Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

Do you know when the dark and grey Mark I trains will be in service? Are the trains getting a new interior too?

As for when, Ill have to pass by the yard today at the earliest. Ill list all the active units I see today.

As for the redone interiors, There are only 3 that I have already mentioned in a previous post.

019, 020, and 035.

All that was done was a litle touch up job. They repainted all the interior panels that were coloured red.

Do you know when the dark and grey Mark I trains will be in service? Are the trains getting a new interior too?

Here's an article I wrote on it for Vancity Buzz: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/01/translink-to-refurbish-skytrain-cars/

They were supposed to get new interiors and a light-up map like the Mark II 2nd generations, but TransLink is no longer doing that in order to cut costs.

I don't think they'll be in service until next year since they have only started procuring the materials.

BCRTC sent out a RFP earlier this year to repaint I think two SkyTrain Mark I vehicles to "test" the paint to be used for in refurbishment. The ones spotted at the SkyTrain yard is probably the test paint vehicles.

As for when, Ill have to pass by the yard today at the earliest. Ill list all the active units I see today.

As for the redone interiors, There are only 3 that I have already mentioned in a previous post.

019, 020, and 035.

All that was done was a litle touch up job. They repainted all the interior panels that were coloured red.

They aren't part of the refurbishment project though.

No, they trial set of repaints is already late so who knows when they'll hit service. I don't know if this trail set is getting the new interior right away, the contract was just for repainting.

It's sounding like all the refurbishments of the MK I and IIs will take place at OMC II (aka the former Bombardier plant adjacent to OMC I). There is a request for quotations to reinstall the operating tracks between the two facilities. A contract to build a paint booth in OMC II should have been signed earlier this year

They aren't part of the refurbishment project though.

Bingo. Those got a white interior repaint a few years ago, nothing "special" IMO

I think two SkyTrain Mark I vehicles to "test" the paint to be used for in refurbishment. The ones spotted at the SkyTrain yard is probably the test paint vehicles.

I have a feeling it will be the "duct tape" mark 1s. (68-69 i think? correct me if i'm wrong)

I have a feeling it will be the "duct tape" mark 1s. (68-69 i think? correct me if i'm wrong)

These ones? 063-064? I don't think remember seeing them recently. I think they were wrapped in Travelsmart green. but im not too sure on that.

067-068 have 1 side painted and 1 side blank.

Currently, Im making a list of what I see. So far I have seen 56 units these past 48 hours. Just to narrow it down.

• 2 weeks later...