Enviro 500

Vancouver Special Sightings

1 hour ago, Michael Marriott said:

It would depend on the run/driver, those Nova 19's would be gap buses dealing with pass ups.  So, if one got to Broadway still full and the people want to go to the Skytrain it would make more sense to take people down the hill rather than dump them at Broadway and overload the next regular 19.  If, however , all the passengers got off to get a 99, then it would make sense for the bus to go out of service at Broadway.

Going to Main Street Station makes sense, to provide access to SkyTrain. But isn't there a destination sign "19 Main St Stn" programmed when the summer shuttles were extended to the station last year?

5 hours ago, rickie22 said:

I've been seeing these diesel buses running on the 19 (I have a good view of Kingsway from my work-from-home station), but when I look them up on the Radar app or T-comm, I don't see them listed. 

I rode one of these 19 "To Broadway" buses a few weeks ago. I expected the driver to turn left onto 10th, but he continued to Broadway, where he announced the bus will continue to Main Street Station. Is this still happening with these "to Broadway" buses?

The extra buses that are sent out to supplement the regular service have some flexibility because a lot of them don't have paddles, or the paddle says "subject to change per supervisor's instructions". Just yesterday I was directed by a supervisor to deadhead to Knight and Marine and do a 405, but he told me I could terminate at Richmond Centre if I didn't have any passengers that wanted to go further than that.

This morning I was doing one of the 430 overloads. I had a paddle, but it only had leave times from each terminus (no mid-route timing points at Bridgeport, 49th and Knight or Mitchell Island). There was also a minor discrepancy: the paddle comments instructed the operator to run ahead of the regular service, but the departure times on the paddle were two minutes AFTER the regular service was scheduled to depart. So I just looked up the times for the regular service, and made it up as I went along based on loads. 😛

21 hours ago, WillieTL said:

An odd find for the day: 2168 retrofitted with a d40lf window.

4F7FF5B0-8C77-4096-8CB9-B4B7E1B97672.jpeg

Could also be from a d60lf, 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, WillieTL said:

An odd find for the day: 2168 retrofitted with a d40lf window.

4F7FF5B0-8C77-4096-8CB9-B4B7E1B97672.jpeg

I've seen a DE60LFR with a D40LF/D60LF window, not sure unit it was.

IIRC, it's 8130. Location: curbside, second window before middle door. I filmed it a few months ago on the 257 and discovered the older window frame.

Screenshot_20200506_180343_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

3 hours ago, dover5949 said:

How did this end up on the 049 Sunday?

Special shuttles to help out with capacity and reduce the amount of pass ups between Cambie and Metrotown due to the restricted seating policy.  They did the same thing last Sunday, it was taken off the R4. If things are opening up on Tuesday, they might have to add on a few more and run them past 8pm.

1 hour ago, Phillip said:

7423 at RTC on Thursday with the double decker clearance testing equipment.

IMG_20200730_143934.jpg

Got a few others wondering about the previous decker testing bus, 7440: I presume it's dead?

4 hours ago, Express691 said:

Got a few others wondering about the previous decker testing bus, 7440: I presume it's dead?

It wasn't at RTC and HTC so it is likely being used with 7423 however Im not 100% certain

1 hour ago, VancouverTrolleybus said:

All diesels on the 41 today. No trolleys.

Let the outrage begin!

2 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Let the outrage begin!

Now I'm having second thoughts about that 41 I signed! 😁

Naw! Looking at the paddles the 41 is a designated trolley run. Probably something happening that made them to decide to put diesels on it temporary.

• Like 1