Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

From these past fireworks nights:

Aside from the articulated buses (and C40LFR on the first Saturday) that ran down Robson Street, there was the usual rare articulated assignments.

21015 ran a trip on the 4 on Wednesday.

19006 did a 211 to Phibbs on Wednesday.

18034 was assigned to 335 Newton Exchange tonight.

Another artic did 321 Wednesday night

Additional HTC artics were assigned to 209.

19031 did a 240 Lynn Valley via Park Royal (noting WVMT OT strike)

=======

NOT specific to Fireworks but lately they've been sending an extra RapidBus 319 down Scott Road weekend nights. It's usually a late trip which leaves SkyTrain at approximately 11:30pm.

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

19031 did a 240 Lynn Valley via Park Royal (noting WVMT OT strike)

From what I know, this was supposed to happen again today (30 July) at ~22:30 with 19031, but was cancelled at the last minute. Not sure if it ended up happening on second trip.

EDIT: This did happen for 19031 today on second trip, just not on first trip.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, UprisingCanadian said:

I wonder why TL ordered LFSe+'s over CHARGE XE40s, even though our current LFSe's seem to be a lot less reliable over the XE40s. I think one LFSe had to get its entire battery pack replaced!

The LFSe+ comes with a BAE electric system, which is already used on the 2018 Nova HEVs and 2018-2021 XDE60s

• 2 weeks later...

Update: shortly after, there was a double-length gap between Lafarge Lake-bound trains. Then when I passed over VCC-Clark on the Expo, I saw the Mark Is still parked at the westbound platform. So clearly this was something odd.

Also the new board software evidently doesn't automatically merge posts anymore.

They had to enlist an extra 245 artic to deal with Cap-U crowds this afternoon.

Once students find out which classes they can skip/start to slunk this semester then maybe the loads will hunker down. Generally these first two weeks there's all these welcome/club/fun events so there's that.