Vancouver Special Sightings

Enviro 500

5 hours ago, Orion6784 said:

Appears to be all 8100s on the r3 today. I caught 4 of them this morning. 8105?, 8112, 8113 and 8115 so far.

All 16 D60LFR's were delivered with B-Line branding so I guess it's better than a conventional branded bus lol. B-Line is a predecessor to RapidBus. All of them except the first 3 that spent time in West Vancouver still carry the B-Line branding somewhere on the buses. Many have the rear ones removed probably for the ad-wraps. To me those 16 buses if they go to refurb should be painted in the RapidBus colours. Made more sense than last decade when all artic got the B-Line colours in addition to already designated B-Line buses then ran any bus on any artic route.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that this swap is less about branding and more so to do with maintenance. 

D60LFRs see almost no usage right now due to no classes at SFU (schedule only needs 5 buses on the 145 during peak hours right now).

Might they be better in these conditions? (e.g. snow? Resistance to road salt?)

It could make sense to reduce mileage on the Xcelsiors.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Express691 said:

I have a feeling that this swap is less about branding and more so to do with maintenance. 

D60LFRs see almost no usage right now due to no classes at SFU (schedule only needs 5 buses on the 145 during peak hours right now).

Might they be better in these conditions? (e.g. snow? Resistance to road salt?)

It could make sense to reduce mileage on the Xcelsiors.

I think it's maintenance thing. My first thought was that all the xde60s were broken.

2 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

Was this for testing purposes or was this because of all the maintenance being done right now? 

My guess is it was because of cold/icy conditions - if they needed trains to be driven manually, better to do it with fewer trains so fewer drivers are needed. To keep the same capacity they use longer trains which means MK I and III trains are sometime used.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Express691 said:

April fools

No seriously - did you catch wind of the ongoing repercussions of the Egregor hack?

Haha I got no clue I’m just getting annoyed that it’s taken 4 months to fix and we still have no clue how much longer we will have to wait

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

The 19 is all diesel today. 7409, 7438 and 7426 the good old D40LFs be on that route and just some of ‘em Novas.

Also the 17 be all diesel.

Its not unusual diesels appeared on the 17&19