Enviro 500

Vancouver Special Sightings

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

19007 on the 240, I don't remember the 240 having an artic block.

There's been 1 or 2 every morning since the service changes at the start of the month

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thomasw said:

V 1 8 3 8 4 displaying

50 WATERFRONT STN

EXPRESS

That'll happen when the op entered wrong code. Maybe it was full bus and the op entered the Express code (there's a lot to know)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

That'll happen when the op entered wrong code. Maybe it was full bus and the op entered the Express code (there's a lot to know)

It wasn’t full at all.

10 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Perhaps that bus was on an 84 and the driver didn't remove the EXPRESS PR code and so the next driver didn't realize it was still on. 

Occasionally I see 49's with the EXPRESS code on when the bus was previously on an 480 and the driver didn't realize it was still on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, owo transit fan said:

Not sure where this goes, but I saw many buses running as Climate Specials along Broadway Earlier. There were XDE60s from STC, RTC, and BTC, as well as Novas from VTC, to name a few. 

I also saw 18003 on Broadway, a bus from HTC but it was NIS and no passengers. No other XDE60s that isn’t from BTC and the Novas were there because of all the trolley route detouring as well.

5 hours ago, Phillip said:

Perhaps that bus was on an 84 and the driver didn't remove the EXPRESS PR code and so the next driver didn't realize it was still on. 

Occasionally I see 49's with the EXPRESS code on when the bus was previously on an 480 and the driver didn't realize it was still on.

Why do they use the “EXPRESS” PR message for routes like the #84 anyway? Why not integrate it into the sign programme itself?

A white BYD artic, doors on left and right sides, has appeared at BTC. 

I have no permission to share photos, but it is visible sitting at BTC-N from Kitchener.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Express691 said:

9231 showed up on N10 last night. (Unshareable pictures)

And it doesn't show up on tcomm. So more likely driver didn't login to system but changed the destination sign manually. That's my share on what may have happened

1 hour ago, Busmanic92 said:

And it doesn't show up on tcomm. So more likely driver didn't login to system but changed the destination sign manually. That's my share on what may have happened

Yes.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:51 PM, Express691 said:

A white BYD artic, doors on left and right sides, has appeared at BTC. 

I have no permission to share photos, but it is visible sitting at BTC-N from Kitchener.

20191008_020508.jpg

17 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

Is it going to maybe enter service??? That would be neat!

I don't understand what it is doing there. AFAIK BYD battery buses don't form part of Translink's plans at the moment.  Transit agencies normally don't welcome manufacturers pushing their equipment unless they are invited to take part in a demonstration etc..

16 minutes ago, martin607 said:

I don't understand what it is doing there. AFAIK BYD battery buses don't form part of Translink's plans at the moment.  Transit agencies normally don't welcome manufacturers pushing their equipment unless they are invited to take part in a demonstration etc..

They’re not “pushing” anything; this is business. TransLink is seeking to expand its fleet with more electric vehicles and BYD is a prospective bus manufacturer that wanted to offer its product as a contender.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Citaro said:

They’re not “pushing” anything; this is business. TransLink is seeking to expand its fleet with more electric vehicles and BYD is a prospective bus manufacturer that wanted to offer its product as a contender.

Yes but have Translink invited BYD to send this model for testing? I haven't heard anything about this trial but maybe you can send us a link.

On the other hand, maybe its something to do with this forthcoming EV conference in Whistler. The Regional VP of BYD is speaking there so maybe this bus will be an exhibit at the conference.

http://evswhistler.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1