Vancouver Special Sightings

saw 8063 leave on me on the 480 from Bridgeport (thanks to a woman who barged her way onto my skytrain without letting me off). Ended up tcomming it and upon tracking it, it made its way onto Sea Island and the Arthur Laing bridge down by at least a couple dozen minutes.

So I missed a chance to ride an artic on Sea Island. FML

Just saw 2210 pull into Dunbar loop from 41st ave eastbound, signed up as a 41 to Crown, snapped a quick photo from my 49.

I also noted one of those trolley wire work trucks on 41st at crown, the crews were working on something up there.

It's possible they had 2210 running around the loop to test it or something, its not on tcomm - It would be cool if it did a real 41 trip though on its way over. It had a real destination signed up after all...

Aside from the late night 19 runs that run to oak and 41st, I havent heard of any real 41st ave trolleybus service in a while.

...well it seems the board gives me an error while processing my image so have a link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S-BvAKU8A6NkpsZDV1WkREQUU/view?usp=drivesdk

16 minutes ago, jmward said:

Just saw 2210 pull into Dunbar loop from 41st ave eastbound, signed up as a 41 to Crown, snapped a quick photo from my 49.

I also noted one of those trolley wire work trucks on 41st at crown, the crews were working on something up there.

It's possible they had 2210 running around the loop to test it or something, its not on tcomm - It would be cool if it did a real 41 trip though on its way over. It had a real destination signed up after all...

Aside from the late night 19 runs that run to oak and 41st, I havent heard of any real 41st ave trolleybus service in a while.

...well it seems the board gives me an error while processing my image so have a link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S-BvAKU8A6NkpsZDV1WkREQUU/view?usp=drivesdk

Not sure what's up there, because that bus is facing the wrong way in a one-way bus loop. Besides the fact that the wires don't let you turn into the loop that way, looks kinda dangerous!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Large Cat said:

Not sure what's up there, because that bus is facing the wrong way in a one-way bus loop. Besides the fact that the wires don't let you turn into the loop that way, looks kinda dangerous!

Could be training. Lots of training classes happening....

8 hours ago, jmward said:

Sorry... I meant to quote this. Could be training...

On 5/31/2017 at 9:15 PM, Phillip said:

Could be training. Lots of training classes happening....

Sorry... I meant to quote this. Could be training...

It must have been. That's the only time you'll ever see a trolley on the 41.

The "scheduled" Orion run is more like 3-3:30pm Monday-Friday and it goes only from Cambie and Jacombs to Brighouse Station and bypasses the #3 Road portion.  The block schedule is here.  I checked the history on T-Comm and that's the only 407 run that has Orions tracked for the past while (excluding any specials that don't show up).

If you saw it Friday evenings it may have been night market shuttles?  I've seen those in the past (albeit not Orions) but not sure about the details this year.

39 minutes ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Saw 2204 on the 9 doing a U-turn at Hemlock Street due police blocking Broadway.

99s were rerouted three different ways tonight:

First via Oak, 16th, Burrard (stupidly out of the way).

Second via Hemlock, 10th, Fir.

Above, 10th turned out to be too narrow for 2 99's to fit side by side, so the WB 99's were again rerouted via Fir, 12th, Hemlock.

All in all very confusing for passengers. Can't be helped I guess!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

Saw H16030 display 100 MARINE DR STN this morning.

Thats on the alerts page:

3 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

Effective Saturday June 17, 6:45am to 7pm.

Due to construction on Marine Drive east of Cambie, all 3 westbound lanes will be closed and moved to one eastbound lane. The following detours will apply:

A shuttle coach will operate between Marpole Loop and Marine Dr Stn in both directions

15 Olympic Village From Marine Stn via Yukon, Marine, Cambie then regular route

100 Marpole Loop From Marine Stn via Yukon, Marine then regular route to Marpole Loop and terminate at Bay 5.

4 minutes ago, owo transit fan said:

Spotted 12008 depart Joyce Station Bay 5 as a 19 Metrotown Station with people on board. It didn't say anything about it on Tcomm and I'm so confused.

Bay 5 doesn't exist. Bay 5A?

Also 19 doesn't stop at Joyce Stn.