Vancouver Special Sightings

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a special sighting. MCW Metrobus tells you guys to take your arguments elsewhere or you're ALL getting two weeks in the CPTDB doghouse. (It's ok. Banned member "Promagstyle" has been

Ending the night with a bit of bragging rights

Artics have a better turning radius than rigid units. Whoever told you that has not driven an artic and knows little  or nothing about the subject matter.

Posted Images

I forgot to mention this but I saw West Coach Express cars 201, 215 and 106 coupled to Via Rail car 8130 at the Via Rail yard behind Pacific Central Station. Is this normal? What’s the big idea here? Is this just for maintenance? If so why are they coupled to 8130?

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

I forgot to mention this but I saw West Coach Express cars 201, 215 and 106 coupled to Via Rail car 8130 at the Via Rail yard behind Pacific Central Station. Is this normal? What’s the big idea here? Is this just for maintenance? If so why are they coupled to 8130?

VIA Rail holds the contract for maintenance for the equipment. It's nothing unusual to see VIA Rail & WCE equipment tied on together. Those 3 WCE coaches have been there for the past few months.

• Thanks 1

Artics on the 555: 

18049 this morning, 18034 this afternoon

18034:

-Bus passed up, but wasnt completely jam packed. Suburban seating mentality is having an impact on efficient loads.

-9212 on 555 broke down

-Someone decided to cut in line to get a seat

Today only: 555 moved to bay 1 at Lougheed until further notice

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Citaro said:

I don’t know either...

F0552778-C0C2-48B4-B810-7590508D20D6.thumb.jpeg.1fcf707b5e88881a92dde99ae908d707.jpeg

There was a climate action protest at Robson & Thurlow which had the entire intersection blocked. This coach was being u turned assisted by a transit supervisor to get it back to Davie & Denman where it would continue up Davie to Downtown. Not sure what happened with the rest of the service which was blocked?

• Like 4
8 hours ago, dover5949 said:

There was a climate action protest at Robson & Thurlow which had the entire intersection blocked. This coach was being u turned assisted by a transit supervisor to get it back to Davie & Denman where it would continue up Davie to Downtown. Not sure what happened with the rest of the service which was blocked?

There was a parked car in the way, and the poles nearly hit this tree:

FA5CBBFA-BAD8-4482-910B-E68C1FDF31F7.jpeg