16 buses if they go to refurb should be painted in the RapidBus colours. Made more sense than last decade when all artic got the B-Line colours in addition to already designated B-Line buses then ran any bus on any artic route.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that this swap is less about branding and more so to do with maintenance. 

D60LFRs see almost no usage right now due to no classes at SFU (schedule only needs 5 buses on the 145 during peak hours right now).

Might they be better in these conditions? (e.g. snow? Resistance to road salt?)

It could make sense to reduce mileage on the Xcelsiors.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Express691 said:

I have a feeling that this swap is less about branding and more so to do with maintenance. 

D60LFRs see almost no usage right now due to no classes at SFU (schedule only needs 5 buses on the 145 during peak hours right now).

Might they be better in these conditions? (e.g. snow? Resistance to road salt?)

It could make sense to reduce mileage on the Xcelsiors.

I think it's maintenance thing. My first thought was that all the xde60s were broken.