Enviro 500

Vancouver Special Sightings

They've been pulling poles at Oakridge for a couple of weeks now.

7 hours ago, 9924 said:

They've been pulling poles at Oakridge for a couple of weeks now.

Oh, not sure then... haven't been around the corridor in months due to COVID :( but thanks for the update!

Follow up on 311 discussion since it's already here:

311 deckers didn't happen today. The 2 runs from friday were regular suburban buses this afternoon.

They wanted to put the deckers on the 354 but the City of White Rock doesn't want to prune the trees in order to clear the decker, so maybe thats why they put the decker on the 311 to test it out, could be why the test bus was at RTC the other week.  Just a thought.

5 hours ago, 9924 said:

They wanted to put the deckers on the 354 but the City of White Rock doesn't want to prune the trees in order to clear the decker, so maybe thats why they put the decker on the 311 to test it out, could be why the test bus was at RTC the other week.  Just a thought.

The 354 doesn't even have the ridership to justify the need for deckers beyond the Park & Ride anyway. I've taken the route a couple times in the PM before COVID started and both times on the last quarter of the trip from around South White Rock to WRC I've been the only passenger on-board and the bus was maybe half-full between the P&R and South White Rock.

7 hours ago, 8010 said:

The 354 doesn't even have the ridership to justify the need for deckers beyond the Park & Ride anyway. I've taken the route a couple times in the PM before COVID started and both times on the last quarter of the trip from around South White Rock to WRC I've been the only passenger on-board and the bus was maybe half-full between the P&R and South White Rock.

Evening trips aren’t very busy, but the AM trips fill up quick once it gets onto 160th

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 8010 said:

The 354 saw a quarter million rides in 2019, while that may not seem much, if a large part of that ridership is within a small time window throughout the day, there could very well be a need to add a decker onto that run even if its only really needed between Bridgeport and the P&R.

• Like 3

Walking out of Scott Road Stn, and had R19417 roll in to the exchange, no route number, drop off a few people, then roll on out.  Possibly due to a MVA resulting in massive delays, and requiring a reroute for the 555.

20200813_072358.jpg

40 minutes ago, Tidom said:

Walking out of Scott Road Stn, and had R19417 roll in to the exchange, no route number, drop off a few people, then roll on out.  Possibly due to a MVA resulting in massive delays, and requiring a reroute for the 555.

It's 2 accidents in 1.5km of each other, all WB

1 hour ago, Phillip said:

Was the purpose of this dash cam footage for the bus? Or a road rage incident? 😉

I think the Road Rage incident

Lately, an artic has been logging into a canceled PM 319 block and doing 640 instead. My hunch is that it's cheaper to pay regular instead of OT. 

Today it was 15003.