Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

11 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Do you mean it was a 701 Mission City or a replacement vehicle for a broken down train?

Assuming it was a replacement vehicle (since a C40LFR on a 701 could hardly be called rare), are you implying there was only one bus to take care of the entire train's passengers?

Welcome to Vancouver!

Our new (trial) electric fleet H19301-H19304 has been testing in that area for a month or two now :) 

Speaking of which, they're all parked at HTC as of yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

That'll happen when the op entered wrong code. Maybe it was full bus and the op entered the Express code (there's a lot to know)

Perhaps that bus was on an 84 and the driver didn't remove the EXPRESS PR code and so the next driver didn't realize it was still on. 

Occasionally I see 49's with the EXPRESS code on when the bus was previously on an 480 and the driver didn't realize it was still on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, owo transit fan said:

Not sure where this goes, but I saw many buses running as Climate Specials along Broadway Earlier. There were XDE60s from STC, RTC, and BTC, as well as Novas from VTC, to name a few. 

I also saw 18003 on Broadway, a bus from HTC but it was NIS and no passengers. No other XDE60s that isn’t from BTC and the Novas were there because of all the trolley route detouring as well.

5 hours ago, Phillip said:

Perhaps that bus was on an 84 and the driver didn't remove the EXPRESS PR code and so the next driver didn't realize it was still on. 

Occasionally I see 49's with the EXPRESS code on when the bus was previously on an 480 and the driver didn't realize it was still on.

Why do they use the “EXPRESS” PR message for routes like the #84 anyway? Why not integrate it into the sign programme itself?

• 2 weeks later...