Enviro 500

Vancouver Special Sightings

37 minutes ago, Danthetransitfan8074 said:

On another note, 9732 did a trip on the 44 and 99 this morning.

For this sheet, two AM runs on 043 linegroup are assigned 1.5 rounds 241, then do 44, then back to BTC as a 99.

• Like 1

Orion 9241 was seen on the 143 or 145 this morning. It only did one trip and I can't find it on T-Comm, but I swear I saw it go up the hill when I was at the Terry Fox Track. Couldn't get a picture fast enough.

And also, speaking of PTC, 8112 hasn't been in service in a very long time. 8043 is back to service this afternoon. And 8028/8057 seems dead to me.

3 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Orion 9241 was seen on the 143 or 145 this morning. It only did one trip and I can't find it on T-Comm, but I swear I saw it go up the hill when I was at the Terry Fox Track. Couldn't get a picture fast enough.

I actually think it could have been any white Orion doing a maintenance run up Burnaby Mountain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Express691 said:

I actually think it could have been any white Orion doing a maintenance run up Burnaby Mountain.

Nope, I was close enough to see the fleet number and to see that it was filled with passengers.

• Like 1

H19303 seen on Marine Way and Boundary Rd “NIS” with no licence plates and with packing material inside.  Operator looked like a maintenance worker.

*If this isn’t a special sighting let me know, I’m just visiting family in Vancouver!*

3 hours ago, Translink69 said:

3344 was a WCE TrainBus on Monday evening 

Do you mean it was a 701 Mission City or a replacement vehicle for a broken down train?

Assuming it was a replacement vehicle (since a C40LFR on a 701 could hardly be called rare), are you implying there was only one bus to take care of the entire train's passengers?

1 hour ago, TechSpotlight said:

H19303 seen on Marine Way and Boundary Rd “NIS” with no licence plates and with packing material inside.  Operator looked like a maintenance worker.

*If this isn’t a special sighting let me know, I’m just visiting family in Vancouver!*

Welcome to Vancouver!

Our new (trial) electric fleet H19301-H19304 has been testing in that area for a month or two now :) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

Do you mean it was a 701 Mission City or a replacement vehicle for a broken down train?

Assuming it was a replacement vehicle (since a C40LFR on a 701 could hardly be called rare), are you implying there was only one bus to take care of the entire train's passengers?

It was a Trainbus 

There was a police incident that delayed the last 2 trains at Waterfront, and I believe the delay was 40+ minutes

37 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

It was a Trainbus 

There was a police incident that delayed the last 2 trains at Waterfront, and I believe the delay was 40+ minutes

Ah, I see.

On another note, 8102 is on 77/701 right now, and that block seems to include the 9pm trip to Mission City. Is this common? Is there that much demand on the evening 701s?

I remember my only trip from Mission was on 3351, on the 10:37am departure around 2 years ago. Even then, the bus was close to full seated load, and I guess two years later there would be a lot more.

56 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

Ah, I see.

On another note, 8102 is on 77/701 right now, and that block seems to include the 9pm trip to Mission City. Is this common? Is there that much demand on the evening 701s?

I remember my only trip from Mission was on 3351, on the 10:37am departure around 2 years ago. Even then, the bus was close to full seated load, and I guess two years later there would be a lot more.

Yes, I’ve seen artics on Mission City trips multiple times

11 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Welcome to Vancouver!

Our new (trial) electric fleet H19301-H19304 has been testing in that area for a month or two now :) 

Speaking of which, they're all parked at HTC as of yesterday.

3 hours ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

I saw what appeared to be an xe60 sitting at Hamilton.

Confirmed with photos by a fellow fanner, in the Western Canadian Transit Lounge.

4 hours ago, buizelbus said:

Confirmed with photos by a fellow fanner, in the Western Canadian Transit Lounge.

CMBC or New Flyer's demo unit?

I ended up on a Nova HEV on the 340 today, some people have clearly never used sensor doors before and tried pushing the grab bars on the sides of the doors to open the doors.

56 minutes ago, 8010 said:

I ended up on a Nova HEV on the 340 today, some people have clearly never used sensor doors before and tried pushing the grab bars on the sides of the doors to open the doors.

Saw this coming from miles away. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Express691 said:

Saw this coming from miles away. Lol

I guess that's what happens when a North Delta route has sensor doors for the first time ever. (I think it's their first time) (I thought I put this in general sightings)

On 9/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, 8010 said:

Yup, I remember when the 410 switched over to Hamilton and had Novas the same thing was happening.  And you don't have to touch anything, lol!  Just wave at it :).